1026 users online (238 members and 788 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CA - Reza Dana, 33, Escondido, 15 July 2010

I just received this as an email alert from Nixle. He disappeared while out jogging with a friend in the Mountain Meadows area of Escondido. He has only been in the United States for one week and is not familiar with the Escondido area. He did not have a cell phone, money, identification or water with him. Also adding to the urgency is the temperature in the area has been near 100 degrees.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/2855928/

Also from North County Times:

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sd...5187a0cac.html

NBC San Diego:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...-98639489.html

***Note: Nixle had the day he went missing as July 10th. However, this appears to be an error. From all news accounts he went missing on July 15th.***
    Last edited by Salem; 07-19-2010 at 03:10 PM.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...-98639489.html

The sheriff's office said Reza Lavasani-Dana, a 33-year-old man of Middle Eastern descent who has lived in Sweden for the last 20 years, was last seen at about 1:30 p.m. near Mountain Meadow Road and Meadow Glen Way north of Escondido. Investigators said he was jogging with his friend when the two split up around 11 a.m. and the friend returned home.

Source: Tourist Went Jogging, Never Came Back | NBC San Diego

I was struck by the news report that says
    Reza went jogging with a friend in the morning.
    11:00am Reza and friend split up their jogging.
    1:30pm Reza was seen.
    3:45pm friend reports Reza missing.

Reza could not have been jogging since mid morning til 1;30pm.
    Could he?
    It is hot hot out there.

News also reporting that Reza did not have friends here.
    Little confused.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Of great concern is this story that also occurred today about a body found in a burned car this morning. The body was of a man and LE has not ruled out that it is the missing jogger. The location was on San Pasqual Rd. near Lake Hodges in Escondido. The distance from where the jogger was last seen and where the body was found is approximately 12 miles.

http://www.10news.com/news/24281192/detail.html
    Last edited by Nancy2441; 07-17-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

CA - Reza Lavasani Dana - 33 years old - Escondido - 15 July 2010 - Missing from jog

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego County Sheriff's deputies are searched Friday night for a tourist who went jogging in Escondido Thursday but never returned.

Friends of Reza Lavasani Dana, a 33-year-old Swedish...

http://www.10news.com/news/24289807/detail.html

Maybe related...
    http://www.10news.com/news/24281192/detail.html

Body Found Inside Burned Car Prompts Police Probe
    Vehicle Found In Dirt Lot In San Pasqual Area

POSTED: 4:18 am PDT July 16, 2010
    UPDATED: 5:09 pm PDT July 16, 2010

SAN DIEGO -- Crews extinguishing a possible arson fire that engulfed a car parked in a dirt lot off a rural San Pasqual-area road early Friday found the charred body of an unidentified man inside...

This is about 11 miles from where he disappeared.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 07-23-2010 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Changed the title of thread to include name and date missing
    Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

The search resumed at 7:00 AM today.

Here's a video from CBS San Diego that gives you a good view of the area.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12821870

I have a question for anyone familiar with this area or is local to it.

What is the ambient climate like? (I know I could google it but I wanted to hear from someone who knows) is it arid? I know it's hot but what is the humidity like?

Also, in that area he has gone missing, is there trees like on the video? Could he find shelter from the sun under a tree or elsewhere? Also, do you think there are streams or other water sources he could drink from?

And lastly, what wildlife is found out there? Any large predators? TIA for helping me to understand this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I have a question for anyone familiar with this area or is local to it.

What is the ambient climate like? (I know I could google it but I wanted to hear from someone who knows) is it arid? I know it's hot but what is the humidity like?

Also, in that area he has gone missing, is there trees like on the video? Could he find shelter from the sun under a tree or elsewhere? Also, do you think there are streams or other water sources he could drink from?

And lastly, what wildlife is found out there? Any large predators? TIA for helping me to understand this area.
    Hi Kat, I live in Fallbrook just north of Escondido. The area is humid right now. The heat today was high 90's.

There are trees in the residential area where his friend lives, but if you go past that the area it becomes very rugged terrain. I am not aware of any water sources in that area. There are a few lakes in Escondido. But they would be some distance... probably 10 miles away.

There is definitely wildlife, coyotes, mountain lions, and especially at this time of year rattlesnakes. Even the searches have to be really careful of the rattlesnake danger there.

I just watched CBS San Diego News. He was not found. They have now called off any further searches, although the Sheriffs Dept. is still investigating his disappearance. They reason they will not be doing any more searches is because no one could survive in the heat over 48 hours without any water. Sad...

www.cbs8.com
    Last edited by Nancy2441; 07-17-2010 at 08:31 PM.

I'm still waiting for the person found in the burned car to be identified. That seems like a huge coincidence to have this person last seen on Thursday afternoon, then @ 1:00 AM Friday there is a car 12 miles away that's been torched with the body of a man inside.

Also I'm curious about this quote from San Diego 6 news:
    "They have suspended the search this afternoon," sheriff's Lt. Jim Nolan said. "Detectives are to follow other leads."

I wonder what this means. If they feel he went out for a jog and perished in the heat why are detectives following other leads? Hmm.

www.sandiego6.com

Deputies Call Off Search For Missing Vacationer

http://www.10news.com/news/24297605/detail.html

Reza Lavasani Dana Last Seen Jogging In Escondido
    POSTED: 5:53 pm PDT July 17, 2010
    UPDATED: 6:02 pm PDT July 17, 2010

ESCONDIDO, Calif. -- The search for missing Swedish citizen Reza Lavasani Dana was called off on Saturday for reasons including a lack of evidence and the safety of those searching for him.

Lavasani Dana disappeared on Thursday after going for a run in the Hidden Meadows area in north Escondido.
    <snipped>

Early Friday morning homicide detectives responded to a call of a burned body inside a burning car also in Escondido. 10News has confirmed it was a man's body, but the sheriff's department said there is no connection to the missing jogger at this time.

Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
    Hi Nancy,

I already started a thread concerning this young man. Maybe the threads should be combined.

Did you see the man that Reza was staying with interviewed on TV? He didn't seem very concerned about his friend, IMO.

I live in the area where the young man went missing. Last night I had dinner with several neighbors and the consensus among us was that the disappearance seems hinky. Why would he continue jogging when it was so hot that day? It was already very hot by 11:00 a.m. He should have been able to jog as much as he wanted without really getting off into the brush or remote areas. Strange.

Invisible can you bring the link from where you started another thread please so we can find it more easily? TIA!

CA CA - Escondido-Reza Lavasani Dana (33) Tourist missing from jog - July 15, 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Oops, no wonder I didn't see it...it was in the Missing Persons Information and Support Forum.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 09:23 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

No Where to Search

http://rss.msnbc.msn.com/id/38301357...-san_diego_ca/

by Eric S. Page and Lindsay Hood
    NBCSanDiego.com
    updated 43 minutes ago

The search for a missing tourist ended early Sunday, because sheriff's deputies say they don't have anywhere to search. The plan is to resume the search Monday with special search dogs, deputies said.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast