Media Coverage Past and Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattymarie

Reaction score
Was pleased to see Kathy B....front row and center...any links? Also Natisha Lance from NG....but no coverage on NG whatsoever tonite? What gives....? Is this ongoing case not as important anymore? Is it running out of steam? Where was GMA? What will defense do if they can't complain how persecuted their client is in the media anymore?

Also...In Session ended their coverage smack dab in the middle of the whole thing (round 3:30pm)...they never showed the rest of CA or any of LE... and certainly not any of the the rulings.

JVM at least covered it, to some extent...

And for goodness sakes, Fox 35...lost their feed for a good portion of the trial.

All the Orlando TV stations that had supposed streamings...constantly blanked out...with live video/sound....we all had to deal with "buffering"

I am thinking that this isn't such a big deal anymore. The defense has prolonged this into a "who cares anymore?" trial...not a good thing for their client. Notoriety was about the only thing she had going for her. She has even lost most of her "dream tream." I suppose now...they will have to mount a real defense....

Also...In Session ended their coverage smack dab in the middle of the whole thing (round 3:30pm)...they never showed the rest of CA or any of LE... and certainly not any of the the rulings.

All the Orlando stations that had supposed streamings...constantly blanked out...with live video/sound....we all had to deal with "buffering"

I am thinking that this isn't such a big deal anymore. The defense has prolonged this into a "who cares anymore?" trial...not a good thing for their client. Notoriety was about the only thing she had going for her. She has even lost most of her "dream tream." I suppose now...they will have to mount a real defense....

In Session had been covering the Kananen trial all morning....then began coverage of KC's hearing at noon and then the first half of the hearing. Perhaps it was an issue of the amount of time they had been providing coverage on one day???? In the Kananen trial the accused actually took the stand ....a big shock. Diana Tennis is her attorney.

Given that all their equipment was set up in that courtroom.......it may have been a logistics issue.

Well, those stations in Florida better get-their-sh#t together come trial time ~!!!

Yes, the video reception was awfull, and, I about had a bipolar attack when the FOX feed went into outerspace, then, to only return and go to their live news within about a 5 minute time frame~! {or so it seemed, I was pretty upset, and time had no meaning to me by then, I was MISSING out on stuff~!}

The ustream or whatever it was that I finally was able to watch, kept lagging and stopping, and, the other tv stations, I could never get through the buffering.......oh Lord, what a day....

Don't get me wrong = was gratefull for what I was able to recieve, but good grief, if this is gonna be a normal for the trial......oh........I won't be pretty friends.......

Long gone are the days of Daily NG coverage, Live feeds outside the A home
( with the hammers, hoses, signs, demonstrations) Murt...Greta...NG....Larry King...what has happened here?

Is this gonna boil down to just the average murder trial? No more sensationalism? This could be a good thing for the memory of Caylee...

In Session had been covering the Kananen trial all morning....then began coverage of KC's hearing at noon and then the first half of the hearing. Perhaps it was an issue of the amount of time they had been providing coverage on one day???? In the Kananen trial the accused actually took the stand ....a big shock. Diana Tennis is her attorney.

Given that all their equipment was set up in that courtroom.......it may have been a logistics issue.

O/T
I just wanted to let you know that the Kananen trial is a taped trial. I have been fighting myself to take a peek at the verdict. LOL.

O/T
I just wanted to let you know that the Kananen trial is a taped trial. I have been fighting myself to take a peek at the verdict. LOL.

I DID NOT KNOW.

So..........I shouldn't peek and tell you??? :waitasec:

O/T

Yep, some of the trials on In Session are months old. Like ICA's trial, they will tell the listener it is live, blah-blah-blah with all sorts of misinformation. Then the talking heads get on with their blah-blah-blah, then the hosts with their .....BOMB SHELL tonight .... We just got this information from Websleuths and confirmed it with them ......... stuff.

This trial took place in March 2010, and no I won't reveal the verdict even if you stick tacks under my nails.

Do you all see where I am going with this? One of the main defense strategies is that their client has been "persecuted" in the media. What if the media doesn't care anymore?

