MT MT - Jason Reynolds, 17, Billings, 1 Jun 1993

marysawol

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hello Everyone, On Sunday I came across a Jason Donald Reynolds missing from Montana on May 1, 1993. I actually saw the name on Jason Doe's facebook page and decided to pursue it.

Jason Donald Reynolds was 5'8" 120 lbs. I surmised that he could have gained approximately 30 - 40 lbs in two years (I did it in less, ugh). He has brown hair and hazel eyes. While our Jason Doe is listed as having brown eyes, there's been many times hazel has been mistaken for brown.

I left a message for a Lt Ron Wilson on Monday. He called me this morning. He had never heard of our guy Jason Doe. I explained the entire case history to him. While on the phone I directed him to doenetwork.org and prepared him for the photo by telling him our guy Jason had been in an accident, went thru the windshield and hit face first in a pine tree. Therefore, his sketch is very approximate.

He opened up the link and kind of gasped and said he kind of looked like his Jason Reynolds. He then began reading the information and was making comments here and there. He stated his Jason had his left ear pierced as well.

He said he was going to call the phone number listed on our guy Jason Doe page and promised to get with me. As well as, keep me informed on what's going with the investigation. He has his Jason's dental records and was going to send them to the Virginia Investigating Agency in charge of our guy Jason Doe.

Here is Jason Donald Reynolds information:

http://www.doj.mt.gov/enforcement/missingpersons/searchdetail.aspx?RecordKey=2275

Jason Donald Reynolds was actually posted here on WS in 2008.

Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male died 26 June 1995 in Virginia - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Go to post #378. But, I don't think anyone followed thru with it. Lt Wilson stated I was the first to call him to inquire about Jason Reynolds.

I just got off the phone with him. He called the Medical Examiners Office and for some reason the ME doesn't accept out of state calls??? So he called the Sheriffs Office and waiting for a call back.

He stated he's going to have his Jason's photo scanned and promised to send to me in the next 24 hours.

RK and I have been speaking and doing our own little investigation thru pm's for the past couple days. We are hopeful!

That's all I have for now. I'll do my best to keep you posted.

Mary

Bravo to you Mary for taking charge at getting all that done! Here's hoping that you've found our Jason Doe's identity. I also appreciate how helpful Lt. Wilson has been in working with you. It is strange that the ME won't accept out of state calls? Couldn't the Lt. FAX the information to them? That just seems strange they won't take calls from other LE. Please do keep us informed. Please, please, let this be the one!

Ok, Lt Wilson sent me the original missing poster of Jason Donald Reynolds. It's of poor quality, but, I'm certain the clarity can be fixed. Who has a good program on their computer to remedy this? Thanks in advance!

Mary

Mary - if you want to post it here, I can try printing it out and maybe rescanning it? Not sure if that will work. I don't have photoshop or anything so it may not be of much help.

Thank you and RK both! This sounds positive! Saying prayers and crossing my fingers!

Salem

ETA: I changed the header to "Submitted" so that we will be alerted to watch for updates.

Thanks Salem. RKnowley will be posting the poster, as well as my version of it lightened up. She and her husband tried to fix the poster, but, it's almost impossible to fix the clarity. To me (and RK too), his nose and chin is nearly identical. As well as, it appears as if he has perfect teeth.

Some pics- Keep in mind that this pic came from a terrible scanned missing persons poster. Look at his teeth, look at his nose....

This one is the scan that LE sent to Marysawol:

jason_reynolds_enlarged.jpg

This one is a lightened version of the photo:

jasonreynolds3.jpg

Still working on coming up with another version of the picture. If anyone has other photo software that may be able to pull more details out of the photo, your help would be much appreciated.

Mary, did you want the whole poster posted? If you do, I certainly will

Thanks Salem. RKnowley will be posting the poster, as well as my version of it lightened up. She and her husband tried to fix the poster, but, it's almost impossible to fix the clarity. To me (and RK too), his nose and chin is nearly identical. As well as, it appears as if he has perfect teeth.

We need to get CarlK90245 over here on this thread! He is great at fixing pictures up! I don't know if there is much he can do with this picture, but it's worth a shot to ask him! I'll send him a message.

There isn't much that I can do with a photo that is almost entirely solid Black and solid White. Brightening or changing contrast is of absolutely no help when there are no mid-tones.

There isn't much that I can do with a photo that is almost entirely solid Black and solid White. Brightening or changing contrast is of absolutely no help when there are no mid-tones.

There is a way to reverse the light and dark areas, sort of like a photo shop negative I assume, but I have no idea how to do that. It would leave some dark areas still, but MIGHT make the facial profile more visible.

jmo

I realize the photo's are dark, but, does anyone see any resemblance? Can you see the outline of his nose? Chin? Or the fact that it looks like he has perfect teeth?

Not only that, but, if you look really close I think you can see that he has a pierced left ear AND I think he is wearing a macrame necklace and a beaded one on also ;-D Sorry, been waiting for answers for too long today.

I realize the photo's are dark, but, does anyone see any resemblance? Can you see the outline of his nose? Chin? Or the fact that it looks like he has perfect teeth?

Not only that, but, if you look really close I think you can see that he has a pierced left ear AND I think he is wearing a macrame necklace and a beaded one on also ;-D Sorry, been waiting for answers for too long today.

Way too long! Tomorrow is another day RK. Enjoy your evening!

Mary,
Is there a way the detective could actually mail you the poster or a pic of Jason? Then maybe you could take a picture of the poster and upload it that way? I hope I'm making sense!

Does the detective have a color copy of the poster or is his in black and white as well? TIA

There is a Jason Reynolds listing on Classmates.com for Billings High School from 1988-1992. I don't know anything about using that site, does that mean anything at all, did someone register under that name, or does a class list go up automatically, or can someone register looking for them????

Someone has registered on Classmates.com as Jason Reynolds, graduating in 1992 from Billings Senior High School in Billings, MT. Could be someone looking for him, but someone registered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back