1183 users online (188 members and 995 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    When I click on the link, it takes me to the correct folder, but when I click on a file name it prompts me to sign in. I don't know if you have to have a google sign-in to access it. I'm hoping someone with some Google experience will help us out here.

Apparently you must have a Google sign-on to view the Google links I have posted. If you don't or don't want to get one, I have left them also on DocStoc. The Google view is much, much better as you can view the database without it being broken up. It is able to accommodate the very large width of the database.
    Last edited by Belinda; 07-18-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Bumping in case anyone still wants to see it. Please be aware that to use the Google docs links above, you must have a Google sign-on. It's easy to get and is by far the better way to view the database.

If you don't have a Google sign-on and don't wish to get one, you can still view the database in DocStoc. Just PM me for the sign-on information. DocStoc breaks the database up, though, so you can't see one case continuously across the page, but you can still get an idea. I will update the DocStoc pages this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    Bumping in case anyone still wants to see it. Please be aware that to use the Google docs links above, you must have a Google sign-on. It's easy to get and is by far the better way to view the database.

If you don't have a Google sign-on and don't wish to get one, you can still view the database in DocStoc. Just PM me for the sign-on information. DocStoc breaks the database up, though, so you can't see one case continuously across the page, but you can still get an idea. I will update the DocStoc pages this morning.
    Gonna keep on Bumpin.

Thank you.

I can't believe that I just now found this thread. I need to pay more attention when I'm making the rounds!

Belinda, thank you very much for sharing this great work of yours! I am in awe of your dedication to the task and of your organizational skills! I believe that this must be one of your God-given gifts, and He has blessed you well!

I agree with Missizzy's suggestion that this needs a more permanent and easily accessible link, so it doesn't get lost in the stack.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    I can't believe that I just now found this thread. I need to pay more attention when I'm making the rounds!

Belinda, thank you very much for sharing this great work of yours! I am in awe of your dedication to the task and of you organizational skills! I believe that this must be one of your God-given gifts, and He has blessed you well!
    Thanks so much. I have rarely been so dedicated (read obsessed) to a task. It's the only way I can think of to fight back against all of the injustice we see. Now we can all see what is going on and where and hopefully that will be helpful at some point.

We are making this thread a sticky, so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Let me know if there are any questions.

Salem

Belinda - thank you so much! You are a Godsend!

WOW, Belinda. Just wow. Fascinating! Thank you for all your hard work.

Your Attention Please - Belinda has now compiled approx. 500 cases from across the US - the cases were taken from information here on WS - cases that many were interested in. Now that she has such a huge database, I'm wondering how we can use the information to our advantage? Believe had some ideas, including: For WSer research; tracking physician sex abuse; tracking sentencing.

I'm adding: tracking a Judge's sentencing patterns; tracking a State's sentencing patterns; tracking CPS involvement; tracking children that 'fall through the cracks'.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For example - I can use the CPS info for lobbying for CASA funds and for lobbying for the National CASA organization. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I will

This is really important information, in a usable format and for anyone that is politically inclined - it can help us do so much good.

Salem
    Last edited by Salem; 08-07-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typo

Here are new links. Can someone tell me if they work? Thanks.

For now, we are removing the links and reviewing the advisability of public access. If you would like access, please contact Belinda for the links.

Databases:

Perp Sheets:

Last edited by Salem; 08-08-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: remove links and add comment

Here is another link that just goes to the main database. If the other ones don't work, try this.

For now, we are removing the links and reviewing the advisability of public access. If you would like access, please contact Belinda for the links.

Last edited by Salem; 08-08-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: remove link and add comment

Hi Everyone -

We removed the links as we had some concerns about the data being totally public. However WS members are still welcome to access the database. If you would like access, please PM me with your google sign-on (not password) and I can add you individually. I will then add you and PM you with the links to the data. Sorry to make things so difficult, but there are several issues we need to look at before making it public again.

Belinda

Is this database still available for the members? I'm curious because I haven't received my log-on yet and have asked twice.

Belinda is in charge of the databases. They are very interesting. You will need to send her a pm to see if she is still working on them.

HTH,

Salem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast