1400 users online (271 members and 1129 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can a Toddler shed any light?

I am wondering if there is anyone else questioning the following things:

-If Baby K was indeed with TH June 4th, is there any possibility that an 18 month old could have remembered anything?

-Has a child psychologist questioned Baby K?

-Are there any other cases where this sort of anaylsis has come into play?

-What sort of time frame is necessary in this type of questioning (would it be possible to somehow bring Baby K back to that day, or just generally speaking to her, obtain a clue as to Kyron's whereabouts?)

Without sleuthing Baby K in anyway, does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this type of child psychology?

Thanks for bringing that up; I've thought the same thing.

Im not a psychologist. I am a mother of 4 and I doubt Baby K will be much help. JMO

I'd love to hear professional opinions though. Great questions

ETA~ my own opinion is that she may not be very vocal yet. I noticed one pic of her with a pacifier. My own children were not very vocal until their binky's were taken away. I know this can be a topic of hot debate between Moms so Im not suggesting the pacifier is a bad thing, just that she is still in the sucking stage and not quite gotten in the very verbal stage yet. She may babble and even be able to put words together but Im not sure she can express what detectives need to hear. Im thinking shes more into the phase of saying "juice, ball, cup, Ky, kitty"
    If she were older I would think maybe she could say "Ky fall down, Ky went swimming, Ky go bye bye with him"
    Last edited by 4BB; 07-13-2010 at 10:43 AM.

I responded to similar on another thread somewhere, based solely on the fact that my son is exactly to the day the same age as Baby K.

I suppose that it may be possible that she could have seen something, but as far as being able to express that something, I don't personally think so.

My son has quite a few words, but they are words focused around his everyday life, like mama, dada, truck, apple, book, cat, etc. For the 1st time this past week, he uttered a 2 word phrase "more cake", when we were at a birthday party. So even if he saw a violent crime occur, he would likely not know how to express that, since it is not a part of his everyday life.

If Baby K were to have witnessed anything, unless it was extremely violent, she likely would not recognize that it was something negative. Also, I would think/hope that TMH would not have exposed her to something like that. Hopefully, she was sleeping in her car seat or facing the opposite direction in her car seat, so as that she would not have been able to see anything.

BTW, Happy 20M Birthday (yesterday), Baby K!

My sister was speaking in sentences at 18months. I guess it depends on the child. They could show her pictures or drive her around to see if she points and says Kyron, but I doubt at that age. I remember baby Blake in the Jessie Davis case, but he was 2 1/2. He said mommy in rug and daddy mad. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333153,00.html

I don't think baby K being only 19 months old could offer up any information as to what happened..

Right now all I want to hear is Kyron has been found...And hopefully, ALIVE......JMO

cakegirl0905 is offline Me and My Gas Can. It is a part of me, and I am a part of it. :p
    I don't think she could help. Unless it was exceptionally violent, I'm not sure she would even have realized anything was amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by LMax View Post
    My sister was speaking in sentences at 18months. I guess it depends on the child. They could show her pictures or drive her around to see if she points and says Kyron, but I doubt at that age. I remember baby Blake in the Jessie Davis case, but he was 2 1/2. He said mommy in rug and daddy mad. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333153,00.html
    I agree.

My dd who is highly gifted was a full fledged talker by 18 months with complete sentences. She had great memory also. She also had a pacifer in her mouth constantly at this age. Now, my son would probably not have been able to convey much at that age even though he is very observant.

So, without knowing what K verbal skills are there is no way for us too know.

I can't recall how old "JR" was in the Haleigh Cummings case when Haleigh disappeared? His mom said he saw a man in black that night. In Haleigh's forum, it has been discussed for over a year now and nothing much has come of it.

I have to wonder if maybe baby K came up with a blurb like that in this case that might help a wee bit?

I doubt it. 19 months is too young to comprehend a lot. And, don't forget if someone tells a child something happened, (especially repeatedly) even if it did not, a speaking child will repeat it as if it is true. Even if the child is oh, let's say up to 10 years old. But 19 months, nah, not enough words or cognitive ability.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I can't recall how old "JR" was in the Haleigh Cummings case when Haleigh disappeared? His mom said he saw a man in black that night. In Haleigh's forum, it has been discussed for over a year now and nothing much has come of it.

I have to wonder if maybe baby K came up with a blurb like that in this case that might help a wee bit?
    Jr was 3 at the time I believe
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

FWIW, I have cared for 3 children who were eyewitnesses to murder. Ages of children were 5,2, and 11 months. None of them were able to provide any kind of assistance to LE, and nether did they act out the murders in play.
    All JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post

I think Jr was 3 or 4 at the time which is quite a bit older than Baby k.

jmo

As some others have said, it all depends on the child. Of my 4 children, only 1 could speak in short sentences by 18 months. He had a great vocabulary and tried to converse with others. He had an exceptional understanding of things going on around him and could remember things that happened a few days before. The other 3 mostly knew simple words, or two-word combinations....like "want cookie," or "big dog." Their concept and memory skills were still in early development stages.

Quote Originally Posted by PoppyH View Post
    Jr was 3 at the time I believe
    I couldn't remember. That makes it even more less likely she could describe a thing since he didn't have much to contribute at his age.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast