Defense finds something new in old evidence?

Aedrys

If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
Reaction score
According to WFTV, Jose Baez is saying the defense experts found something new in the evidence they are looking at. Hmmm. Here's a snip from the article:

The defense claims they've made some discoveries.

“There's things you see that you can't see in pictures, that you can’t see in pictures that you see in person,” Baez said.

The defense won't tell WFTV what they've found that they didn't know before or the extent of their discoveries. They do not want WFTV to know exactly what they're looking at, even though the sheriff's office is videotaping and that tape will eventually be released.

How it can be possible for them find something new after all of this time, especially with the questionable Dr. Lee there? I'm thinking Baez is just saying that to make it look like they've found something. I don't think there's any way that all of a sudden new evidence can show up on the same evidence LE has already scoured.

What do you guys think? And what possibly could they have found?

If there really is new evidence, I wonder if Dr. Lee put it there? (I couldn't resist):biggrin:

Aedrey, your instincts are correct. The defense needed something to get Cheney Mason is a jerk news cycle bumped. So they come up with this evasive silly claim. You know b s when you hear it. They want Nancy Grace, et al to lead with Defense finds something new rather than Defense Lawyer Cheney Mason called a reporter a jackass.

The only reason anything could be new to them, which oddly they do not realize everyone is aware of, is because for two years the evidence has sat there, and the defense while squandering two hundred , seventy five thousand dollars, never brought the experts to inspect it.

Mrs. Drane-Burdick let Judge Perry know in the last hearing that
a) The State had offered, many times to send the evidence to the defense experts they would designate and
b) The State had offered , many times to allow for the defense experts to come to look at the evidence

In the words of Mrs. Drane-Burdick, "The court should deny the motion without even entertaining arguments on it." That is what I fully expect the judge to do.

EMERGENCY MOTIONS HEARING
PART 1 24 minute mark Mrs. Drane Burdick lets the court know that they have offered to send or have defense experts come to view the evidence
http://www.wftv.com/video/24124701/in...

For part of 2008 all of 2009 and six months into 2010 the defense has turned down these offers.

I'll say they found something new. All of it is new to them. You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!

I hadn't considered that, TWA. Good point. I just figured Baez was blowing hot air out his *advertiser censored** again. Like with the "Casey is innocent, you'll see it in court" phrase he kept saying over and over again. Puhleese.

I know from watching forensics shows that sometimes new evidence is found. But I just don't think that's the case here. It's an insult to LE to say that something new was found. Whatever, Baez. Keep telling yourself that to sleep at night.

Cough cough cough hack hack hack.... Ahem Ahem

Oh......sorry...had to clear my throat. That huge smokescreen (aka the bad press deflective device) that the defense lobbed was a bit thick. Had to catch my breath.

Maybe HL found a fingernail???????

I am going to DIE if it's a fingernail - OMG!

Seriously...I keep wanting to say the defense wouldn't do that, but I can see their faces like what? why is a fingernail a bad thing? *facepalm*

Well of course they have because they never took advantage of the fact that the evidence has been available to them for inspection for over a year. The real thing is always better to look at than a picture.....hello, Mr. JB??? Or it could be that Dr. Lee said, "Uh oh. Car still stink. Can't be pizza." lol

Maybe they found pizza????

Maybe they found ...........Zanny. She's been hiding in the evidence envelopes all this time.

Maybe they found that script Casey was talking about?

Maybe they found those pesky SIM cards that were missing?

Maybe they found that post it note with Zanny's phone number?

Oh wait, I know, maybe they found a note written by Jessie Grund addressed to Roy Kronk outlining the "plan" to frame Casey.

Okay fine, maybe they found the title on a brand new R.V........

MOO

If they REALLY found something new they would be screaming what it was from the top of a mountain. They are just trying to cast reasonable doubt among potential jurors. They have done this before, remember in court, "we have proof that someone else put Caylee's body there" Never saw that evidence did we. Same thing will happen with this, just another smokescreen from the defense.

Unless it is a videotape of someone else kidnapping Caylee from Casey's loving arms and killing this poor child, I am not going to get excited.

I agree with TWA...how convenient is that right after ol' Cheney Mason makes a jacka$$ of himself, going off on Kathi, that the defense just happens to find something "new" in the old evidence?

Puleeze. Maybe if they look hard enough they can find something "borrowed" and something "blue" too.

I agree with TWA...how convenient is that right after ol' Cheney Mason makes a jacka$$ of himself, going off on Kathi, that the defense just happens to find something "new" in the old evidence?

Puleeze. Maybe if they look hard enough they can find something "borrowed" like CA's credit cards? and something "blue" like that dress in the Fusuan photos. too.

BBM and Red by me.

There is NO WAY the defense found anything new!
Baez is speaking gobbily-gook. All he said was things looks different in person rather than looking at a photograph. Gee, I could have told him that years ago!:crazy:

*almost dies laughing* Sleutherontheside and Lambchop, you are killing me!!!! ROFL!!!!

I don't believe it anymore than I believe that I am gonna have an "aha......now I completely understand!" moment during the trial like Mr. Baez promised me.

If they REALLY found something new they would be screaming what it was from the top of a mountain. They are just trying to cast reasonable doubt among potential jurors. They have done this before, remember in court, "we have proof that someone else put Caylee's body there" Never saw that evidence did we. Same thing will happen with this, just another smokescreen from the defense.

ITA, New evidence but he can't say what it is? Yea, right Did he call the press to announcem this latest piece of BS. :croc:
LE has plenty of real evidence and its all against ICA.

lol, you guys crack me up.

Maybe she found her "daddy" waitin in a big ole RV

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth