NM - Jahzel Pinon, 2, dies in hot car, Albuquerque, 14 July 2010

It's going to be a long hot summer. It always breaks my heart every summer when we have wee ones die from being in hot cars. :(

I live in ABQ and it is hotter than usual this week...close to 100 every day. All the news is talking about is the heat, and the dangers of cars, I can't imagine how she would not have heard about how dangerous it was, if she somehow did not know already.

This just amazess me. Especially when someone says "I forgot the baby was in there".

4 hours -- she left her baby in a hot car for 4 hours. It is beyond cruel.

It's driven home with our newer vehicle. The onboard computer puts the outside temperature on the screen when it starts up. One day last week when it was 83 here, I started it and it was at 122F. I can't even imagine temperatures nearly 20 degrees higher. They're probably being conservative, saying 130F.

RIP little one!

At first I thought this was a case of her forgetting the baby was in the car, but she knowingly decided to leave this 2 yo in the car while she took the older child in for an appointment!!! WTF?????
Even if it was perfect weather (not to cold-not to hot) who would leave a 2 yo alone in a vehicle?

Now that the weather is hot I won't take our dog with me, even with having windows half open if I have to leave him alone in the vehicle.

This woman should never be in charge of another child ever!!!!

VB

Good Lord! This article makes it seem like she KNOWINGLY left this poor child in the car, not forgot about her!!!!

She thought a car was a good babysitter for a flippin' 2 year old child????!!!! :furious:

That's just evil. How could anyone let someone die in such a horrible way, especially their own child. Poor baby RIP.

See, I don't understand anyone leaving a two year old in a car for any reason any time.
Are these parents stupid or mentally ill? I'm just at a loss for thoughts on this. Its the height of cruelty and needs to be punished severely. This was like an intentional murder.
I say put the mom in a car and leave her.

I am patiently waiting for news of charges against this momster!

Good Lord! This article makes it seem like she KNOWINGLY left this poor child in the car, not forgot about her!!!!

She thought a car was a good babysitter for a flippin' 2 year old child????!!!! :furious:

There was a similar-ish case that happened here in Atlanta about 9 years ago where a woman left her 2-year-old in the car while she went to work. It was a heartbreaking story.

Of course, babies should never be left knowingly in an automobile.

There was a similar-ish case that happened here in Atlanta about 9 years ago where a woman left her 2-year-old in the car while she went to work. It was a heartbreaking story.

Of course, babies should never be left knowingly in an automobile.

:blowkiss: This story is so awful because it wasn't an accident. The mom had an appointment with her 4 year old, so she purposefully left her 2 year old in the car. :banghead:

Every time I got in my car today I thought about this poor baby. Were the windows down at least? I know it doesn't minimize it at all but just thinking about the suffocation feeling of being in a hot car... tears in my eyes. Just awful. I can't even stand it for a second to turn on the car and roll the windows down.

She has been charged but she expects to bond out tonight and her other 3 children have not been taken away from her at this point.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/toddler-found-in-hot-car

Updated that she is charged with Child abuse resulting in death

damn it, damn it, damn it!! From your link:

At noon on Wednesday, the mother went out to the car and found the 2-year-old, Jahzel Pinon, inside the car. She rushed the child into the day care inside SIPI and they tried to save the young girl's life.[/
Why didn't she take her to the daycare to begin with???:banghead: :banghead:

In the video, it shows where this mom was with her children. At a Day Care/Learning Center. Why, why, why wouldn't she have just taken both children inside???? Why would you leave a 2 year old in the car for ANY reason? Why? And at a place for KIDS!!!!!!!

Rip little one,

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes