Tractor Trailer Crash Shuts Down I-85

LookingUp

Reaction score
It sure is... Son said he got off at 316 due to notices of overturned truck on I-85 and that 316 is jam packed, bumper to bumper as a result so he got off of 316 and is taking backroads now and they are overly crowded due to Friday traffic and the accident.

I hate driving around tractor trailers. We just had a fatal accident last week. A car had stalled and the tractor trailer just plowed right into it. I honestly think they drive too fast, take too many chances and drive to closely to other vehicles. JMO.

I hope no one was hurt in this crash.

It sure is... Son said he got off at 316 due to notices of overturned truck on I-85 and that 316 is jam packed, bumper to bumper as a result so he got off of 316 and is taking backroads now and they are overly crowded due to Friday traffic and the accident.

Wow ... what a mess! Makes a long day even longer for your son and GA commuters, eh?
I hope this clears up quickly for you all so that you can get on with your weekend!

I hate driving around tractor trailers. We just had a fatal accident last week. A car had stalled and the tractor trailer just plowed right into it. I honestly think they drive too fast, take too many chances and drive to closely to other vehicles. JMO.

I hope no one was hurt in this crash.

I share your sentiments Lizzybeth. What gets me is when semi(s) lose tire treads all over the highway. With all those wheels ... the driver seldom knows when a tire blows and the unwary motorist comes up on strips of shreaded tire pieces, swerving all over the place to avoid hitting the debris. Scary!
Not sure of any injuries due to this accident ... I, too, hope there are none!

The worst thing about Atlanta is its traffic - and something like this makes it impossible! DH and I are going out tonight - but nowhere near I-85, thank goodness.

I share your sentiments Lizzybeth. What gets me is when semi(s) lose tire treads all over the highway. With all those wheels ... the driver seldom knows when a tire blows and the unwary motorist comes up on strips of shreaded tire pieces, swerving all over the place to avoid hitting the debris. Scary!
Not sure of any injuries due to this accident ... I, too, hope there are none!

That is why they should not allow tractor trailers to use retreaded tires. I met a man who had his leg almost cut off due to the retread flying off the tractor trailer and though his leg. He was on his motorcyle.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back