Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    Sadly I think he is involved and this is not going to have a happy ending.
    I just keep hoping and praying that there is some kind of survival story and a happy ending for this beautiful couple.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satchel For This Useful Post:

Article: A July 12 acreage fire in Niton Junction that destroyed several vehicles, a log home and four outbuildings is being investigated for any possible link to the McCann's disappearance:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Polic...833/story.html

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tatertot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Article: A July 12 acreage fire in Niton Junction that destroyed several vehicles, a log home and four outbuildings is being investigated for any possible link to the McCann's disappearance:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Polic...833/story.html
    Wow, quite the "history" of fires in which he was suspected of starting them....now the McCann's RV and then this other one.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LayzeeDayzee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LayzeeDayzee View Post
    Wow, quite the "history" of fires in which he was suspected of starting them....now the McCann's RV and then this other one.
    and another

Vader is accused of burning his own property on Dec. 8, 2009, in a manner that threatened someone else or their property.

and yet another

t’s not the first time Vader’s life has been touched by fire. In November 2004, his family’s home in Niton Junction was destroyed, leaving his seven children and their mother, Victoria Vader, homeless.

but that they suspected Travis set the fire. No charges were ever laid.

Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Polic...#ixzz0tz6kpsY7

:

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I was referring to those older ones mentioned in that article.

Pyromaniac?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LayzeeDayzee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by satchel View Post
    I just keep hoping and praying that there is some kind of survival story and a happy ending for this beautiful couple.
    I was hoping the same.
    Best scenerio, tired and dehydrated but basically ok.......
    I do not think so really but we can hope....

I am so sick of these monsters that prey on those who cannot defend themselves as well....

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OkGrace For This Useful Post:

Vader, who grew up in the area around MacKay, Peers and Niton Junction, is well-known to police and has a long criminal record with 12 separate sets of charges dating back to 1995.

He is wanted in connection with at least 17 drug, gun, theft and arson charges stemming from two separate incidents, one near Evansburg in August last year and another in December near Barrhead.

Vader is accused of burning his own property on Dec. 8, 2009, in a manner that threatened someone else or their property.

It’s not the first time Vader’s life has been touched by fire. In November 2004, his family’s home in Niton Junction was destroyed, leaving his seven children and their mother, Victoria Vader, homeless.

Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Polic...#ixzz0tzgdibKJ
    Can someone maybe help clarify bail processes for me here? How does one with a rap sheet as long as Vader has keep getting bail? I don't get it! Does our justice system really not look at a persons past before releasing them back onto the streets?
    Our memories shape us, providing a backdrop for our daily lives, a context for our actions, a rationale for our sometimes dubious decisions. Who we are today is inextricably woven through with memories of who we were yesterday, and the days before that.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nettie_82 For This Useful Post:

Niton Junction is close to home. This truck stop could have great food and the McCann's could possibly have gone here on a regular basis. They could have decided that this was going to be a stopping place to grab a bite on the way through. If someone was also at the truck stop or got chatting with them and expressed that they were needing a ride.....It is possible that the McCann's graciously offered this person a ride and then things progressed from there?? Mr. McCann was a long-haul truck driver. I am sure he has picked up many a hitchhiker in his career....especially at truck stops.

ITA Satchel. I could see this scenario playing out. The service stations at Niton Junction look like a very easy place for a large motorhome to pull over. And, we know who frequents that area.

It's hard to believe that Vader won't be caught soon, particularly if he remains in his old stomping grounds. I'm guessing he's stepped on enough toes over the years that there are a lot of people who would be happy to pass along tips to LE. And, there has been so much publicity surrounding the case that even strangers will be watching out for him.

His only 'safe' place might be northern BC, although you can bet the RCMP will be on the lookout for him, since they don't want to end up red faced again.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snoopster For This Useful Post:

Niton Junction is close to home. This truck stop could have great food and the McCann's could possibly have gone here on a regular basis. They could have decided that this was going to be a stopping place to grab a bite on the way through. If someone was also at the truck stop or got chatting with them and expressed that they were needing a ride.....It is possible that the McCann's graciously offered this person a ride and then things progressed from there?? Mr. McCann was a long-haul truck driver. I am sure he has picked up many a hitchhiker in his career....especially at truck stops.
    IIRC his son said he wouldn't pick up hitch hikers. And being an OTR truck driver, he would know the dangers in that.

Now if they stopped at a truck stop, I have seen some questionable people hanging around them, especially because they are open 24/7.

I think they were taken by surprise or tricked into thinking someone needed help. jmo

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nettie_82 View Post
    Can someone maybe help clarify bail processes for me here? How does one with a rap sheet as long as Vader has keep getting bail? I don't get it! Does our justice system really not look at a persons past before releasing them back onto the streets?
    His own father seems to be asking the same question.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

I suspect a whole lot of fires will now be questioned, like this "crack shack" in PG:

http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?si...ontentId=15479

The date is interesting.

There is a bit of a problem with crack shacks catching fire up that way.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...rackhouse.html

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

nao

RCMP scour area where Alberta couple's SUV found

An RCMP forensics team combed an area west of Edmonton on Saturday where the SUV of a missing Alberta couple was found.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/sto...#ixzz0tzqYjrhR

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Considering it was a man doing work on his property that found the car I hope others are checking their property out. As horrible as this is people should take notice of flocks of predatory birds.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...megadrop_story

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

If he's in the area, and he grew up there, I think it would be reasonable to believe he's got some pals who are helping him hide out and if these friends are of the same ilk as him, I doubt they'll be dropping a dime on him.

If he left the SUV in the woods where it was found, did he leave that area on foot or did someone pick him up?

So many questions that only LE know, like:

1. Has the lake been checked?
    2. Any evidence that there was a getaway vehicle around where the SUV was found?
    3. Has it been determined yet, the cause of the RV burning and where did the fire start in the RV?
    4. What kind of forensic evidence was found in the SUV?
    5. Have LE interviewed known associates of the POI?
    6. Has it been confirmed why the Minnow Lake Campground employee(s) knocked on the RV door? Did they hear a disturbance? Was it to collect the registration?
    7. What time did the RV arrive at the campground and did other campers see anything/anyone?
    8. Have employees at the St Albert Superstore Gas Bar been questioned about whether they saw the POI?
    9. Have employees at any of the local truck stops been questioned?

So many questions, not any answers though it's understandable if LE can't release much info at this time.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LayzeeDayzee For This Useful Post:

Residents fearful as police probe McCann case
    Updated: Sat Jul. 17 2010 18:15:32
    ctvedmonton.ca

Some area residents believe they saw Travis Vader at this bar in Nojack earlier this week.
    Some residents, who don't want their identities revealed, believe he may still be in the area around Niton Junction.

"A lot of people think he is around here," a man told CTV News. "He knows the area. He's comfortable. He's got friends."
    Some residents of the Niton Junction area say they saw Vader at a bar in Nojack, near the location where the McCann's SUV was found late yesterday afternoon and close to where the couple's burnt-out motor home was found earlier this week.
    RS&BBM
    More at link: http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=EdmontonHome
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast