714 users online (103 members and 611 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man At Mall Busted With Camera In Bag Taking Photos Of Girls

Michael Stankus should shop elsewhere or do some homework if he wants to perv with the big dogs.

Stankus aged 32 and a father to be was arrested at The Granite Run Mall after an alert security guard caught him videoing up underage girls dresses.

The Philadelphia man had a camera manipulated in a GAP bag as he proceeded to get his creep on. One huge problem? The GAP in Granite Run had closed a long time ago.

Good lookout on the security guards part.

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article...icleid/4299450

Myspace

His Facebook has been taken down but his Myspace speaks volumes.

Why in this world would you take your own picture in the bathroom of The Union League and why was he in The Union League?

http://www.myspace.com/redhorserun

Filly--We've had a problem this summer with a guy photographing little girls in the fitting rooms of the Goodwill Store in Ashland. All the girls see is a male hand with a camera coming up from the bottom of the door. I honestly cannot wrap my mind around how bold you'd have to be to do this. The girls have all been in the 10-12 year range and by the time they've alerted their parent, the guy's gone. Poor little things are probably embarrassed and scared. Another reason for parents to stand by the dressing room or toilet stall door.

Several of my family members, both male and female have discussed setting up a sting. Being that many of us are of different ethnicities, it might work.

I agree, that photo is creeeepy!! Maybe little girls are not all he films as that's a mens' restroom. Yikes.

And WTH is he doing in the first photo on MS--the one where he says he's high? Great to know that he's taking the adorable nephew shopping. Hopefully, this little guy's parents are a little wiser now. That's so sad as I'm always begging my 20 something kids to pay attention to their nieces and nephews. Shame on Mr. Stankus. Many uncles are great. Mine sure were. But they didn't fall all over themselves to take me shopping, though. I guess that's the tip-off.
    Last edited by Missizzy; 07-12-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Filly--We've had a problem this summer with a guy photographing little girls in the fitting rooms of the Goodwill Store in Ashland. All the girls see is a male hand with a camera coming up from the bottom of the door. I honestly cannot wrap my mind around how bold you'd have to be to do this. The girls have all been in the 10-12 year range and by the time they've alerted their parent, the guy's gone. Poor little things are probably embarrassed and scared. Another reason for parents to stand by the dressing room or toilet stall door.

Several of my family members, both male and female have discussed setting up a sting. Being that many of us are of different ethnicities, it might work.

I agree, that photo is creeeepy!! Maybe little girls are not all he films as that's a mens' restroom. Yikes.

And WTH is he doing in the first photo on MS--the one where he says he's high? Great to know that he's taking the adorable nephew shopping. Hopefully, this little guy's parents are a little wiser now. That's so sad as I'm always begging my 20 something kids to pay attention to their nieces and nephews. Shame on Mr. Stankus. Many uncles are great. Mine sure were. But they didn't fall all over themselves to take me shopping, though. I guess that's the tip-off.
    They're everywhere. Everywhere. I tell ya Izzy if I was in on your family sting no doubt plenty of cameras and hands would be hurt. That's an idea though.

The irony is he's in The Union League. That is a huge deal. It's one of our cities jewels. They just started allowing women to join not too long ago. It dates back to the 1800's and has something to do with Abe Lincoln. Prestige and all that. Again I paid no mind to history in school.

What a better way to film kids than to borrow a nephew? I didn't even think of that. Creeper. He's probably already out. It may be just me but I think the family has a few bucks. Maybe.

Can't go no place anymore without worrying. The Goodwill? I love thrift shopping. Haven't been in ages. In fact our local doesn't have a dressing room. That could be why!

I did some reading and you're right (not that I'd ever doubt Filly!!), The Union League is a big deal. I still wonder why he's hanging out in the restroom with the camera at the ready. Maybe he had the cute little nephew with him and other kids present wouldn't worry about him as much. Or is this somewhere that children wouldn't be? Did you notice on his MS photos that he appears in one on a stage as a musician (guitar)?

You know, Adnoid, I have to think that there's a huge thrill element in this. There's so much risk involved. What if the girl's parent happened to see? What if the girl was a fireball and came slamming out of that dressing room (we can hope)? I know he probably scoped it out but there's still risk. And yeah, there's the whole issue of it being tremendously sick.

We'd never do this but we've sure talked about it. I have an 8 year old granddaughter who is Asian, my husband is white and several of our adult sons are black. Man, we could set up a sting. If the Ashland Police reads this, I'm just kidding. They'd know in a heartbeat who wrote this.

As my husband pointed out, one sure doesn't want to be a guy who drops his cell phone near a lady's or girl's dressing room. You'd need to call the manager to retrieve it. My husband shops with our two girls (15 and 22) and has to help them quite a bit due to their physical disabilities. He's never had any problems but I don't think he'd be offended if someone said something. I think he comes across very much as a "dad", even though they don't look like him.