Visit site
From Google news:

Ramsey leads Republican primary opponents in very early returns

spacer.gif

AMY F. BAILEY
spacer.gif

Associated Press
spacer.gif

DETROIT - John Ramsey's much-publicized quest for the Michigan House reaches the finish line on Tuesday.

With 3 percent of the precincts reporting, the father of slain child beauty queen JonBenet had 37 percent of the vote in the Republican primary for the 105th House District, which covers Antrim, Charlevoix, Otsego and Cheboygan counties.

Bellaire attorney Kevin Elsenheimer had 22 percent of the vote, Charlevoix resident Jack Apol had 15 percent, Otsego County commissioner Jeff Garfield had 13 percent and Kewadin resident Bonnie Nothoff had 8 percent the vote in the GOP contest.

Craig Ryan, former aide to the incumbent, had 5 percent.

Two Democrats also are running for the seat, but the GOP primary winner is the likely favorite in the Nov. 2 general election....

I can't believe he got more than two votes. Who would be dumb enough to vote for him anyway? I figured he would vote for himself and Patsy would vote for him but nobody else would.

Craig Ryan, former aide to the incumbent, had 5 percent.

Ned: That's says it all right there regarding Politics and Michigan voters. Craig Ryan HAS experience, and more people voted for Ramsey then Ryan. What to you want to bet that Patsy laid on the POOR us bit and used JonBenet for sympathy to gain voters?

I'm a Michigan voter so WATCH IT ! You're insulting us, as well as our new neighbors the R's that we're all supposed to love as ourselves. What if we'd lost our child like that?

Actually, all of you owe us Michigan wolverines, "The Victors", for not saying to you "Fools rush in," and for not forgetting the basic American Christian values : "They will know we are Christians by our love," A person is innocent until PROVEN guilty, "Judge not that ye be not judged." Humility. Minding our own business.

Considering the unusually short time they've lived in Michigan, it's really really amazing that they came in second out of six candidates! I would not call that losing by any stretch of the imagination.

If any one of us happened to be in their shoes, I'm sure we'd want a way to ascertain just how our state district neighbors feel about us. That's probably all they wanted. What about "Do unto others as you'd have done unto you," empathy? Love thy neighbor?

None of the real authorities think they're guilty. Who are we to try to usurp their place? We're not experts, just people like them. I grant you we probably wouldn't have been so trusting about our child's safety, but what's done is done. We all make mistakes. Sorry to rant, but it was past time for some fair and balanced reporting.

Eagle, if any one of us happened to be in their shoes... we'd be behind bars now.

I suspect the reason Ramsey got as many votes as he did is because some Michagan voters thought it would neat to have a "celebrity" in their government, regardless of what he may have done to become so well known.

imo

There you go Ivy, well said. Funny how the Ramsey's pick little "hick" towns to live in, they couldn't cut it in the big city. Altanta would have chewed them up whole. But all bee gosh, the Ramsey's are big celebrities there in Charlevoix.

I'm not only a Michigan voter, I'm formerly from the South and surely know Atlanta much better than either of you in your hick towns wherever.

Ever stop to realize the snobbish feeling may be mutual, only we're just too polite to keep saying it, on and on, ad nauseum?

Haters reap what you sow, eventually. I wonder what ever happened to that man in Texas who dragged an African-American to his culvert-beheading death? Don't bother to claim the same thing should be done to the R's. I think we get your picture. How about giving it a rest?

Eagle, I don't recall anyone here ever suggesting that the Ramseys should be dragged behind a pickup truck, much less beheaded while being dragged, and I doubt such a suggestion would ever occur to any of us in the future either. What makes you say such a thing? And what makes you think Nick and I live in hick towns? And what does any of this have to do with Atlanta?

Well Eagle if John had spent more time talking about actual issues in the race, rather than trying to run on the platform of his dead daughter, maybe he could have won the race.

Who would vote for a guy that can't even turn on the alarm to his house after his home had been broken into several times in different states? How about leaving a gun cabinet unlocked with a minor in the house? The guy is a loser.

packerdog said:
Who would vote for a guy that can't even turn on the alarm to his house after his home had been broken into several times in different states? How about leaving a gun cabinet unlocked with a minor in the house? The guy is a loser.

You said it packerdog...John is truly a loser. Has he finally updated his website and thanked his volunteers and figured out who's gonna take down allllllll those losing signs?

Nobody said any of you said anything about dragging the R's behind a truck or anything like that, but doesn't anyone ever get bored with the constant over use of the hackneyed word loser, without even thinking about it, and all that automatic hostility? Don't we ever get fed up with negativity? We've discussed in crime cases over and over that the typical Sociopath is a failure at something who wants to make others failures, losers.

If we keep on and on and on and on and on and on about it what does that say about us?

Big deal, John came in second in his very first political try, new to the town, and there's no way by any stretch of imagination to say that wasn't pretty good. We need to be honest with ourselves whether or not we
have an opinion they're so different as to have murdered their child and/or our own need to beat up on someone or control elections.

As O'Reilly would say, we need "fair and balanced" reporting. If we don't admit the R's did surprisingly well in their first ever campaign, we're just not being very honest. Sportmanship? We're not losers, sociopaths, ourselves, desperately needing for them to be losers to make us look better, are we? I know I'd really flop in a situation like that, I can admit it, and who cares? Campaigning isn't an interest of mine anyway.

Do some of you have an interest in it for yourself, that you haven't even realized? How would you do? Maybe this would lead to a new interest. BTW, I believe it's Ned, not Nick. You were saying Mich. has hick towns. Our university, U of M, is supposed to be the very best in the whole country. I bet you'd recognize the football themesong, "The Victors". Three of my kids went there, I'm rather proud to say.

I'm afraid that word loser has become a mindless habit, we don't even realize how many times we're saying, that was never a nice word to begin with. If we knew who invented it, maybe we'd give it a rest!

Changing the subject slightly for a good cause, don't forget to pray for Maxi, who'd probably never use a word like "loser". When you're too nice bad things happen to you? The religious philosophy is that needing healing miracles comes to show God's glory. Both women who've been co-leaders of religious broadcasting companies, PTL and TBN, have had cancer and been healed twice, also Patsy R. We've got this worry to share for a while, might not get our prayers answered if we harbor so much hostility, do you think? Didn't Jesus say good will fruit and animosity can't grow on the same tree? Just a thought.

Wellllllll Eagle, you have your opinions and I have mine. I've followed this case from the beginning, watch John toss innocent people and friends under the bus. I've seen John screw a lot of people and always someone else takes the blame....never John.

John is a LOSER, wheither he's running for office or merely going about his daily life. He lies, he cheats, he steals from charity, he gives interviews praising himself ahead of time for things he never finishes!!!!!!!!

That is the definition of a loser and John is a loser who's also a....
LIAR
a CHEATER
a THIEF
a man who didn't care enough to find the killer of his daughter or all those websites and phone numbers would still be working.

Actually you are right Eagle, we need to call John other things, 'cause he's more than a mere LOSER. SOB comes to mind. KILLER is another. IMO he's involved up to his eyebrows in JonBenet's death.

You might like him, and that's ok, but I don't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back