O/T
I didn't know that, but I will say I did peek, and I am shocked

I DID NOT KNOW.

So..........I shouldn't peek and tell you??? :waitasec:

I couldn't resist...I did peek a couple weeks ago--ONLY BECAUSE I didn't know it was done---I was trying to get background info....so technically it was tru tv fault by only letting me know a portion of the background....

Well give them credit...they do react like it new news....

Do you all see where I am going with this? One of the main defense strategies is that their client has been "persecuted" in the media. What if the media doesn't care anymore?

Here is a quesiton....did JB do a media interview yesterday after the trial? ????? I heard Beth G mention it---he was also sitting next to her while she was filling in JVM--it kinda appeared goofy....especially since he still has all that doc dump (5,000 pages --- count them----think most of us went thru them in a day --- two at the most -- determined they really weren't all that much ('cept immediate family) he is still miffed about...how long does it take someone to go thru things? Then in court its like they never read what is out there---they both were way off yesterday...

I missed the live coverage yesterday and couldn't wait to watch video of the whole hearing on my computer this morning. I've always been able to that, but this time I don't see it on any of the news websites. Only raw footage of KC entering court and news stories. Sometimes Patty posts it on you tube, but don't see that either. Is it posted anywhere? TIA

Here is a quesiton....did JB do a media interview yesterday after the trial? ????? I heard Beth G mention it---he was also sitting next to her while she was filling in JVM--it kinda appeared goofy....especially since he still has all that doc dump (5,000 pages --- count them----think most of us went thru them in a day --- two at the most -- determined they really weren't all that much ('cept immediate family) he is still miffed about...how long does it take someone to go thru things? Then in court its like they never read what is out there---they both were way off yesterday...

BIU by be...

Well....it's not so much about the time to go through things but rather the motivation to go through things. Given that the defense failed to recognize (until the day before the hearing) that the SA's citing of Hutchinson was for the purpose of demonstrating their argument had been previously denied.....I'm thinking they don't take time to read.

I found it interesting that the Kanenen trial (currently being covered by In Session) was held right in Orlando and the deceased was found with duct tape over her mouth and nose.

BIU by be...

Well....it's not so much about the time to go through things but rather the motivation to go through things. Given that the defense failed to recognize (until the day before the hearing) that the SA's citing of Hutchinson was for the purpose of demonstrating their argument had been previously denied.....I'm thinking they don't take time to read.

Well that was painfully obvious yesterday watching the defense---seemed like they were in shock whenever the facts/evidence/prior depos were being read....they seem to forget to do their homework....

In Session is covering the hearing today - starting at 9am ET I believe. Clips and analysis. Then have to end their show at normal time every day - they have other shows that paid for their slots and can't just break into them.

Long gone are the days of Daily NG coverage, Live feeds outside the A home
( with the hammers, hoses, signs, demonstrations) Murt...Greta...NG....Larry King...what has happened here?

Is this gonna boil down to just the average murder trial? No more sensationalism? This could be a good thing for the memory of Caylee...

Yep. Just an average murder trial, as it should be.

I think viewers have lost interest, they know just will done, whenever. Plus it is painful to watch JB yammer on, lol!

And for goodness sakes, Fox 35...lost their feed for a good portion of the trial.

All the Orlando TV stations that had supposed streamings...constantly blanked out...with live video/sound....we all had to deal with "buffering"

There was a huge thunderstorm in the Orlando area at about that time. I think they lost the feed due to the weather. Believe me I saw swarms of media people in and around that courtroom. InSession has a whole live set with a stage set up across the street in a vacant lot. I'm sure the loss of the video/sound was because of the storm and not because they didn't care.

Yes, he did but I haven't had a chance to look for it. We passed by a knot of media with him on camera in the front of the courthouse as we were leaving. The courthouse closes at 5 and it was after 6 when the hearing let out. Most likely it made all their videos and live reporting late and sometimes they don't post the videos until after a live report. Look for it on the local news sites sometime today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine