If Terri truly had no part in Kyron's disappearance...

cluciano63

Reaction score
will the real perp ever be caught?

I know that according to the new poll, most people think she is guilty or involved, but if she is not...will LE ever catch up with the real offender, with so much effort being expended on what Terri did that day, etc...? Is Terri being guilty the best chance to have a resolution in this case?

Please note: we have had a couple of threads on the topic of TH being innocent already.
We have NO PROBLEM with members wanting to discuss this topic.
The problem is that the threads started to be full of snark and rumors.

This topic has every right to be discussed and if the same issues arise this time,
time outs will be handed out to the offenders.

Please bump this up as needed.

A criminal profiler not involved in the Kyron Horman investigation said Wednesday that focusing entirely on stepmother Terri Horman would be a mistake.

Frank Colistro, a forensic psychologist, said people following the case should be careful when pointing the finger at Terri Horman because authorities have not named her as a suspect or even a person of interest.<anipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/24256180/detail.html

I don't believe LE is solely focusing on TH to the exclusion of other leads. That said, with so much focus upon her, I don't believe the public is as alert to stranger-abduction scenarios as they would have been if there were no prime family suspect.

The real offender has some ba**s to have taken him from school, no matter who this person is. I only hope that same sense of invincibility will lead to their capture.

I know that according to the new poll, most people think she is guilty or involved, but if she is not...will LE ever catch up with the real offender, with so much effort being expended on what Terri did that day, etc...? Is Terri being guilty the best chance to have a resolution in this case?

I like to hope whoever the perp is will get caught..... It seems like its tough to even begin to think someone else could do this. With all the information coming right from the parents pointing fingers right at terri, if its someone else, than that perp probably figures they got away with it.
I hope this case is resolved, for Kyrons sake, and if terri is innocent.
I think its easy to think its Terri, it scares me so much to think a stranger, or even someone the child knew took him, but it scares me even more to thank someone (terri) who took care of him could do this.
I keep thinking about all the cases were someone who was innocent was pinged to be the perp.

IMO...If Terri had no responsibility in Kyron's disappearance.....

She would be talking/offering ideas.

Feel free to delete this thread, if it is a dup or a problem...

My point is my belief that Terri being guilty is the best chance for a resolution in this case. If it's not her...are we looking at an unsolved mystery forever?

Feel free to delete this thread, if it is a dup or a problem...

My point is my belief that Terri being guilty is the best chance for a resolution in this case. If it's not her...are we looking at an unsolved mystery forever?

This needs to be discussed. It stays. :D

Thanks, Kimster. Good questions. I believe that there is a lot going on right now as far as LE working on this case behind the scenes. Does it involve TH? I have no idea, but I believe that all of the "talk" that is going on is designed to keep the public and the media occupied while LE finds Kyron. I really do believe that we will hear astonishing news very soon (I'm praying for it, anyway). I know a lot of posters are upset because they think the focus has come off Kyron, but I don't believe that for one minute! I don't think Kaine and Desiree would allow that to happen.

Impossible to say. Probably would take a big break like we've seen in other cases...Kyron's body is found and provides important evidence, somebody close to the perp turns him in, confession after he commits another crime and is arrested, etc...

There's also the possibility at this point that Terri will never be charged, or won't be convicted, unless more evidence against her is uncovered so a break pointing to another perp could be the best chance for a resolution.

Speculation, rumor, hearsay, wild media headlines, frenzied internet comments, sexting, and direct accusations do NOT make a person guilty.

What makes a person guilty is evidence coupled with forensic evidence. I feel the fueled unidirectional focus on Terri was been the result of LE and those who love Kyron. Answering a horrific question by pointing toward the most convenient person is cowardly and risky.

If Terry is not the one responsible, then what? What's next? Hunting down another convenient person? I fear that if Terry is not responsible, they may never find the person who committed this horrific crime. :eek: moo

Thanks, Kimster. Good questions. I believe that there is a lot going on right now as far as LE working on this case behind the scenes. Does it involve TH? I have no idea, but I believe that all of the "talk" that is going on is designed to keep the public and the media occupied while LE finds Kyron. I really do believe that we will hear astonishing news very soon (I'm praying for it, anyway). I know a lot of posters are upset because they think the focus has come off Kyron, but I don't believe that for one minute! I don't think Kaine and Desiree would allow that to happen.

I believe you hit the nail on the head. I truly believe LE is working one maybe two POI's at this point. Remember, in this day and age of communication. POI may be reading these posts too.

This has been one of my concerns from the beginning. No doubt there is something very wrong with Terri if what is being said is true.

1. Up until Friday from all accounts (until recent) Terri was a normal active Step mother
2. MFH I am not too sure about this because depending on the day the relationship between her and Kaine changes. First he states that there was nothing wrong in the marriage that he knew of, then we have the PPD and now we have "there were signs". I also doubt people who insert themselves in a case months after the fact. Also when the LS did the sting she called 911! Why would she do that even if she knew it was a sting? Either this woman is very smart or she is innocent.
3. The friend at school that saw Kryon after Terri left. Why is that not being taken into account.
4. The teacher saying don't worry about it when someone asked where Kryon was and she said he was getting a drink of water or in the bathrooom. What would make her think that? When I was in school we had to ask permission to leave the room or the group. We were not allowed to just do what we wanted. I hope the teacher has been truthful about this.
5. Pings, LDT etc we have no idea what is truth and what has been made up. Sources mean nothing to me and I really need to hear these things from LE.
6. If she hated Kaine so much that she did something to his son I am fairly sure that there would've been signs that would've slapped him in the face. Unless you are a very cold person hatred this deep has to show somehow. She was in this family for 7 years! There has been no other incidents before this that would make me think someone could go from the loving step mother to murdering this child you have raised for 6 plus years.

There is more but I still go back to the school and the teacher saying he went to the bathroom...a busy day at the school, a young boy all alone and a perp all in the same place at just the right time and it isn't Terri.

My off the wall idea? What if this is all a game? What if the entire family is involved in this mud slinging and it's being done to make the perp feel comfortable and maybe make a mistake? Wonder if they really know Terri didn't do it but are using her to bring out the real perp? I guess in my own mind this works because I just cannot wrap my mind around some of the things that have come out..you couldn't write a script this good.

All IMO

I did not really follow the CA case, as it seemed so apparent (to me) that the right person was being targeted. I don't feel that certainty in this case, as yet. But I am appalled by the absolute hatred and single-minded venom directed toward Terri H. across the internet. It scares me, not only because she might not be guilty (we just don't know) but to think that our society has not evolved much since the days of mass hysteria, witch hunts, etc...I feel like there is a huge crowd of people out there who are hoping to be able to witness an execution...

I have thought about this and while I believe TH is involved up to her ears I am also open to the possibility that in spite of TH's behavior an amazing coincidence could have taken place and a complete stranger could have taken Kyron. Or even that he wandered off on his own and hasn't been found yet. I believe that LE is keeping all possibilities open and the simple explanation is that it is LE's job to clear family members first and because of TH's behavior they just haven't been able to do that no matter how hard they try. If she were to fully cooperate they actually might be able to. She isn't doing herself any favors by not working with LE to clear herself. She just may be the unluckiest person in the world with a very ugly coping mechanism for all we know but the very least she should do if defend herself and allow herself to be cleared so the real perp could be found.

I really want to believe that the close to the vest demeanor of LE in the case is indictive of something going on behind the scenes - an abduction - and an investigative operation that may lead to the recovery of a living child, with the secondary goal being capture and prosecution of the abductor.

I believe if Kyron is found alive LE will find the perp.....

At this point, regardless of whether or not Terri is guilty, I doubt the ability of LE to solve this case. IMHO, if Kyron's body is found and he is in a container that can be traced to the Horman home or to Terri (or anyone else) through receipts, then that may help solidify a case against her and/or the perpetrators of this crime.

We know LE do not have evidence of a murder, so either Kyron is alive and being held against his will somewhere, or he is deceased and there is, for now, no evidence to link Terri to his murder. If Kyron is deceased, then a murder scene exists somewhere, and the longer evidence is exposed to the elements the less likely it will be of any value in prosecuting this case.

I also wonder why LE, DY, and TY so strongly believe there has to be an accomplice. This scenario is nearly unfathomable to me. My rationale for them so strongly believing this possibility is that Terri must have passed, to the great surprise of everyone, some key portions of her polygraph directly related to Kyron's abduction and welfare. I've always strongly believed Terri only failed the portion of her polygraph that related to where she was that day. I'm sure LE asked if she abducted and harmed Kyron, and it is my belief that at minimum, she did not show deceptive with regard to harming him, which explains the insistence of LE, DY, and TY that Kyron is alive. If they are convinced she set up this abduction or carried it out, then they'd be convinced she knew of his welfare. Her polygraph must indicate she was being truthful about not knowing if he is deceased, which would explain why DY and KH are insistent that he is alive. They trust the polygraph about her deception, which I am convinced has something to do with her whereabouts, so it stands to reason that they would trust it if she showed truthful about Kyron's welfare. And, yet, this polygraph evidence makes zero sense to me. The only way I can explain it is if she is innocent, she lied about her whereabouts that morning because she was fearful about what may have been revealed, and she's held onto and continued to protect the lie for whatever reason. It is so improbable to me that there is an accomplice.

This works out only a few ways in my mind -- If Terri is a sociopath, how could she pass the "What happened to Kyron?" portion of her polygraph but fail the "Where were you that morning?" portion? If she's guilty, either she completely fails because she's a liar but not a sociopath, or she passes everything because she's a liar and a sociopath. So, then, I have to question if she's innocent. Then I have to question if Terri is lying about where she was that day, or was she so nervous that she showed deception but she was telling the truth. Is there some other reason for the discrepancy? Or, is she lying about where she was, but telling the truth about not harming Kyron? If she didn't harm Kyron, is she guilty of his abduction? Which leads back to the accomplice theory.

Are LE, DY, and KH convinced there must be an accomplice because it's the only scenario left in which Terri can be guilty based on the evidence they have?

If she's telling the truth about not harming Kyron, then where in the hell is this child?

I really want to believe that the close to the vest demeanor of LE in the case is indictive of something going on behind the scenes - an abduction - and an investigative operation that may lead to the recovery of a living child, with the secondary goal being capture and prosecution of the abductor.

I believe if Kyron is found alive LE will find the perp.....

Maybe TH is involved. But, not the way we are thinking. Maybe, it would do more good to keep TH out of jail for now, because the POI has no idea they are being looked at. Maybe, this POI knows where Kyron is. And, by keeping TH out of jail, someone will contact her or she will or has already contacted them. JMO, but I'm thinking someone who has to do with the school. I don't want to name anyone on here. However, I am sure of who LE is looking at.

A criminal profiler not involved in the Kyron Horman investigation said Wednesday that focusing entirely on stepmother Terri Horman would be a mistake.

Frank Colistro, a forensic psychologist, said people following the case should be careful when pointing the finger at Terri Horman because authorities have not named her as a suspect or even a person of interest.<anipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/24256180/detail.html

I agree focusing entirely on her would be a mistake. But I have heard so many times on TV crime shows that they start w/ family and ppl close to the victim and work their way out, clearing & eliminating ppl along the way. They apparently are stuck at TH, they cannot eliminate her for a variety of reasons. I hope they are still looking elsewhere. But not being able to eliminate TH is a BIG problem. JMO

Maybe TH is involved. But, not the way we are thinking. Maybe, it would do more good to keep TH out of jail for now, because the POI has no idea they are being looked at. Maybe, this POI knows where Kyron is. And, by keeping TH out of jail, someone will contact her or she will or has already contacted them. JMO, but I'm thinking someone who has to do with the school. I don't want to name anyone on here. However, I am sure of who LE is looking at.

You are sure of who LE is looking at? That is a strong statement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back