NM - Two killed, 4 injured in Emcore shooting, Albuquerque, 12 July 2010

tk71texas

wth is wrong with people today
Reaction score
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - One 37-year-old man shot and killed five individuals as well as injured four others in a mass shooting late Monday morning, according to police.

According to police, the shooter entered the Emcore Corporation building late Monday morning and started to shoot. When police arrived at 9:29 a.m., they found multiple people injured from gunshot wounds. Two people were found dead on the scene preliminarily, four others were found injured. Two of those individuals are in stable condition and two are still in emergency care.

After searching the building more extensively, police allegedly found three more people dead from gunshot wounds as well as a person they believe was the shooter. The shooter had a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to police.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/shooting-suspect-flees-from-police

it's a mean world out there..........

this seems to happen so often its not even that shocking anymore :(
RIP to those who were lost :(

This is about 5 miles from me...and of course, they can't interupt the soaps to report on it...even though at first it was first thought that there was a gunman on the base as it is very close to Kirtland AFB.

So very tragic! Cluciano (sp?), my husband was born and raised in Los Alamos- his family is still there, when I first saw the headline I was afraid it had occurred at the National Lab. Relieved that it wasn't (many of his family work there) but sad for the victims at the Company that were injured or died... just so very sad for everyone!

Prayers for everyone affected by this tragedy and may the souls of the murdered rest in peace forever, in Jesus' Name, amen!

This is about 5 miles from me...and of course, they can't interupt the soaps to report on it...even though at first it was first thought that there was a gunman on the base as it is very close to Kirtland AFB.

I'm also in ABQ - I was shocked to hear of this happening.

The chief of police has updated the death toll to 3 - apparently there was a mis-communication with the hospital. 1 of the dead is the gunman.

Schultz gave this account of the early events:

•9:26 a.m.: 911 callers report a gunman shooting people at Emcore Corp. Building 2 at 1600 Eubank Blvd. SE.

•9:27 a.m.: The first officer arrives on the scene and soon is joined by four more including a sergeant and lieutenant.

•9:29 a.m.: The five officers formed as an "active-shooter response team" enter the building focused on isolating the gunman.

WOW, what an awesome response time. God bless the family members of the victims.

WOW, what an awesome response time. God bless the family members of the victims.

No kidding!!!! That's exactly how it should be handled. I always hated it when police would arrive during an ACTIVE shooting and instead of going inside, would form a perimeter outside while the gunman continued to kill people. Good job to this police department!!!!!!!

Why didn't this guy just kill himself? Why did he have to take all those innocent people with him? :furious:
I guess this sounds redundant...every time something like this happens I wonder the same thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back