Found Deceased IL - Ibrahim Nofal, 28, Orland Park, 13 July 2010

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Auto Shop Owner Missing In Possible Abduction

The owner of an auto repair shop in Orland Park has vanished, and family members fear he's been kidnapped because of the security video they've seen with their own eyes. CBS 2's Mike Parker reports.
<snip>

On Tuesday night, just before 7 p.m., security camera video showed four men in a white or silver Jeep Cherokee pulling into the garage. They were inside with Nofal for a few minutes, then suddenly backed out and left in a hurry. Nofal has not been seen or heard from since.

<snip>
Relative and friends have pledged a $20,000 reward for the safe return of Ibrahim Nofal.

Police are referring to the case as a probable abduction.

full article and photo at link:

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Ibrahim.Nofal.orland.2.1805459.html

July 14, 2010 (ORLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Orland Park police say they are searching for missing business owner Ibrahim A. Nofal, 28.

Officers say they responded to a 911 call from Lightning Auto located at 15563 70th Court regarding a missing person at approximately 1 a.m. Wednesday.
<snip>

Police say there was no obvious sign of foul play at the business.
According to authorities, the missing man's brother told police that when he arrived at the business to look for Ibrahim Nofal, he found the overhead garage open and nobody around.

<snip>
Investigators say they were able to view video surveillance from a nearby business and observed a vehicle described as a light colored Jeep Grand Cherokee, four doors, with a luggage rack on the roof, parked near the Lightning Auto business at approximately 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Investigators say they believe that it is possible the missing man was inside the Jeep when the vehicle left the area

full article and photos of both Ibrahim and the light colored Jeep Grand Cherokee at link.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7555715&rss=rss-wls-article-7555715

Family increases reward for information leading to Ibrahims whereabouts.

Family and friends are offering a $40,000 reward for information leading to Ibrahim Nofal's whereabouts and the arrest and conviction of those who took him, his cousin said. The family has set up a hotline at (773) 299-0277 and an e-mail address, helpfindnofal@yahoo.com, where people can provide information.
Several potential leads were phoned in to the hotline, Mohammed Nofal said, and he forwarded them to police. Anyone with information also can call Orland Park Police at (708) 349-4111.

full article at link.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2508292,lockport-missing-man-reward-071810.article

Search continues for missing Lockport man

No trace yet on Nofal; Orland Park Police to hold news conference today

More than 50 friends and family members of a 28-year-old Lockport man who went missing last week from his Orland Park auto repair shop gathered Sunday near the site of his disappearance to canvass the surrounding forest preserves and parks.

The search party had hoped to find Ibrahim Nofal, who disappeared Tuesday night while working at Lightning Auto, 15563 S. 70th Court, Orland Park.

"We just didn't want to sit around and do nothing," said Ibrahim's cousin, Mohammed Nofal. "There's definitely no leads to indicate that he's in any of these forest preserves, but we just needed to do something."

<snip>

Orland Park police will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. today, during which a surveillance video showing a Jeep Cherokee pulling into the auto shop's garage and then leaving a short time later will be shown.

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2509420,071910searchparty.article

Continued prayers Ibrihim is found safely soon!

I'm looking forward to seeing the survellience tapes.
Most people would drop their car off in the early am for repairs.
Pulling into a garage at 7pm might not be that unusual dropping off a car for repairs the following morning, but in that case one leaves the car and usually has another car following to pick up the person dropping a car off. They don't pull into and then out of a garage a short time later.

This case is getting a fair bit of air time on our local news stations.
Hopefully the presser and released survellience tape will shed some additional light on this case.

Body found linked to missing Lockport man. :(

JOLIET — Detectives turned up a telltale clue that links the body found in the Pilcher Park woods Saturday night to the missing Lockport man police fear was abducted last week.

An automobile insurance card located with the decomposed body was traced back to 28-year-old Ibrahim Nofal, who was last seen Friday at his Orland Park auto repair busines, said Joliet police Chief Fred Hayes.

The insurance card was the only form of identification found with the body, Hayes said, and dental testing on the body had yet to be completed.

Full article at link and much more at link.

* Please note the last seen date of Friday mentioned in this article is inaccurate. Ibrahim was last seen Tuesday July 13.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/2511666,Missing-man-probe_JO071910.article

This is so sad. A young father with two small children. Two babies...

