REVISIT Terri was supposed to drive Kyron to Eugene that day

Status
Not open for further replies.

hip2bl7

Into Back Fence Gabbery
Reaction score
Long time lurker here, first time posting.

Maybe I missed it, has anyone noticed that DY states in her Today interview on July 14th that Terri was supposed to drive Kyron to Eugene on the day he disappeared so he could spend the weekend with DY and TY.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98434609.html

Maybe I missed it, has anyone noticed that DY states in her Today interview on July 14th that Terri was supposed to drive Kyron to Eugene on the day he disappeared so he could spend the weekend with DY and TY.

thx for the post and link Hip.

not only does the linked article say "Terri Horman's attorney, Portland defense lawyer Stephen Houze, did not immediately return calls seeking comment on Wednesday", which says to me, he didn't call back right away, but he eventually did, although we don't know what he said....

more glaring to me is that DY said that TH was supposed to drive Kyron to see them (DY and hubs, 4 1/2 hours away) the SAME DAY that Kyron disappeared.

I've seen no mention of this before. What time was DY expecting Kyron to get there? What time did TH say she was leaving to get Kyron there?

My head is spinning! I feel dizzy. I can't keep track of all the twists and turns and allegations that keep surfacing.

Poor little Kyron. He was in the middle of all this mess. He had no choice at all. He just knew he was scared and all was not safe or well for him. Tears. He did all a little boy could do to save himself. I am heartbroken for him.

Bless the beasts and the children....

This is the first time I have thought about this....he may have been well cried on several occasions about returning home because he didn't appreciate that long drive. As much as it is great for both sets of parents to have access to Kyron, that's a brutal commute for a weekend. How many times, I wonder, did this little lad just want to stay at home and be a kid.

What if Terri told Kyron after the fair she would take him to his moms early and thats why he was so happy that day, and she told him to hurry and go look at the projects in the gym and she would pull around and meet him there.

What if Terri told Kyron after the fair she would take him to his moms early and thats why he was so happy that day, and she told him to hurry and go look at the projects in the gym and she would pull around and meet him there.

Makes sense to me that she'd want to leave early on a Friday for that kind of drive.
I can't imagine taking a 4.5 hour drive with a toddler in a car seat and turning around again to come home .... (that's 9 hours in a car grrrrrr).....

:woohoo:

BTW Welcome and congratulations on making your first post

Why was TMH supposed to drive Kyron and not KH? I'm just wondering because he has stated that he was home in the afternoon.

Welcome to WS hip! Great 1st post!

Im having a hard time keeping up with this case but I wonder why this wasn't mentioned before. Its not like it was some lil trip to the store or going out for ice cream etc. That's a very long drive for all involved. *puzzled*

So, they were maybe going to go out for ice cream and then come home to play some Wii (KH mentioned previously wanting to do both things once Kyron was home that day), then TH was driving him to Eugene? That doesn't make much sense to me. Seems like TH would be driving him to Eugene pretty late in the evening.

From the link in post #1

Young has said Terri Horman was supposed to drive Kyron to Eugene on the day he disappeared to turn him over to her and Tony Young to spend the weekend in Medford.

I can't help but wonder if this is a misquote- poor vetting on the reporters part (we'd all be rich if WS'rs were paid for finding reporting errors). Especially not being a direct quote. As a single parent myself, I have never seen a drop off and pick up arrangement 4.5 hours away with one parent being responsible for driving the full route to each parents destination. Especially not for a weekend visit. Usually in cases such as this the courts order the parents to meet half way. Something is also unusual about this coming out now. Why so late?

Interesting but I am hesitant to take it as fact, even though it is reported in the media.

JMO

Then why would she have him put his backpack in his classroom. I think she told him for a quick dr visit then he would return to school. Same routine every other friday, after school take the drive halfway to meet biomom.

I agree with previous posts that this "new" info. causes one to do a head tilt. Nothing had been said about this planned trip by either Dad or Bio Mom until now. That is a long drive for after school (with Kyron getting home at 3:30p.m.) Dad has not previously said anything about a planned trip that day and should have/would have known about it.
Something seems "off".

This has been discussed at length in earlier threads here. It was mentioned before, some time ago, though I don't recall the exact interviews.

Eugene is only about 2 hours away from Portland. They meet there as a half-way point so that neither parent has such a long drive.

Speculation about why it might be Terri making the trip included the fact (mentioned in the original article) that they used to make a "switch" with all three families--Hormans, Youngs, and Terri's ex-husband taking her bio-son. (Many theories have been put forth as to why she might have been doing the drive this time.)

I see this fact being mentioned in news stories from July 6, so apparently it was revealed (by DY) at the press conference they had that day (the Tuesday following the July 5 "holiday"). I can't easily locate the thread where it was hashed over on WS, but probably it would be on July 6.

Could antimatter be the electrical project? It's interesting that the boy saw the truck in the parking lot during the same time frame that he saw Kyron. More interesting is that they don't want release the time frame.

I agree that we haven't heard anything about TH driving Kyron to his mother's that day. I do remember talk about them driving halfway to meet up for Kyron's weekend visits, but not specifically June 4. I remember KH saying they were going to go for ice cream and play games after school. And why TH in particular being the DD??

I thought we had discussed this at length. IIRC, he was going to go fishing with Tony to use the rod that Tony bought Kyron. Sorry but this information has been known since early on.

some discussion during the press conference:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5375057#post5375057"]2010.07.06 - Presser with DY and TY - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

probably if you do a search on fishing as the key term most of the conversation about Kyron going to spend time with DY and TY will pop up.
hope that helps.

This has been known for some time. DY said she was waiting for a phone call from TH saying she was leaving. DY was to meet her half way. TY and Kyron had plans to go fishing that weekend. I believe they said Kyron had received a new fishing pole for Christmas and TY was to take him out on the boat.

I, too, wondered about this because KH had said they had planned to get ice cream after school as a treat for the hard work KH had done on his project.

I concluded that may be why KH was home early from work, they would get the ice cream after school and then TH would drive Kyron to Eugene.

Why was TMH supposed to drive Kyron and not KH? I'm just wondering because he has stated that he was home in the afternoon.

That is a really long drive. It would be 9 hours roundtrip, I am surprise they didnt meet half way. And that Kaine was not driving. Maybe he had to finish work, maybe terri has always been the commuter, which she could of said no.

This has been known for some time. DY said she was waiting for a phone call from TH saying she was leaving. DY was to meet her half way. TY and Kyron had plans to go fishing that weekend. I believe they said Kyron had received a new fishing pole for Christmas and TY was to take him out on the boat.

I, too, wondered about this because KH had said they had planned to get ice cream after school as a treat for the hard work KH had done on his project.

I concluded that may be why KH was home early from work, they would get the ice cream after school and then TH would drive Kyron to Eugene.

IIRC when Desiree was phoned i thought she said she was at work still? Which could mean she wasnt due to get to Eugene that early so more than enough time for a icecream in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine