TY says that Terri seemed "defensive."

SurfieTX

Reaction score
http://www.king5.com/news/Kyron-Hormans-stepdad-Terri-without-a-doubt-behind-boys-disappearance-98509699.html

"Desiree's husband Tony Young, a law enforcement officer himself, said Terri Horman seemed defensive from the very beginning but he didn't begin to question it right away.

Young recalled meeting at the Horman's home near Skyline Elementary within hours of Kyron's disappearance. He'd already been told by the FBI and Multnomah County sheriff's detectives that he would not be given inside information about the case.

But because of his background as a detective in Medford, he felt compelled to tell the other parents how the investigators would proceed.

"I explained to each person that now our lives are not private any more, that the investigators are going to talk to us, that they're going to want to know very detailed information about our lives, that our job is to give that and assist with the investigation and give them as much as they need," Young recalled.

The conversation took place even as search dog teams were scouring the property around the school and volunteers were mobilizing to look for Kyron through the night. Young said he tried to reassure everyone, but Terri protested.

"I told everybody there, this is normal. This is what happens. She [Terri] instantly started to express some displeasure with that and not wanting...feeling like she was persecuted. And I thought that was an unusual reaction that early in that," he said. "But I didn't act on that, I just thought that was kind of strange. But of course thought about it later, a period of time later, and it started adding up from there."

Thoughts?

I feel like the Youngs have been very patient and given TH the benefit of the doubt until it was obvious that there was no doubt she had a hand in it.

IMOO of course....

and a little OT, but my son just said the sweetest thing...

"Do you think we could call that lady, (Terri) and maybe I could talk to her and ask her nicely to let Kyron come home? His mom is really sad and I think she needs him."

*heart breaking*

I struggle with his assessment of seeming like an objective bystander, when Desiree now admits she was suspicious of Terri from the very beginning.

Was Terri behaving inappropriately, or was she responding to the tacit accusations?

Well I guess you could be defensive about detectives intruding in your life even if you hadn't murdered a small boy but had contemplated hiring a hitman for your husband and were in the habit of sending photos of your bare anatomy to men you weren't married to.

Terri may have been feeling very defensive, depending upon how the other parents were addressing her, since Desiree has said that she suspected Terri from the first moment. Not sure how to take this. I do not take everything Tony says as gospel just because he is a detective. He is also human and involved in Kyron's life. His impressions have to be taken with a certain amount of knowledge that emotion plays into it.

"I told everybody there, this is normal. This is what happens. She [Terri] instantly started to express some displeasure with that and not wanting...feeling like she was persecuted. And I thought that was an unusual reaction that early in that," he said. " Thoughts?

Let's say that TH is 100% factually innocent. She could have felt a lot of guilt, and/or worry that the rest of the family would blame her since Kyron was last under her care, custody, and control.

To top it off, she may have secrets (like the landscaper) that she does not want the rest of the parents to find out about, that she believes have nothing to do with Kryon's disappearance and might even cause suspicion (like the landscaper).

Trouble is, even with that, I don't see how someone who has a significant parental role in raising a child would feel persecuted by the investigators in this situation.

From   http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/persecute
Persecute means:
1. to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, esp.because of religion, race, or beliefs; harass persistently.

2. to annoy or trouble persistently.

I would like to be troubled persistently if it would help find a missing child, unless I had something significant to hide. It doesn't mean I would enjoy relinquishing any secrets I had, but relinquish them I would because that would be far less important to me than finding the child.

Also, if I were innocent, I would proclaim that loudly and persistently to anyone who would listen.

Hmmm....even if TH is not responsible for the disappearance of Kyron, lord knows she has many secrets she would not want others to find out about. I could see her freaking out when Tony said their lives are now public regardless whether she is guilty or not.

On the other hand, what TY said goes contrary to what DY said. If DY immediately suspected TH (as she has said) why wouldn't she confide to her husband? It's the first thing I would do, tell my detective husband that I was convinced TH is involved.

That's all I'm saying because the rest goes against WS rules...

Could it be that TH was not going to tell the rest of the family anything because she didn't trust some of them ? Is TY talking about LE itself questioning her, or is the family with the help of TY questioning her ? Has LE ever said that TH was not cooperating ?

I'm not sure if defensive feelings caused by the perceived suspicion from other parents would make her immediately jump to the conclusion that the police are going to persecute her as well. Wouldn't they be thought an ally at first? These people may suspect me but LE will investigate and they can check my alibi and clear me. I was running errands and I have the receipts to prove it.

I'd sure as heck feel guilty and defensive if I thought my kid had come to harm at school -- even if I had done nothing to contribute to him being missing. I'd be second-guessing myself, I'd be afraid how my every word and gesture was going to be interpreted and misinterpreted, I'd be afraid they were going to blame me, because I'd blame myself. I'd feel like I was the worst mother in the world and like I deserved everything because I was such a bad mother.

I feel like the Youngs have been very patient and given TH the benefit of the doubt until it was obvious that there was no doubt she had a hand in it.

IMOO of course....

"Do you think we could call that lady, (Terri) and maybe I could talk to her and ask her nicely to let Kyron come home? His mom is really sad and I think she needs him."

*heart breaking*

Awwwwww! What a sweetheart! I wish he could too! :(

I struggle with his assessment of seeming like an objective bystander, when Desiree now admits she was suspicious of Terri from the very beginning.

Was Terri behaving inappropriately, or was she responding to the tacit accusations?

RBBM:

Well, I look at it like this. If I were in that position (of course I'd no doubt be innocent because I'd never dream of hurting my child or anyone else for that matter), I'd let anyone have basically anything they wanted, any piece of information they wanted, be in my house at any hour they wanted, anything if it helped get my child home. Not only that, but I'd be too panicked and upset and beside myself to even be able to think about being defensive! That, IMO, shows that Terri was (and still is, IMO) thinking of herself first, not Kyron. I think she was resenting the upcoming intrusion into her personal life because she had something to hide. What would be a good reason to resist an investigation into your stepson's disappearance? I can't think of one, honestly. JMO.

IMOO of course....

*heart breaking*

BBM - I say you should let him "have at it"! And bless him for wanting to "ask her nicely". You taught him so well :)
I might not ask so nicely. But your little boy's call will probably successfully blindside her!! :angel: (There are truly angels everywhere...)

IMO what is remarkable about this story is that it is an example of self-centered thinking. (If Tony's story is a correct interpretation)

Instead of being focused on "Where's Kyron, what can we do to find him, OMG is he going to be all right", she thinks about herself, "OMG, I'm going to be persecuted, the police will ask me things I don't want to tell, it's all so unfair to me, me, me..."

People that I have known that were habitual liars are always on the defensive. Of course I don't know TH but that is the impression I have gotten from some of the pc's, that there was a history of lying. Now we know she was hiding some things but this doesn't necessarily mean that she had anything to do with his being missing.

looking at individual moments like this is tricky...b/c standing alone, maybe its no so surprising that she would initially balk at her life becoming an open book, especially if she had stuff going on that she wanted to hide. I would venture to guess that her marriage wasn't that great even at that point in time, so likely there was stuff she'd not want known. So a momentary expression of hesitancy would not be indicative of anything.
But put together with other moments, it starts to make a complete picture.

All I can say about that picture... is the parts we do know... (and I'm excluding the rumors and the bizzarro BFH plot) it doesn't seem to me to be in any way what I would think a picture of wrongly accused completely innocent woman would look like. I can understand wanting to obey your lawyer by being silent so as to not take on risk to yourself that could jeopardize your future, but I don't think that's exactly the choice she's been making. The choices she's been making paint the picture of a person with no impulse control,and no ability to empathize, even with people she "loves". THAT kind of person, IMO, would have responded to TY's warnings exactly the way she did... if she were trying to behave herself and not shock people by flat out refusing to participate.

Does anyone have a link that LE ever states that TH is not cooperating with the investigation. Or if LE ever said that she was lying ?
LE that is in the investigation, not LE outside of the investigation.
TIA

It wouldn't surprise me if KH had already lit into her about it being all her fault, so she was already feeling guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back