This sounds like a hit of somekind. Especially with being abducted from ones place of business. I was so hoping maybe he left willingly but deep inside I knew that was not going to be.

:(
Prayers for Ibrahims wife, children and family as they wait official id.

Perhaps one of you can recall...
Early on in this case, Ibrahim's family mentioned that they believed there was a ''hit'' out on Ibrihim or that he had old debts that were supposed to have been paid. I saw this myself in an online news article. Now, I can't seem to find it again....but It would be very useful.

Praying for Ibrahim and his family!

I don't remember seeing that article Krista but I did not read all of them. I've seen his uncle (?) saying they knew of no enemies.

I am 98% sure this is a hit. What else would it be? Not a robbery gone bad because nothing was missing from Ibrahams business. They drove in took him and left.

I'm not yet able to find the video of the jeep which was supposed to be released today and is believed to be involved in Ibrahims abduction. When, and if I find it I will link it.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of this case and who done it.

Still trying to find an online link to the survellience video which I thought was to be released yesterday. :waitasec:

The photo area at the FB group set up for Ibrahim has some photos's of potential suspects car. Police are asking for assistance in identifying or locating the owner of the car. According to news reports the survellience was such LE was unable to make out the cars license plates.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...0452#!/group.php?gid=111125492271897&v=photos

Body identified as missing Lockport man

Authorities have confirmed that a body found in a Joliet park is that of a man who disappeared from his Orland Park auto shop last week.

The Will County Coroner's office said Tuesday dental records and fingerprints showed that the dead man was 28-year-old Ibrahim Nofal, but an autopsy conducted Sunday could not determine how the Lockport resident died.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-missingmanidentif,0,631504.story

Rest in peace Ibrahim.

I'm saddened to read an autopsy did not provide cause of death. Clearly foul play is involved and Ibrahim did not die of natural causes. I hope LE is able to solve this one and put away whomever is responsible for Ibrahims death.

My prayers and thoughts for his wife, young children, family and friends.

I'm with you, Cubby. The guy didn't get abducted and then drop dead from the flu. I hope they find out what happened. Prayers for the family.

:rose: R.I.P Ibrahim, I hope they find whoever did this to you

I'm with you, Cubby. The guy didn't get abducted and then drop dead from the flu. I hope they find out what happened. Prayers for the family.

t93. Thank you. I can't help but wonder if LE does not want to release they have a cause of death because it would impair the investigation. I'm thinking it may be 'hold back' info on this case right now. Even if there were not apparent bullet or stab wounds, it is possible there are tests not yet back which would reveal cod.

I hope LE and the media do not forget about this case. I mean, if there are perps out there who just abduct adults in broad daylight and kill them they clearly are dangerous to society and need to be captured.

JMO

ETA: Forgot to mention. Not only did Ibrahim not abduct himself and die from the flu, a google search of Pilcher Woods in Joliet shows lots of bodies being dumped there. Ibrahim didn't get there himself. Someone dumped him there.

Cubby, does the area have any apparent gang affiliations? Or were the bodies dumped there linked in anyway? Just kind of thinkin out loud here...

I don't know of any links to the bodies found in the woods. I just did a quick search and several cases with bodies found were in these woods. It tells me this was someone who knew the area well enough to to know this was a known area for dumping bodies. I did not read the links to see if any of the cases of the bodies found there were linked other than location found.

A second examination of the Lockport man found dead in Pilcher Park in Joliet on Saturday has revealed the man was the victim of a homicide.
While Will County Chief Deputy Coroner Robert Brenczewski confirmed that 28-year-old Ibrahim Nofal was slain, he withheld the specific cause of death due to concerns about preserving the integrity of the investigation.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/2523786,missing-lockport-man-murdered-072210.article

BBM. I knew it. Don't know how or why, but I knew. LE is going to be tight lipped about the details of this case until an arrest is made.

Pure speculation and a gut feeling on my part but I think this somehow ties to Ibrahims business. If it doesn't sound too Chicago mafia related, I can't help but wonder if some kind of organized crime wanted money from Ibrahim - or something profits or to launder money through the business. Somehow his business ties into this.

Clearly his family has money - they were able to offer a 50,000 reward. I get the impression Nofal was a normal on the up and up business man, at least thus far, and I have no reason to believe anything else. My immediate thoughts were some kind of organized crime but what I don't know.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back