Contempt of Court :Revealing Sealed Docs

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
There are several issues with the document filed today and this is the basis for the contempt of court.
Let's try and discuss the fact that Terri revealed the docs to Mike Cook here and the potential ramifications.
I wonder who Mike shared the information with? Certainly he knewthis was highly sensitive information.

Kaine Horman's attorney asked a judge to hold Terri Moulton Horman in contempt of court for showing a then-sealed restraining order to Michael Cook.
The filing alleges that Terri took the restraining order to Cook's home, where she showed him the document and allowed him to take cell phone photos of the document, which included Kaine's new address. The filing also states that a police search of Cook's phone found that Cook had done a Google search to map the new address.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Court...n-kyron-horman-contempt-sexting-98270654.html

http://www.kptv.com/download/2010/0712/24229769.pdf

A reporter in a video about this report stated that Mr. Cook has decided he needs to retain his own lawyer now that he has found himself in the middle of this high profile case.

I agree. He could find himself with legal problems of his own if the information that is put forth is correct. JMHO.

There are several issues with the document filed today and this is the basis for the contempt of court.
Let's try and discuss the fact that Terri revealed the docs to Mike Cook here and the potential ramifications.
I wonder who Mike shared the information with? Certainly he knewthis was highly sensitive information.

And it is apparently two people. Goodness what a mess.

I thought KH's new address was not going to be disclosed to TH, for his own protection.

I must be wrong, right?

What if, in Terri's zeal to get to MC's house, she brought the newly delivered documents with her. What if, while she's in the powder room, MC decides to take a peek, and because she's not gonna be in there long, takes pictures to review later?

I'm only posing this as an alternative to the immediate response that Terri had to have shown him the documents. Just to keep possibilities open, I guess.

I thought KH's new address was not going to be disclosed to TH, for his own protection.

I must be wrong, right?

In my own experience, when I had to file a RO in Oregon due to domestic abuse, I had to list my home address- an address he did not know about since I was in hiding. I was told the reason was because the respondent needed to be informed of every place they need to stay away from. Strange isn't it? It's such a scary feeling...

Debs Mr. Cook stated in his interviews with LE that the respondent (Terri Horman) made the RO available to him to read and in fact pointed out to him particular sections that were of interest to the respondent.

It goes on to state that he told 2 other people and that the respondent allowed Mr. Cook to take cell phone pictures of the document.

A reporter in a video about this report stated that Mr. Cook has decided he needs to retain his own lawyer now that he has found himself in the middle of this high profile case.

I agree. He could find himself with legal problems of his own if the information that is put forth is correct. JMHO.

He did not find himself there, he put himself right smack in the middle all on his own.
you bet he needs a lawyer LOL.

I don't think how or if he saw the docs is in question. seems Cook told them plenty, including he was asked to lie to the attorney by Terri.

Here’s a question.. if Kaine and baby K were at an undisclosed address (on a SEALED document), then why does Terri’s copy of the RO have that address on it? I smell a rat (set up) and it really stinks.
The timeline of the served document comes into question as well.

Did MC go to LE or did they call him in for questioning and do a LDT on him too??? Unless they have proof of her using the cell phone at the time of allegedly showing him the RO and sexting then it is another he said/she said until it is proven a fact and not hearsay. IMO

LOL let's not forget the foundation for the RO is a murder for hire plot. I mean it doesn't look to good when the accused is passing sensitive information like where Kaine is located to the person you are sexting with.
What was Cook thinking?

He did not find himself there, he put himself right smack in the middle all on his own.
you bet he needs a lawyer LOL.

I don't think how how saw the docs is in question. seems Cook told them plenty, including he was asked to lie to the attorney by Terri.

No kidding on the he's in trouble JBean :) I think I worded that too carefully huh? :wink:

I wonder if she texted him to ask him to lie? Hooboy. Just curious.

Here’s a question.. if Kaine and baby K were at an undisclosed address (on a SEALED document), then why does Terri’s copy of the RO have that address on it? I smell a rat (set up) and it really stinks.

Did MC go to LE or did they call him in for questioning and do a LDT on him too??? Unless they have proof of her using the cell phone at the time of allegedly showing him the RO and sexting then it is another he said/she said until it is proven a fact and not hearsay. IMO

This is being discussed on another thread. I'll go see if I can find you the post.

IIRC a member here has had to take out RO's before and her address was listed because the other person had to know the address in order to stay away from it.

Man.... If I sleep I miss everything! Who the heck is MC and his r/ship to TH?
TIA

ETA: Never mind. I thought the link was a d/load pdf which I didn't have the time or patience for. I read the article and I get it now.

http://www.kptv.com/download/2010/0712/24229769.pdf

I suppose that both Mr. Cook and the landscaper could be in cahoots to make Terri look bad, but not very likely.

Debs Mr. Cook stated in his interviews with LE that the respondent (Terri Horman) made the RO available to him to read and in fact pointed out to him particular sections that were of interest to the respondent.

It goes on to state that he told 2 other people and that the respondent allowed Mr. Cook to take cell phone pictures of the document.

Yeah, grand....... I get that. I guess I was just looking at this through the eyes of my children/grandchild (or even the main squeeze at times) who've always found a way to blame the other guy in a way which exonerates their actions ...... I guess we used to call it the "What? ME?!?! What about what THEY did????" syndrome around here.

Not only that an interesting part of this filing states that the attorney for Kaine Horman has copies of the sexts , pictures and documents and requests that the judge review them in camera.

So LE has given copies of everything to Kaine's attorney. That is pretty powerful evidence.

I find it odd about the address as well, RO's here in Colorado give you the option to not put the address if you are in fear of the person, and the Judge does the final decesion...

If TH understood that her actions would cause the press to jump all over every detail contained in the RO, would she have made this mistake? I don't think so. I wonder if she thought she'd get sympathy, because the charges were just. so. outrageous. And she trusted this man so completely-- Why?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back