1009 users online (178 members and 831 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Media Coverage Past and Present

Was pleased to see Kathy B....front row and center...any links? Also Natisha Lance from NG....but no coverage on NG whatsoever tonite? What gives....? Is this ongoing case not as important anymore? Is it running out of steam? Where was GMA? What will defense do if they can't complain how persecuted their client is in the media anymore?

Also...In Session ended their coverage smack dab in the middle of the whole thing (round 3:30pm)...they never showed the rest of CA or any of LE... and certainly not any of the the rulings.

JVM at least covered it, to some extent...

And for goodness sakes, Fox 35...lost their feed for a good portion of the trial.

All the Orlando TV stations that had supposed streamings...constantly blanked out...with live video/sound....we all had to deal with "buffering"

I am thinking that this isn't such a big deal anymore. The defense has prolonged this into a "who cares anymore?" trial...not a good thing for their client. Notoriety was about the only thing she had going for her. She has even lost most of her "dream tream." I suppose now...they will have to mount a real defense....

Quote Originally Posted by Pattymarie View Post
    Also...In Session ended their coverage smack dab in the middle of the whole thing (round 3:30pm)...they never showed the rest of CA or any of LE... and certainly not any of the the rulings.

JVM at least covered it, to some extent...

All the Orlando stations that had supposed streamings...constantly blanked out...with live video/sound....we all had to deal with "buffering"

I am thinking that this isn't such a big deal anymore. The defense has prolonged this into a "who cares anymore?" trial...not a good thing for their client. Notoriety was about the only thing she had going for her. She has even lost most of her "dream tream." I suppose now...they will have to mount a real defense....
    In Session had been covering the Kananen trial all morning....then began coverage of KC's hearing at noon and then the first half of the hearing. Perhaps it was an issue of the amount of time they had been providing coverage on one day???? In the Kananen trial the accused actually took the stand ....a big shock. Diana Tennis is her attorney.

Given that all their equipment was set up in that courtroom.......it may have been a logistics issue.

Well, those stations in Florida better get-their-sh#t together come trial time ~!!!

Yes, the video reception was awfull, and, I about had a bipolar attack when the FOX feed went into outerspace, then, to only return and go to their live news within about a 5 minute time frame~! {or so it seemed, I was pretty upset, and time had no meaning to me by then, I was MISSING out on stuff~!}

The ustream or whatever it was that I finally was able to watch, kept lagging and stopping, and, the other tv stations, I could never get through the buffering.......oh Lord, what a day....

Don't get me wrong = was gratefull for what I was able to recieve, but good grief, if this is gonna be a normal for the trial......oh........I won't be pretty friends.......

Long gone are the days of Daily NG coverage, Live feeds outside the A home
    ( with the hammers, hoses, signs, demonstrations) Murt...Greta...NG....Larry King...what has happened here?

Is this gonna boil down to just the average murder trial? No more sensationalism? This could be a good thing for the memory of Caylee...

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    In Session had been covering the Kananen trial all morning....then began coverage of KC's hearing at noon and then the first half of the hearing. Perhaps it was an issue of the amount of time they had been providing coverage on one day???? In the Kananen trial the accused actually took the stand ....a big shock. Diana Tennis is her attorney.

Given that all their equipment was set up in that courtroom.......it may have been a logistics issue.

O/T
    I just wanted to let you know that the Kananen trial is a taped trial. I have been fighting myself to take a peek at the verdict. LOL.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    O/T
    I just wanted to let you know that the Kananen trial is a taped trial. I have been fighting myself to take a peek at the verdict. LOL.

I DID NOT KNOW.

So..........I shouldn't peek and tell you???

O/T
    Yep, some of the trials on In Session are months old. Like ICA's trial, they will tell the listener it is live, blah-blah-blah with all sorts of misinformation. Then the talking heads get on with their blah-blah-blah, then the hosts with their .....BOMB SHELL tonight .... We just got this information from Websleuths and confirmed it with them ......... stuff.

This trial took place in March 2010, and no I won't reveal the verdict even if you stick tacks under my nails.

Do you all see where I am going with this? One of the main defense strategies is that their client has been "persecuted" in the media. What if the media doesn't care anymore?

O/T
    I didn't know that, but I will say I did peek, and I am shocked
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    I DID NOT KNOW.

So..........I shouldn't peek and tell you???
    I couldn't resist...I did peek a couple weeks ago--ONLY BECAUSE I didn't know it was done---I was trying to get background info....so technically it was tru tv fault by only letting me know a portion of the background....

Well give them credit...they do react like it new news....
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Pattymarie View Post
    Do you all see where I am going with this? One of the main defense strategies is that their client has been "persecuted" in the media. What if the media doesn't care anymore?
    Here is a quesiton....did JB do a media interview yesterday after the trial? ????? I heard Beth G mention it---he was also sitting next to her while she was filling in JVM--it kinda appeared goofy....especially since he still has all that doc dump (5,000 pages --- count them----think most of us went thru them in a day --- two at the most -- determined they really weren't all that much ('cept immediate family) he is still miffed about...how long does it take someone to go thru things? Then in court its like they never read what is out there---they both were way off yesterday...
    jmo

I missed the live coverage yesterday and couldn't wait to watch video of the whole hearing on my computer this morning. I've always been able to that, but this time I don't see it on any of the news websites. Only raw footage of KC entering court and news stories. Sometimes Patty posts it on you tube, but don't see that either. Is it posted anywhere? TIA
    Last edited by knt; 07-16-2010 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    Here is a quesiton....did JB do a media interview yesterday after the trial? ????? I heard Beth G mention it---he was also sitting next to her while she was filling in JVM--it kinda appeared goofy....especially since he still has all that doc dump (5,000 pages --- count them----think most of us went thru them in a day --- two at the most -- determined they really weren't all that much ('cept immediate family) he is still miffed about...how long does it take someone to go thru things? Then in court its like they never read what is out there---they both were way off yesterday...
    BIU by be...

Well....it's not so much about the time to go through things but rather the motivation to go through things. Given that the defense failed to recognize (until the day before the hearing) that the SA's citing of Hutchinson was for the purpose of demonstrating their argument had been previously denied.....I'm thinking they don't take time to read.

I found it interesting that the Kanenen trial (currently being covered by In Session) was held right in Orlando and the deceased was found with duct tape over her mouth and nose.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast