1243 users online (277 members and 966 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

OH - sex offender asks for directions to little miss pageant, Fairborn, 2010

Not only is he a Registered Sex Offender and a scarry looking dude Michal Lynn Light is also dumb as a box of hair.

Light asked a cop for direction to the "Little Miss Fairborn Pageant" so he could take pictures. What? Creepy was on a bicycle which he proceeded to ride through a block party type atmosphere and was told to stop. Great he was in such a hurry he'll run people over.

Being anti-authority and a perv in a hurry he got himself busted for fighting with LE. Innocent of course.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...nt-804664.html

This guy is disgusting. I am glad he got in trouble before he could get to the pageant.

I honestly do not know why people put their small children in public pageants. And I mean particularly where they have some costumes that are provocative and grownup hair and makeup.

jmo
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Keep reading.........he's married(!) AND he lives within walking distance of two schools.
    Lovely!
    Those pageants are pedo heaven(despite the parents claiming otherwise) & its an 'open secret' that many of the most well known photographers in that industry are pedophiles.
    I really wish those pageants were illegal!The way those children are exploited is disgusting.
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Why doesn't this surprise me? I've watched quite a few episodes of the children pageants on television and have always thought they were a pedophiles dream. I have to wonder how many are sitting in on a show right this very moment.

It's not only the threat of pedophiles that bother me with these pageants. If you watch the shows for any amount of time you can see these girls are not taught to value themselves beyond their looks and ability to win. "You're so beautiful honey, here, time for your fake spray tan then let's color your hair and add 5 pounds of fake hair. Here's some fake eyelashes and makeup that could rival a Las Vegas show girl. Don't forget to put in your flipper".

My apologies for the rant. I often watch in utter disbelief that these types of pageants exist and worry about the children who participate.

Why does he live in walking distance to two schools? I'm guessing it's within the required radius the registry recommends. I mean insists upon.

In all fairness I'm not a huge pretty pageant person myself. However, he's a pedophile. He's going to go after any young girl that he can have access to. No doubt he's taken pictures of the kids at those schools he lives close to.

We have to remember that pedophiles don't discriminate when it comes to clothing styles. Maybe this one does? The parents of those children have to be aware that he wasn't going to be the only freak judging who had the better smile that day.

They're everywhere. This one just happens to be about as backwards as you can get to ask for directions. Another article said the wife was right behind the bike. I got nothing.

I absolutely refused to put my daughter in anything like that when she was little. People raved over how beautiful she was, but I said nothing doing. I don't like small children put in competitions they don't understand and then don't understand why they weren't the "winner." No way. No how. Even beyond the fact that these things are a pedophiles dream, I just don't think it is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    I absolutely refused to put my daughter in anything like that when she was little. People raved over how beautiful she was, but I said nothing doing. I don't like small children put in competitions they don't understand and then don't understand why they weren't the "winner." No way. No how. Even beyond the fact that these things are a pedophiles dream, I just don't think it is healthy.
    It's a money making machine, B. For the people running the pageants.

My DD went to a dance school that promoted these. Probably some of the folks that run the dance schools get a kickback. My nerves were frayed enough from tap lessons. I always refused.

Soooooooo, my one good friend one year decides she is going to have DD do it and please will I? Me of all people figure "How bad can it be?" DD was all up for it because all the other kids had been alowed to do it for years.

Are you kidding me? First off it teaches kids you're only beautiful if Judge Nancy voted you in. I actually asked "What if Pretty Princess lost an eye? Can she still be a winner and how would you then describe her?"

They parade the kids and say "Joanie has blonde hair and blue eyes. Her favorite hobbies are helping make bread with mommy". What? Not to mention me of all people not thinking I just gave information about my kid to Lord knows who at that desk.

Behind the scenes is chaos. The names these girls were getting called by their own mom's was outrageous. Meanwhile my kid is loving this. Watching. Waiting for the next curse word to fly. I was like "We're outta here". She was much older than alot of those kids at the time, and explaining that just because you have a nicer dress that cost more money and better fake teeth (flippers) does not make you beautiful.

What about education? There were no scholarships up for prizes. Just barbie and some stuffed animals.

I was like "Never, ever, ever again". However in fairness I have to say some of the mom's did work hard. It's alot of work and some kept their cool. I have seen kids in sports yelled at just as much. Also a tough job.

Forget about the pervert, pedophile aspect of it. If I think back I'll have a nervous breakdown. My DD to this day is all miffed she could have won the Barbie.

One time we were visiting with my daughters grandparents. They were taking us to be in the "Easter Parade." Guess what it was? My poor daughter was only about 4 and completely confused by the whole thing. I didn't know that is what it would be or she wouldn't have gone. Then, of course, she was devastated because she lost and she just didn't understand the whole thing. I was so completely mortified by the whole thing, I made sure nothing like that ever happened again. She was just wearing a pretty little easter dress, but nothing spectacular and of course these kids were dressed to the nines because their parents knew what it was. I was completely horrified and disgusted by the entire event. I felt like she was a piece of meat on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308 View Post
    Why doesn't this surprise me? I've watched quite a few episodes of the children pageants on television and have always thought they were a pedophiles dream. I have to wonder how many are sitting in on a show right this very moment.

It's not only the threat of pedophiles that bother me with these pageants. If you watch the shows for any amount of time you can see these girls are not taught to value themselves beyond their looks and ability to win. "You're so beautiful honey, here, time for your fake spray tan then let's color your hair and add 5 pounds of fake hair. Here's some fake eyelashes and makeup that could rival a Las Vegas show girl. Don't forget to put in your flipper".

My apologies for the rant. I often watch in utter disbelief that these types of pageants exist and worry about the children who participate.

I totally agree. I watch every single episode of Toddlers and Tiaras and Little Miss Perfect while trying to comprehend the psychology of the parents of the participants. ( Trying to gain a better understanding of Patsy Ramsey)

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

If you notice(& no I'm not being snarky-honest!)most of the pageant Moms are NOT pageant material themselves so I truly think it's them living vicariously through their daughters & putting their own neurotic issues on them.
    I hate watching them insist it's the daughter's idea to do the pageants(meanwhile the poor baby looks terrified...or bored & you know they hate it!).
    My Mother tried pageants with me....once....thank god she was self involved to try to push that any further(oh yeah & the fact I cut my own shoulder length hair off-myself at 10-the night before...oops!)
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    If you notice(& no I'm not being snarky-honest!)most of the pageant Moms are NOT pageant material themselves so I truly think it's them living vicariously through their daughters & putting their own neurotic issues on them.
    I hate watching them insist it's the daughter's idea to do the pageants(meanwhile the poor baby looks terrified...or bored & you know they hate it!).
    My Mother tried pageants with me....once....thank god she was self involved to try to push that any further(oh yeah & the fact I cut my own shoulder length hair off-myself at 10-the night before...oops!)
    Well, Vespa Elf I'm offended. I thnk I'm all that and I was a pageant mom for one day.

I so wish I had cable because I would love watching them shows. I only know who Baby Eden is from those gossip shows. The kid is a riot.

Well, those mom's can't be pageant material because I'd be lucky if I had a quick shower at the rate you have to organize and primp them kids. I can't imagine the mom's eating healthy or exercising cause that stuff takes up tons of time. Then they do all the different outfits like sports wear and blah, blah. Admittedly I loved the dressing up a girl part of life as a mom, but that only lead to my DD to becoming a hippy or antarchist. Or both I think. She blames those bows stuck in her head for her fashion choices these days. Still it's madness with these dresses and sparkles.

Hey, thank goodness your mom was cool enough to not freak when you cut your hair yourself. Them ladies I heard screaming at their kids would have had to leave in an ambulance.

None of this has to do with this pedophile of course, but hey it's on topic.

Mean, evil people. Underhanded. At one point the kids are supposed to have their hair up. By that point I was ready to split. Hair spray was raging around the room and not one of them told me to put the kids hair up. On purpose. Like I gave a flyin?

To be fair though I have friends who wereolder in pageants and got mega loot for scholarships. Of course they were grown. They're not called beauty pageants though.

I gotta go get my wig and lashes.Belinda, throw me an Easter dress wil ya? I wanna be Miss Websleuths 2010!

No offense that there was a pervert loose in Fairborn.

This needs to go on that Worlds Dumbest Criminals show.

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    I did the same thing the night before school pictures in 1st grade. I cut off an entire ponytail and hid it under the bed still wrapped in the rubberband and with the scissors. When my mom freaked out and asked what happened to my hair, I acted like I didn't know what she was talking about! She had to give me a pixie cut before school the next day. I guess if she was a pageant mom, she would have just had a stroke.