999 users online (181 members and 818 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 424
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vantucky
    Posts
    259

    Tipster saw TH truck 6/4 AM near SI

    Originally Posted by nurseratchett on another thread, sugessted I start a new thread:

    Just saw on KOIN news that a tipster by the name of "Chas" saying he saw truck with TH coming from an area he described as somewhere north of Logie Trail Rd. off Hwy 30 on 6/4/10.....

    He said about 9:45 AM, he thought it was his friends truck, then as he pulled up he saw a red haired woman he is now certain was TH. He has called the tip in twice he says, starting about 10 days ago, but has not been contacted by police yet.
    No link yet on KOIN. It was on their 11 broadcast, lead story IIRC.

    ADDED: the road he mentions can be seen here:
    A-, link to school is ~ 6 miles

    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ta...and%20hwy%2030
    Last edited by grandmaj; 07-12-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: red is edited.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseratchett View Post
    Originally Posted by nurseratchett on another thread, sugessted I start a new thread:

    Just saw on KOIN news that a tipster by the name of "Chas" saying he saw truck with TH coming from Logie Trail Rd. off Hwy 30 on 6/4/10.....

    He said about 9:45 AM, he thought it was his friends truck, then as he pulled up he saw a red haired woman he is now certain was TH. He has called the tip in twice he says, starting about 10 days ago, but has not been contacted by police yet.
    No link yet on KOIN. It was on their 11 broadcast, lead story IIRC.

    ADDED: the road he mentions can be seen here:
    A-, link to school is ~ 6 miles

    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ta...and%20hwy%2030
    thanks Nurse {for short if that's OK}

    I just found a link to Pufnstuff's great map but can't get it to link here. It was the weirdest thing. I found Logie Trail Rd and for some reason it stayed on my screen no matter how I moved it around. Which I did, looking to see where the school was in relationship to this road.

    And then suddenly on my screen was Logie Trail Rd, lined in green, and not far south of that I saw the school on Skyline Blvd. I know what that road looks like. It was so spooky, almost like a sign or something

    It isn't that far. One would take a right on Skyline Blvd and the first main rd is Logie Trail. It is a very winding road, and has like a couple of hairpin tight turns.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,204
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseratchett View Post
    Originally Posted by nurseratchett on another thread, sugessted I start a new thread:

    Just saw on KOIN news that a tipster by the name of "Chas" saying he saw truck with TH coming from Logie Trail Rd. off Hwy 30 on 6/4/10.....

    He said about 9:45 AM, he thought it was his friends truck, then as he pulled up he saw a red haired woman he is now certain was TH. He has called the tip in twice he says, starting about 10 days ago, but has not been contacted by police yet.
    No link yet on KOIN. It was on their 11 broadcast, lead story IIRC.

    ADDED: the road he mentions can be seen here:
    A-, link to school is ~ 6 miles

    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ta...and%20hwy%2030
    Just wondering why he took so long to report this. I would question his memory so many days after the sighting. I guess she would be pretty recognizable but why the delay?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,204
    I may be turned around but isn't Logie Rd going away from the Sauvie Island bridge?
    Eta If she was travelling down Skyline Blvd she could have turned onto Cornelius Pass and then right to the bridge. If she went straight on Skyline she would have passed Cornelius Pass and hit Logie Rd. Looks like a very windy road. And there is a lake near there, Rainbow Lake. I wonder if LE has searched there? That might show a ping on Sauvie Island. I have never heard of that lake and I didn't live very far from there at one time. Surprising I never heard of it. I wonder what kind of access it has, whether or not people go there, fish, etc.?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Thanks for your map Nurse. And now I see he saw her off Hwy 30 and Logie Trail Rd. I wonder if she would have cut over to Cornelius Pass Rd and then up to Logie or gone down Skyline to Logie. So many twists in that road it would be a bad one to drive if one was stressed out and worried about not being seen.

    If I didn't have a big 'ole F250 I'd drive over there to see if there is activity in the area but NOPEY NOPE, I'm chicken. I don't do real well driving at night.

    Any other locals who are close by to go see whaz up?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vantucky
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    Just wondering why he took so long to report this. I would question his memory so many days after the sighting. I guess she would be pretty recognizable but why the delay?
    From what I got listening to him, he initially "knew" about Kyron, but wasn't necessarily following all the details closely, then a couple of weeks ago something triggered his memory, he indicates as he was seeing more info on the news about the whole thing, he then realized he believes the red haired woman he saw was TH. He says he was traveling south on Hwy 30, and saw ther truck coming off Logie Trail Rd approximately 0915-0945, he watched the truck because he thought it was a friend who has one exactly like that m odel, he then pulled closer, looked over, and saw who he now feels was TH.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vantucky
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    I may be turned around but isn't Logie Rd going away from the Sauvie Island bridge?
    Eta If she was travelling down Skyline Blvd she could have turned onto Cornelius Pass and then right to the bridge. If she went straight on Skyline she would have passed Cornelius Pass and hit Logie Rd. Looks like a very windy road. And there is a lake near there, Rainbow Lake. I wonder if LE has searched there? That might show a ping on Sauvie Island. I have never heard of that lake and I didn't live very far from there at one time. Surprising I never heard of it. I wonder what kind of access it has, whether or not people go there, fish, etc.?
    The bridge would be SE of Logie Trail, if someone were driving north on Logie Trail, and wanted to get to SI, they would take a right on Hwy 30, then travel SE towards the bridge.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseratchett View Post
    From what I got listening to him, he initially "knew" about Kyron, but wasn't necessarily following all the details closely, then a couple of weeks ago something triggered his memory, he indicates as he was seeing more info on the news about the whole thing, he then realized he believes the red haired woman he saw was TH. He says he was traveling south on Hwy 30, and saw ther truck coming off Logie Trail Rd approximately 0915-0945, he watched the truck because he thought it was a friend who has one exactly like that m odel, he then pulled closer, looked over, and saw who he now feels was TH.
    I want to read what he said, but I'm not finding it at all. Do you have a link. Sorry if I missed it!

    eta: I re-read your post and it sounds like a news broadcast, not something written. Right?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseratchett View Post
    From what I got listening to him, he initially "knew" about Kyron, but wasn't necessarily following all the details closely, then a couple of weeks ago something triggered his memory, he indicates as he was seeing more info on the news about the whole thing, he then realized he believes the red haired woman he saw was TH. He says he was traveling south on Hwy 30, and saw ther truck coming off Logie Trail Rd approximately 0915-0945, he watched the truck because he thought it was a friend who has one exactly like that m odel, he then pulled closer, looked over, and saw who he now feels was TH.
    WOWSERS. That makes sense now that I stop to read your O/P again. LOL I got so excited as I have this hard feeling this is what LE has been waiting for all this time. That one tip.

    So he is going south on Hwy 30 and he sees her pull out of Logie Rd onto Hwy 30, watched the truck and then pulled closer and saw the woman with red hair.

    I wonder if LE will wait till morning to go out there? I have to go look up Rainbow Lake. That would be the easiest way to dispose of a body, right, with a woman doing it? In the water. I wonder if she took the care to weight him down. Maybe she ran over to Albertsons to buy some line type rope and stashed him temporarily by the lake? I know that's a stretch.


    My, I still have about 2 shots of Tequila which I think were meant for tonight. I'll never get to sleep without it. LOL


    ETA: Do you think she knows she was seen and has been waiting for this shoe to drop?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vantucky
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by wondering1 View Post
    I want to read what he said, but I'm not finding it at all. Do you have a link. Sorry if I missed it!

    eta: I re-read your post and it sounds like a news broadcast, not something written. Right?
    Yes, exactly- news broadcast from the 2300 KOIN news. I haven't found a link yet, not sure when/if they will post the video (hope soon as I don't want to be one of those "crazy" people who hear things)
    It was audio only, filmed outside, looks like near the area, with "Chas" staying off camera but reporter asking questions, and him answering in sillouhette/off to the side.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vantucky
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    My, I still have about 2 shots of Tequila which I think were meant for tonight. I'll never get to sleep without it. LOL

    Me too Scandi, I can't recall the last time I have spent so many sleepless nights. I have no tequila, but do have some fabulous orange summer ale. Portland and beer... it's a good thing.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,204
    Rainbow lake is a reservoir, doesn't look like much of a recreational place. Couldn't find much about it online but I know if it were a recreational type place I would have heard about it. I am wondering how hard it would be to dump a body (sorry) there? I am tempted to take a drive out there myself and get a feel for it. I hope LE takes this seriously and maybe does a search. It sounds like it could be a good lead.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    172
    ok, so I am getting confused...was there a sighting of TH at an Albertson's??? I have not seen that anywhere. Can someone fill me in on that one.

    I saw the koin segment, and this guy says he called the tip line twice and no one returned his call....wth????

    This could be the proof LE needs and they don't call him back...wow

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseratchett View Post
    Me too Scandi, I can't recall the last time I have spent so many sleepless nights. I have no tequila, but do have some fabulous orange summer ale. Portland and beer... it's a good thing.
    Oh yea !!!

    First tho, before da Tequila,

    We need to figure out what a person who has just had a narcissistic explosion, would do when presented with this scenario. Would she panic? Be all shaky and crying down the road? Or have a firm jaw and just proceeding with her plan which had gone well so far.

    Also, The more I think about it, they probably had this info earlier today, called Kane and Desiree telling them to lay off w/ their pressers as they now have a very credible sighting and will be searching anew in that area.

    Didn't we learn about their 'today's' statement about 4 this afternoon? I bet LE has already scoped out the possibilities on or off Logie Rd and have already formulated their search. At least I hope so.




    HI DEAR TakeNote

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,204
    Quote Originally Posted by mauirain View Post
    ok, so I am getting confused...was there a sighting of TH at an Albertson's??? I have not seen that anywhere. Can someone fill me in on that one.

    I saw the koin segment, and this guy says he called the tip line twice and no one returned his call....wth????

    This could be the proof LE needs and they don't call him back...wow
    Sadly, with 2700+ tips coming in, many by crackpot psychics (IMO) they have a lot to wade through. I have heard they have not responded to many yet. I would hope they had someone to screen through and weed out the yoyos who waste time and get to significant ones. They do tell people to call 911 with sightings so those should be acted on immediately. I feel, given the proximity to Rainbow lake that this should be taken seriously. I wonder how close the pings would have to be from Sauvie Island to ping there. I wonder if this would be considered in the same range.

    Eta I also wonder if the pings from Sauvie Island corrensponded with the same times that she was seen by this man?

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. White Truck Focus and second person in truck.
    By worriedmommy in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 774
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 12:16 AM
  2. Who was the tipster?
    By Kimster in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 04:36 PM

Tags for this Thread