986 users online (172 members and 814 guests)  

Websleuths News

El Segundo, California

TX - Williamson Co., WhtFem 74UFTX, 20-30, 'Cinco de Corona' TShirt, Sep'89

The Doe Network:
    Case File 74UFTX
    NamUs UP Case 4023 https://identifyus.org/cases/4023

Sketches of Victim

# Unidentified White Female Located on September 25, 1989 in Williamson County, Texas.
    # The victim was deceased for one to two weeks prior to discovery.
    # Cause of Death: Multiple gunshots

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 20 - 30 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1 - 5'2"; 110 - 120 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: She had straight, light brown hair. Her eye color is undetermined. Petite build. Her right ear was pierced three times and her left ear was pierced twice. She had an appendectomy scar on her abdomen.
    * Dentals: Dental charts and fingerprints are available.
    * Clothing: She was wearing black knit pants along with the white t-shirt seen below; Cinco De Corona was imprinted on the front and the bottom edges and sleeves of the shirt were cut into strips. She also wore a half t-shirt bra top underneath the t-shirt. The shirt features American Legends and an imprinted Native American logo. She wore bikini panties and no shoes. She also wore an earring and a beaded necklace.

Case History
    On September 25, 1989 the victim was found in brush besides Interstate 35 in North Williamson County, Texas.

If you have any information concerning this woman's identity, please contact:
    Texas Department Of Public Safety
    Williamson County Crime Stoppers
    All information may be submitted anonymously.

NCIC Number:
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-12-2012 at 12:38 PM.

El Segundo, California
    This one caught my attention (1) because her facial structure is spot-on, and (2) because she had her appendix removed (as did the UID).

Joanne Catherine Foley

Her vital stats are within reasonable bounds. The lag between Joanne's DLC and the UID's death is about 4 months. The big question would be whether the body was decomposed enough from a 1-2 weeks postmortem interval to not be able to see the devil tattooed on her back.

Also, DoeNet says that Joanne had both a Cesarean scar and an appendectomy scar, whereas NamUs and DoeNet indicate just one scar on the UID.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-08-2012 at 03:18 AM.

Phoenix ,AZ
    Namus listed rule-outs:

Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
    Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida

What I found interesting about Joan Marie Butler was her suspected killer , Richard Grissom JR, was arrested in Texas. Now the time line has him arrested on July 7th 1989, which if he dumped Joan around then....the 1-2 week interval of the UID wouldn't add up unless you add several weeks. But this thread deserves a *bump* and Joan's info is here. (NO mention of her height and weight however)

Richard Grissom Jr was arrested in Dallas. Williamson County is south of Dallas...about 3 hrs.

Doe network listing for Joan http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1342dfks.html
    Last edited by masnitram; 11-08-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Grissom arrest info

texasgirl2 is offline Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case
    the lone star state
    What about this one?

Brown Hair
    Abdomen surgical scar
    28 years old

Unsure of:
    Date she went missing (9/11/85)

**I am new to this area of WS so I am not sure whether to consider that Birdie disappeared 9/11/85 into whether or not a match might work. (If anyone can point me in the right direction/threads on how to make better matches and where my help is needed....please do so! I would really love to help in any way I can but feeling a bit overwhelmed at how many cases there are!)
    Last edited by texasgirl2; 11-30-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Adding information
    Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.
    ~ Mattie Stepanek