Lee's Testimony at the 911 tapes hearing

Aedrys

If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
Reaction score
I think Lee was a little different this time. I think there was a lot of anger underneath that he was hiding. He's used to being the calm one while Cindy rages. I felt like he wasn't so out of it like he was in the depositions last year. I felt like he was just so mad that he had to sit there and answer questions all because of something his sister did. I feel like his I Love You to Casey was something his mother told him he had to do.

What did you guys think? Was he the same old Lee? Did he seem glib but angrier underneath? And what did you think of him leaving after his testimony was over?

He looked like he was doing an interview for entertainment tonight. Chuckling, seeming oddly unstressed and at times amused. Very very strange. I mean he does realize this is a Death Penalty hearing concerning his sister murdering his baby niece, right?

I still find it creepy that he laughs at what I feel are inappropriate times, but at least he didn't go sit with the parentals and sing "Kumbaya" dedicated to KC!

He looked like he was doing an interview for entertainment tonight. Chuckling, seeming oddly unstressed and at times amused. Very very strange. I mean he does realize this is a Death Penalty hearing concerning his sister murdering his baby niece, right?

I didn't see him today.

But......... I will never forget his laughing at the smell in the car during a police interview...I think it's a nervous laughter thing and not deliberate because there is nothing funny about the scent of your niece rotting in your sister's car trunk!

Sometimes nervousness shows like amusement. I remember when I got married and was repeating my vows I was so nervous that I giggled after practically every work. I think Lee is just nervous at being on the stand. I am sure he finds none of this amusing. As for saying he loved Casey I am sure he does. You can love the person and not the act. I feel sorry for him.

I agree he has a "nervous laugh", however his affect is so incongruent with the topic of conversation everytime that I have to wonder how disconnected he really is from his own feelings.

I can understand a little nervous laughter, but what Lee exhibits is way beyond that to me. Cindy was able to put forth calmness and candor today (although not completely but I sensed she was afraid to get caught up in her own "spin" with the state ready to cross-examine her) but Lee was the same circle-talking, mumbo jumbo, inappropriately laughing mad man. I wasn't even sure what his testimony WAS when he was finished.

Him leaving could mean he went to work...I don't think that he's showing any less solidarity and I wouldn't expect that in the family dynamic.

Lee needs to be put in a petrie dish and studied.

Sometimes nervousness shows like amusement. I remember when I got married and was repeating my vows I was so nervous that I giggled after practically every work. I think Lee is just nervous at being on the stand. I am sure he finds none of this amusing. As for saying he loved Casey I am sure he does. You can love the person and not the act. I feel sorry for him.

Sounds like those "words" were hard "work".

Well I'm not sure what to think of him, but someone should really advise him to dress more appropriately for court! Jeans and a t-shirt just don't cut it. It doesn't take that much effort to put on a nice pair of khakis and a nice button down shirt!

Nervous laughter - whatever.
Casual dress - whatever.

The "I love you" he mouthed to ICA before taking the stand was just so inappropriate it defies logic. especially given what she has accused him and GA of. LDB response was priceless.

I will give it to him he didn't let CM trip him up on cross - which was great because he was trying to be as confusing as he could be (that or he just s**** at being an attorney).

MOO

The most striking testimony by Lee today was the fact that he loves his murderous sister, still.

What was all the undercurrent chaos going on during LA's trying to answer CM's questions? Was that a phone that kept ringing? Why did CM's questioning seem so vague and confusing?

I felt like there was extra stuff going on that was meant to make LA's answers seem vague and unimportant by CM. Was that the reason LA's response to questions and his answers seemed chopped up by interruptions?

Lee does have a nervous laugh, but his answers seemed straight forward and not laced with mystery or lies. In general, he did okay. Interesting that his appearance was what brought tears from KC.

I think he flat-out lied under oath, hence the nervous laughter.

I do think he was more straightforward. In the deposition, he seemed out of it, like he still couldn't believe this was really happening to him. Today, I saw more composure on his part, and he was more angry flippant than out of it innapropriate. It's like he wasn't sure what he was doing in the deposition, but today, he didn't care what he was doing. He gave his answers, did his nervous laughter thing, and then he was gone.

I do think it was telling that he left. I know he might have had to work, but I'd think his job would give him the whole day off for a courtroom appearance. It just seemed like once he was done, he was done. No staying around and being lovey dovey.

And eaglemom, I think you're right. I was thinking about that after I left work and was driving home. It is possible that he loves her, but hates what she's done to Caylee and the family.

Basically, I got the sense that he was mad he had to be there and testify in the first place, didn't like having to come out of hiding to do it, didn't want to do any favors really for CA or Cindy, and just wanted to be done with it once he was done testifying. I do think he's hurting inside, but he's learned very well over the years how to keep it in and be calm. He learned to do that at the knee of his raging mother.

What was all the undercurrent chaos going on during LA's trying to answer CM's questions? Was that a phone that kept ringing? Why did CM's questioning seem so vague and confusing?

I felt like there was extra stuff going on that was meant to make LA's answers seem vague and unimportant by CM. Was that the reason LA's response to questions and his answers seemed chopped up by interruptions?

Lee does have a nervous laugh, but his answers seemed straight forward and not laced with mystery or lies. In general, he did okay. Interesting that his appearance was what brought tears from KC.

The interruptions (at least I think what you are talking about) were interference/feedback from CM hearing aides..

I think it was feedback in the mics from CM's hearing aid batteries.
I also think that CM's line of questioning, which was obviously rehearsed by Lee and CM, went so far out of bounds, that even Lee was confused. Lee kept having to bring CM back to it. Lee was trying to stick to the script, but CM rambles so he couldn't follow. It was pitiful really. CM should have retired in peace. This case will make him look like a fool.

You'd think a man like CM would be able to afford top quality hearing aids, but apparently not. The noise was hearing aid interference.

As for your second bold. she did cry, but it only lasted less than a minute. I guess that's how long she's able to have emotion or something. I almost felt for her, and then it just stopped like she turned the faucet off.

I am appalled at his very casual attire, faded jeans and a faded polo that was not tucked in. I was surprised that JP didn't say something as he had addressed proper courtroom dress when he took over this case. (Same for Mallory for wearing shorts).

Wonder if they were trying to show their contempt for these court proceedings or is it just a lack of taste? My sixteen year old had to go to the SA's office just to be interviewed on a very minor case and he dressed better than that.

I feel kind of scattered now from listening so hard and trying to catch everything. Lost connection a few times too, and raced back to another live connection.

My question is was LA called to the Anthony House, got there when no one was there, and spent an entire hour at the house with the car in the garage waiting for CA and KC to show up?

LA was also the one that went to pick up the laptop and stuff at TonE's. Makes me realize he was really there before the evidence became evidence at the house and then at TonE's. Whew, that's alot of involvement to try to disengage from. It kind of bothers me that he still may feel more loyal than outrage concerning his sister.

http://www.wesh.com/news/24276106/detail.html

Video located at top left of article. Shows Lee mouthing I love you to KC, and her response after comment by State.

(Note to anyone that may not know, if you click on the little button <at the bottom of the video box> that has a box with arrows coming out of each corner that will make the video very large to after hitting that button and watching the vid on full screen if you want to go back to your desktop just hit your esc button on your keyboard) JFYI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkfloyd44!
Back