GUILTY WA - Bryanna Houston, 23 mos, beaten to death, Tacoma, 12 July 2010

RoseWhite

Reaction score
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/98527164.html

A father, frustrated that his toddler daughter wouldn't eat, has been arrested for allegedly abusing her to death, police said Thursday morning.

Medics were called to the home in the 1200 block of N. Pearl Street at 7:35 p.m. Wednesday and found the 2-year-old girl had been severely injured, said Gretchen Aguirre with Tacoma Police. The girl was rushed to Mary Bridge Hospital in Tacoma, where she died Thursday morning.

So you want your child to eat so they can grow and be healthy.

And when they don't you beat them to death. Yeah, that makes sense.

Why are people so evil?

Why do people do this?? This angers me beyond words.

I always thought it was dumb to yell at a child to eat unhealthy food like fast food... because they are getting mad at them to eat unhealthy food so they grow big and strong.. and it never made sense.

I don't even have words for this.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2010/07/16/tacoma-father-charged-with-murder-in-toddlers-death/

Andrew Houston III, who turned 25 on Thursday, pleaded not guilty to the charge during his arraignment this afternoon in Pierce County Superior Court.He was ordered held in Pierce County Jail in lieu of $1 million bail.

Briyana Houston, 23 months old, was taken off life support Thursday after scans showed she had no brain activity.

Paramedics were called to the Houston's apartment in the 1200 block of North Pearl Street on Wednesday night and found a critically injured Briyana.

Doctors at Mary Bridge Children's Hospital discovered the toddler had retinal hemorrhaging, skull fractures, liver damage and severe brain injuries, court documents state. The doctors informed police investigators the injuries were not accidental and were "consistent with the child having been violently shaken and subjected to blunt force trauma," charging documents state.

Investigators contacted Houston at the hospital. He initially denied harming his daughter.

Houston then told detectives he had picked his daughter up from daycare Tuesday night, court documents state. He generally cares for Briyana and her older sister in the evening while their mother works.

On Tuesday night, Houston prepared dinner but Briyana would not eat. He tried to force her to eat by grabbing her mouth but the girl continued to refuse, court documents state.

Houston told investigators he took his daughter out of her high chair and shook her by the arms.

"Houston indicated that he was frustrated by (Briyana's) lack of cooperation, financial issues and caring for the children by himself," charging documents state. "Houston told detectives that he didn't think he injured the child because she kept moving."

While having her diaper changed, Briyana reportedly fell backward and hit her head on the floor. Houston told investigators he thought that was when she might have injured her head, charging documents state.

Briyana's mother noticed her daughter had vomited overnight but because she didn't have a fever, took her to daycare on Wednesday. The daycare providers told investigators Briyana was lethargic and clingy throughout the day.

Houston picked his daughter up Wednesday evening as normal. He said after he put her to bed, he noticed Briyana face down in vomit and apparently not breathing.

He called Briyana's mother and told her there was some sort of problem and that he'd handle it. He then shook Briyana in an attempt to rouse her and called 911.

She probably wasn't hungry--or the food was not good. DUH!!! when are people going to get some common sense, and stop taking out their frustrations on helpless children? :furious: Poor little girl.

It hurts my heart that she was described as clingy by the daycare worker. That poor baby.

I'm not believing his story about beating her because she wouldn't eat, I'm thinking more of him beating her, and then she didn't want to eat.

He had charges 2 years ago that were dropped, sounds like the mother of this baby might not have followed through with things so she could keep her "man" now her baby is dead. :banghead:
The children are always the ones who have to suffer. :furious:

VB

Great, so this poor child suffered for 24 hours and possibly could have been saved if this sperm donor had told someone what he had done to her.

Rest in Peace sweetheart.

These deaths are not accidents. Everyone knows not to shake a baby under any circumstances and of course no beating. I understand he was frustrated about his life, but why didn't he have enough brain cells to understand he can't take things out on a baby.
I'm so fed up with this stupidity and then they are all of a sudden sorry and they had other things on their mind. I say send them to Siberia, no release, forage for food, survival of the fittest.

O/T - When my niece was little, my brother used to freak me out because he was so obsessed with every single bite she ate or didn't eat. It was weird. I'm, frankly, waiting to see if she is going to develop an eating disorder. He would just hover over her and her plate the entire meal. It was awful. I haven't seen them in several years so I don't know if he still does it or not, but it used to really upset me.

O/T - When my niece was little, my brother used to freak me out because he was so obsessed with every single bite she ate or didn't eat. It was weird. I'm, frankly, waiting to see if she is going to develop an eating disorder. He would just hover over her and her plate the entire meal. It was awful. I haven't seen them in several years so I don't know if he still does it or not, but it used to really upset me.

I don't understand people that force their children to eat, coerce them, threaten them, beg them. They don't realize that kids have little stomachs and don't need a lot of food. They fill up quickly. I have 5 kids and I never made an issue out of how much they ate. And believe it or not, not one of them starved to death. Kids eat when they are hungry and stop when they are full. They go through periods when they eat everything in sight and periods when they don't want a thing. I really think it's a control issue for some. Now if a child refused to eat for a long time and was underweight I can see getting concerned but that is a medical issue, not a behavior issue.

I don't understand people that force their children to eat, coerce them, threaten them, beg them. They don't realize that kids have little stomachs and don't need a lot of food. They fill up quickly. I have 5 kids and I never made an issue out of how much they ate. And believe it or not, not one of them starved to death. Kids eat when they are hungry and stop when they are full. They go through periods when they eat everything in sight and periods when they don't want a thing. I really think it's a control issue for some. Now if a child refused to eat for a long time and was underweight I can see getting concerned but that is a medical issue, not a behavior issue.

I'll tell ya, it used to really freak me out. My brother would just be so intense over her plate and every bite she took. I have never seen them that often, but it would make the entire dinner experience very uncomfortable and tense. It just struck me as so very odd. It's important to watch our children's diet, but that was just ridiculous. I've never seen anything like it.

My daughter was somewhere in the middle. We did battle over dinner, but mostly because she ALWAYS refused to eat, no matter what it was. But, I certainly didn't hang over her plate obsessing over every bite. We usually did the 'okay, you have to eat this much of it' and then you can go. That is, when she wasn't falling backward out of her chair. Tee hee. I don't know how many times she had it up on 2 legs and went over. Jeesh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back