Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    He said there were two people in the SUV, but he didn't get a good look at them.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

The RCMP now suspect foul play in the disappearance of a missing couple from St. Albert.

"There is foul play involved in here some how. There is criminal act already. Burning a motorhome is a criminal act in itself -- you put that together with the missing persons there something with foul play happening here," said Sgt. Patrick Webb with the RCMP.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=EdmontonHome
    Last edited by Wondergirl; 07-16-2010 at 10:14 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    While I realize this will likely be going against the grain of popular opinion on this case (robbery scenario), I, personally, think it is either Mr. or Mrs. McCann driving their car "slowly" around Prince George, and meandering the highways, "unaware" that LE is even looking for him/them. I am implying/speculating some sort of state of delusion here, and it purely speculation on my part.

This could explain why LE is sending plainclothes officers to search for the vehicle (the fact that Mr. and/or Mrs. McCann are unaware LE is looking for them).

Why would a thief be driving the McCann's vehicle "slowly" around town?

Also, I have seen discrepancies on the last reported use of the credit card. One news outlet says July 3rd at the Gas Station in St.Albert, another says July 5th. Which is it?

I hope that the McCann's are safe. I just have this feeling like things are not as they appear.
    I sincerely hope this is the case, but then I have to wonder why didn't they show up at their daughter's like they were supposed to? Why didn't they call her at least? Something is missing here. JMO.
    Our memories shape us, providing a backdrop for our daily lives, a context for our actions, a rationale for our sometimes dubious decisions. Who we are today is inextricably woven through with memories of who we were yesterday, and the days before that.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nettie_82 For This Useful Post:

"Officers do not currently have any suspects in the burning of the RV. The family is certain the couple would have never come to the campground where their motorhome was found.

The road leading to the campsite is pitted with deep pot holes."

If the family doesn't think they would have stopped at this campground...I also believe that.
    Our memories shape us, providing a backdrop for our daily lives, a context for our actions, a rationale for our sometimes dubious decisions. Who we are today is inextricably woven through with memories of who we were yesterday, and the days before that.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nettie_82 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nettie_82 View Post
    I sincerely hope this is the case, but then I have to wonder why didn't they show up at their daughter's like they were supposed to? Why didn't they call her at least? Something is missing here. JMO.
    Just to add to this as well:

Bret McCann says a calendar inside the couple's home outlined where they wanted to stop along their trip.

"They had noted on the Monday and Tuesday they had planned to be in Kelowna."
    http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=EdmontonHome

If they were to be in Kelowna on the Monday and Tuesday, that would be the 5th and 6th. On the 8th is when the SUV was spotted in Prince George, and in the complete opposite direction they were to be going.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nettie_82 For This Useful Post:

Here are a few bits of info from an article, I have not seen discussed.

If "someone" was close enough to the Motorhome to pull the registration out (and FIND it), prior to it being destroyed, they were there very quickly. Whoever set the fire must have been very close by at that time, so surely somebody must have seen the Hyundai leaving???

Two days later, on July 5, a driver saw smoke rising above the trees near the Minnow Lake campground southeast of Edson, Alta. When fire crews arrived, they found a motorhome engulfed in flames.

Someone pulled the registration out of the motorhome before it was destroyed by fire and the documents showed that the McCanns were the owners. Police said earlier this week there was no indication the couple stayed at the Millow Lake campground.

But a campground manager said Wednesday the RV found burned nearby had been parked inside the campground hours before it was discovered ablaze.

http://www.globalregina.com/Missing+...482/story.html

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

RCMP are reluctant to put a description of the two out, or to broadcast their name, he said, because the pair will know they are "that couple," who spoke with police.
    "We're hoping [they] will contact us wherever they may be."

RCMP are asking the couple in question to contact Constable Jon Cruz at the Serious Crimes Unit in Prince George at 1-250-561-3300, or directly at 1-250-561-3365.

Read more: http://www.abbotsfordtimes.com/sport...#ixzz0tr8i0Fzg

ETA: If LE knows the couples name, they must know family/friends/co-workers for the couple??????? Can't they contact them to find the couple???

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

It is too bad they didn't get a look at who was driving, or who was in the passenger seat.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

What are people's thoughts on how many people are involved in this if there is a crime? I tend to think there was more than 1 person. They would have had to contend with both Lyle and Marie. So as for the sighting in PG, I believe it very well could have been whoever burned the RV and did God knows what to Lyle and Marie.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nettie_82 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nettie_82 View Post
    What are people's thoughts on how many people are involved in this if there is a crime? I tend to think there was more than 1 person. They would have had to contend with both Lyle and Marie. So as for the sighting in PG, I believe it very well could have been whoever burned the RV and did God knows what to Lyle and Marie.
    I think at least two perps are involved. If the perps are driving the car around, not changing plates, after having harmed them, I think they will be younger.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

I totally agree that the perps would be very young and did something for a thrill like steal a huge vehicle and take the other car. They would need the keys from the McCann's and I wonder if someone who was at the gas station did this? Where else would they have stopped with such a gigantic vehicle? The family feels they would not have stopped at that campground because of the bad road with potholes (makes sense). But why drive so slowly? The bank accounts weren't touched either, from what I've read so far.

Question: this mystery couple that LE wants to speak to...are they another couple from the Bjorklund daughter and father?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Question: this mystery couple that LE wants to speak to...are they another couple from the Bjorklund daughter and father?
    I have also been wondering this?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nettie_82 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    I totally agree that the perps would be very young and did something for a thrill like steal a huge vehicle and take the other car. They would need the keys from the McCann's and I wonder if someone who was at the gas station did this? Where else would they have stopped with such a gigantic vehicle? The family feels they would not have stopped at that campground because of the bad road with potholes (makes sense). But why drive so slowly? The bank accounts weren't touched either, from what I've read so far.

bbm

An off/on ramp, a fast food place, a rest stop or a truck stop/ travel centre.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    bbm

An off/on ramp, a fast food place, a rest stop or a truck stop/ travel centre.
    I agree, but on any main highway, these places all full of people and transport trucks, etc. I don't know.....

28. The Following User Says Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

The burning of the RV could be a seperate crime (and perp) than the Hyundai being missing.

For example, while it totally goes against the families description of the McCann's and their habits, Mr. and/or Mrs. McCann could have gone off in the Hyundai, leaving the RV behind.

Perps could have had a joyride with the RV, and then disposed of it by burning it, or accidentally started in on fire after dumping it.

While it may be a stretch, it might be useful to think in terms of 2 seperate things going on here.

People who set the fire might know more, but of course, don't want to be implicated in missing persons case.

Total speculation on my behalf, just trying to think outside the box.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast