2010.07.12 - How Much Did Caylee Say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomo

Reaction score
To quote one of my favourite Canadians (from Southern Saskatchewan - not far from my home town), Art Linkletter:

"Kids say the darnedest things!"

I wonder how much Cindy knew about Caylee's daily routine. What I mean is, how vocal was Caylee?

An only child at nearly three years old is usually able to speak in full sentences, express his or her sentiments, and answer questions about their day.

You can't tell me that Cindy didn't come home in the evening and ask Caylee, "So, did you have a fun day? What did you do today? Did you have fun at Zanny's house? Was Zack there today?"

I think Cindy was getting the idea that KC's stories were lies because Caylee TOLD HER.

Perhaps that could have been part of the fight on June 15th that cemented the fact in KC's mind that Caylee had to die. If not, the jigg would be up. She might have done it to shut "the little snot" up.

I know that Cindy reads here. Cindy, that little one turned to you and SAID things! How can you ignore that.

I think Cindy was well aware and always had been that Casey was a liar, and was definitely curious about how Casey and Caylee spent their days, so no doubt she asked Caylee, and no doubt Caylee could tell her, but unfortunately we will never really know because Cindy is not about to reveal this information. But yes, agree, that Caylee would have 'given up' her mom, and Cindy may well have thrown that back in Casey's face every now and again.

im pretty sure ( in the book mommys little girl) GA admited he asked caylee hows zanny/did you have fun at zannys and she looked at him blankly. same reaction when he asked hows zach..like she had no idea who he was talking about..so HE had doubts for some time and admitted so in the beg of the investigation...im sure CA did too, but she is in such backpedal mode..its not funny.

im pretty sure ( in the book mommys little girl) GA admited he asked caylee hows zanny/did you have fun at zannys and she looked at him blankly. same reaction when he asked hows zach..like she had no idea who he was talking about..so HE had doubts for some time and admitted so in the beg of the investigation...im sure CA did too, but she is in such backpedal mode..its not funny.
And I'm sure CA put her foot down if GA wanted to grill KC about her lies.

I think there's some truth in this. My granddaughter is 22 months and she can give detail of her days. She too is an only, only child, only grandchild and usually the onlys are advanced from spending the majority of their time with adults. Caylee didn't spend much, if any, time with other children so I'm guessing her speech was advanced. I don't think her speaking caused her demise but I'm thinking it may have tied into Casey's frustrations.

I'm sure there were many times CA didn't even need to ask Caylee.

Few weeks ago my toddler and I were on our way to the mall, and when I backed out of the driveway, I tapped the fence post with the bumper. Later I dropped him off at his grandma's to spend the night, and the first words out of his mouth were, 'Momma made the car go BOOM.'

Then I'm tripping over myself trying to explain that the bumper was barely scratched, it made more noise than damage, and everything was fine.

I bet you there were many times Caylee was just talking as children do and KC got an earful from CA when she returned home.

I think there's some truth in this. My granddaughter is 22 months and she can give detail of her days. She too is an only, only child, only grandchild and usually the onlys are advanced from spending the majority of their time with adults. Caylee didn't spend much, if any, time with other children so I'm guessing her speech was advanced. I don't think her speaking caused her demise but I'm thinking it may have tied into Casey's frustrations.

:Welcome-12-june:

It is fun to see people joining and participating. The more the merrier.

I appreciate your thoughts on this topic Mashmallow. Please keep posting.

I think Caylee's expanding vocabulary was definitely a threat to KC's current way of life.
IMO ,Cindy overlooked a lot.She liked to harp on KC,but in the end she continued to allow KC to get away with not working and not being a good mother.
Cindy needed to work. She was the sole support of the family.
I believe that's one reason she ignored things Caylee would say. She had to keep working and facing what was really going on would mean lost wages.
I doubt that she ever imagined KC would kill Caylee.
Since Caylee was born ,the family went through a huge financial hit (george blew a wad) and a seperation. I think Cindy just wanted act as though life was normal,when it so obviously was not.
I think Caylee must have told Cindy things in her little girl way.

Great thread , BTW!

To quote one of my favourite Canadians (from Southern Saskatchewan - not far from my home town), Art Linkletter:

"Kids say the darnedest things!"

I wonder how much Cindy knew about Caylee's daily routine. What I mean is, how vocal was Caylee?

An only child at nearly three years old is usually able to speak in full sentences, express his or her sentiments, and answer questions about their day.

You can't tell me that Cindy didn't come home in the evening and ask Caylee, "So, did you have a fun day? What did you do today? Did you have fun at Zanny's house? Was Zack there today?"

I think Cindy was getting the idea that KC's stories were lies because Caylee TOLD HER.

Perhaps that could have been part of the fight on June 15th that cemented the fact in KC's mind that Caylee had to die. If not, the jigg would be up. She might have done it to shut "the little snot" up.

I know that Cindy reads here. Cindy, that little one turned to you and SAID things! How can you ignore that.

I think Cindy was aware that KC was telling lies well before she heard them form Caylee. It was what she was saying that got her killed, not just that she was letting on her Mom told lies.

I do not believe that was the only reason that KC wanted to be rid of her, but it was definitely a big contributing factor, for KC's chosen method of execution was a extreme method of telling Caylee to SHUT UP

:furious:

I always felt this was the trigger. Caylee spent the whole day with Cindy on the 15th. Gr-Grandma tells Cindy about the money and she goes ballistic and starts questioning Caylee. Poor little Caylee answers as any child would.

Cindy gets to Casey with "Caylee said this and that". By the 16th, Caylee is gone and her mouth is duct-taped savagely. "You will never speak again".

Hence, guilt ridden Cindy in denial. Who would want to feel that they contributed to that?

I still remember some of the things that came out of my kids mouths when I wasn't expecting it....they talk!--she wouldn't understand "secrets"---

I remember my sister kept telling her boy not to tell daddy...he finally told her that it was to hard to remember not to tell him....he was only two something..so I do think age was getting tricky...plus they really don't sleep on command at that age either....(granted mine never did-twins so they had other missions....)

GREAT THREAD!
I have always thought that on the way home from visiting GGPA,
Caylee was a chatterbox!
CA learned much more serious things being done to CAYLEE from kc.
It made Cindy and George go into a rage!
Big huge fight that night.
Simply kc got rid of her problem..........tattle tale daughter.
CAYLEE was VERY intelligent and full of spark.
My grand children tell me everything..........
all kids at that age start to tell things
to grandparents............from funny to serious.

I always felt this was the trigger. Caylee spent the whole day with Cindy on the 15th. Gr-Grandma tells Cindy about the money and she goes ballistic and starts questioning Caylee. Poor little Caylee answers as any child would.

Cindy gets to Casey with "Caylee said this and that". By the 16th, Caylee is gone and her mouth is duct-taped savagely. "You will never speak again".

Hence, guilt ridden Cindy in denial. Who would want to feel that they contributed to that?

Yes, Cat Lady! You have made the very important link with the duct taped mouth. I had always thought that the taped mouth meant something.

I don't believe people do things for no reason.

I have not studied too many murders of small child, but I don't recall too many that have been found with their mouths taped. Adults, yes, but small children, no.

Who other than KC would have a reason to tape a little one's mouth. If it is to stop screaming in order to go undetected, a hand would do. I think the tape was added post-mortum and KC's compulsion to do was stronger than her.

OT: I'm sorry to pop in here ... but could anyone please tell me where I might find a discussion on the book:

Mommy's Little Girl?

Thank you so much ... I couldn't find a 'question & answer' forum section.

Diana

OT: I'm sorry to pop in here ... but could anyone please tell me where I might find a discussion on the book:

Mommy's Little Girl?

Thank you so much ... I couldn't find a 'question & answer' forum section.

Diana

:eek:fftopic: I bumped it for you :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79220"]Author D. Fanning Discusses Caylee Book & Case on BlogTalk (Link Included) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I, too, have always felt that something like this happened. After learning from her mother that KC has stolen from her gp, CA questioned Caylee and Caylee must have told her something that she didn't like. CA lit into KC when she got home and KC took it out on Caylee. Poor little baby!

My sisters daughter will be three in December, we love to spend time with her.

Just yesterday, we were throwing those little paper poppers at the ground with both my niece and older nephew. My husband threw one up high at a wall and my niece got some of the little pebble like substance in her hair.
For quite a while after that, she was pulling at strands of her hair and holding her head with a nervous look saying; "He popped my head...", which would have sounded and looked horrible to anyone just coming into the picture.

She will tell you about her dog Zoe, tell you "I'm coming with you!" when you exit the room, she's grabbed a comb and said; "Let me help me you." while she's combed my hair. She informed us her brother was a cry baby who doesn't share, put her hand on my knee and asked me; "you okay?", and my absolute favorite which blew my mind was when she seemed to actually understand timing, waited for my husband to leave the room while he got her some ice cream and said; "uncle is funny!".

Just a few examples of this little character and the things she expresses.

There is no question imo that as the baby grew into a toddler, that it would come with a whole new set of challenges for a social girl who's got secrets from every person in her life.
Quite sure she could recount every bruise and scratch as well. I've always shown concern for my niece's and nephew's injuries and ask how they occurred...

One of my favourite examples of how a 3-year-old (or near 3-year-old) mind works and communication abilities.

Although this is a cute example, it clearly shows how toddlers can express complex and abstract ideas in relation to a threat or fear.

Sorry, trying to figure out how to embed YouTube so if it doesn't work, please follow this link:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eectvHXcKOU[/ame]

I think Cat Lady is onto something too. I'm just not convinced she put the duct tape on after Caylee died, I think she put it on before, so that it not only was a cause of death but also a show of KC's anger- "so you wanna talk huh? well little girl that's the last time you'll tell on me!"--that kind of thing.

Also I remember that my son at that age took everything literal. You could not say "oh, that gave me butterflies in my stomach" because he literally thought that you had butterflies in your stomach.....he asked me how they got in there...lol.

IMO this idea that Caylee had begun to tell on KC, I think this could be a big part of the motive, and C & G were not above using it. Poor Caylee.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member