The accusation that TH tried to abduct the baby

mrsu

Reaction score
What about this part of the article:

Gym worker: Terri tried to "abduct" K (daughter)

In addition, the court filing stated that a clerk at a gym frequented by the Horman's said Terri came there on about June 28, before the restraining order was in place, and tried to “abduct” K Harmon, in the words of the gym worker. Terri reportedly asked specifically when Kaine was there working out and to let her know the next time he appeared. The clerk told the manager what happened and the manager then contacted police.

Well, your quote says that it happened "before the restraining order was in place"

If I was Kaine I would worry though.

Well, your quote says that it happened "before the restraining order was in place"

If I was Kaine I would worry though.

BBM

That was Monday after the Saturday when Kaine took Baby K and Terri called the police about a custody issue. He got the RO that Monday, but the gym episode probably happened before Terri got the RO served on her.

Could you please edit the link in the opening post? It'll be confusing after a while when it's not fresh anymore.

This is the same day TH gave reporters a "thumbs up" saying everything was fine, and KH did not move out, only to be served 2 hours later (June 28). But KH and Baby were gone June 26th. I am thinking she hadn't seen either of them since the 26th and was beginning to get antsy that something was going on, even if she had a game face for reporters. Hence calling the gym.

I remember this day well, it was the day my head exploded every 5 minutes as more info was finally released.

That said, it's my understanding she had not seen the RO at this point, correct? I am sorry this is a repeat question.....I am confused again.

I think the importance of the attempted pick up from the gym is just to show the court that she has the potential to retrieve the baby from a public place while the baby is on Kaine's watch and she has tried to do so in the past. If there was nothing clandestine about picking up the baby at the gym, why would she ask the clerk to let her know when Kaine was there? Why wouldn't she just ask him herself (before the RO of course) The answer is because she didn't want Kaine to know she was picking up the child,imo and that is pretty germane to an RO.
This right here is the all important phrase,imo:
>Terri reportedly asked specifically when Kaine was there working out and to let her know the next time he appeared. <<

This is much ado about nothing.

If she didn't have the R.O. served on her yet then she wasn't in contempt of anything legal. Her going to the gym to retrieve her daughter may have made KH very angry, and may have concerned the gym staff and mgmt (as well as LE), but it had nothing to do with violating the R.O. since the R.O. hadn't yet been served.

I think the 'attempted abduction' statement is overblown. However, it points to her sneaky behaviour. If she wanted her daughter back and felt within her rights, call LE & a lawyer.

This latest news illuminates for me the kind of person she is. Kaine should've asked for his address to be blocked on that RO - IMO he & baby K. have narrowly averted another tragedy.

I wonder why it would get to the stage of being written up in court documents by his atty. if it wasn't really a violation of the RO (yet), or even against any laws. After all, TH is baby K's biological parent. Would his lawyer have told him it's a waste of time and money? Or was there something illegal about it?

(I'm not sure which thread to ask this in, forgive me.) Why did MC take a picture of the RO? What for if he already read it and had it sitting in front of him?

(I'm not sure which thread to ask this in, forgive me.) Why did MC take a picture of the RO? What for if he already read it and had it sitting in front of him?

he admitted that he shared information contained in the docs with at least 2 people.

he admitted that he shared information contained in the docs with at least 2 people.
So, if it shows up in full or part in the NE we shouldn't be surprised? Sure hope he didn't sell it. Just thinking aloud.

So, if it shows up in full or part in the NE we shouldn't be surprised? Sure hope he didn't sell it. Just thinking aloud.

Given that at the time the document was photographed (but now has subsequently been released) during a time when it was court ordered to be sealed, could anyone with a copy of the RO be in legal trouble, as well? Or does this go onto Terri as a residual effect of her violation of the RO by showing it first to MC?

I disagree that this is nothing-I think it shows specifically that her intention was to go get the child. Prior to the order being served, possession is the law.
JBean said it well-she did not call Kaine and say I will meet you at the gym, I want the baby. SHE did not go to the courthouse and say OMG, my husband and child are missing...I want my baby.

It was a sneak attack IMO.

You almost cant pick it apart-you have to look at it as a whole...she provided the address of the secure, sealed location of her husband and child to a third party. He google searched where it was an how to get there.

I know people who have been in similar shoes as Kaine in this scenario and it is very very concerning. He thinks his life is in danger, that his son was taken at the behest of this woman, and she clearly does not follow the rules.

I disagree that this is nothing

It's nothing because of the title of this thread. The answer to the question posed in the title is "No." According to what was posted, if that is true, she tried to get the daughter but the R.O. had not YET been served. This is an important legal distinction.

i changed the title, but we are also getting OT by discussing the revelation of the document to Cook.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109176"]Contempt of Court :Revealing Sealed Docs - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back