1315 users online (261 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A Griffin, Oregonian: Kyron Horman has gone from tragic missing-boy case to tabloid

I thought this beautifully written piece deserved a thread of its own.

to Anna Griffin of The Oregonian...

Kyron Horman has gone from tragic missing-boy case to tabloid sideshow
    Anna Griffin, The Oregonian
    Posted: 07/16/2010 5:29 PM

Six weeks after Kyron Horman disappeared, we still have no clue where the little boy went or whether he's alive.

Certain things have become clear, though. The fact, for example, that there is only one truly innocent victim in this mess.

Two if you count Kyron's baby sister.

This began as a sad, terrifying story about a boy who vanished. It has devolved into a domestic dispute, admittedly one with enough juicy detail to attract People magazine and the major TV networks.

Despite almost a half-million dollars spent on the search by Multnomah County taxpayers, we know only the barest details of Kyron's last morning at home. Despite countless hours of TV time and newsprint pages, we know little about the boy, beyond that he's allergic to bees, has a birthmark on his forehead and loves sushi.

We know plenty, however, about Terri and Kaine Horman's failed marriage, their gym habits, his claims she suffered from severe postpartum depression. We know biological mother Desiree Young says she suspected the worst of her former husband's new wife even before Kyron disappeared.

more...

http://mobile.oregonlive.com/advorg/...l=true#display

God bless you, Kyron.

The problem is that all this talk about who lives where and who took pictures of what distracts from another central fact:

Kyron is still out there. He's at the bottom of a river or screaming for help in a basement or, let's dream a little, eating ice cream, watching SpongeBob and enjoying a respite from the messed-up world we adults made for him.

That boy -- getting him home or getting justice in his name -- is really the only thing that matters. Everything else is white noise, not news.

Good on Anna Griffin. I like it a lot. A lot, a lot, a lot. And it needed to be said.

Red-eyed tree frogs have been trumped by randy text messages. This is no longer just sad. Now it's also disgusting.

I can't stop crying. Crying for Kyron.

Where is he? Where is Kyron? What happened to him?

[QUOTE=BeanE;5417274]The problem is that all this talk about who lives where and who took pictures of what distracts from another central fact:

Kyron is still out there. He's at the bottom of a river or screaming for help in a basement or, let's dream a little, eating ice cream, watching SpongeBob and enjoying a respite from the messed-up world we adults made for him.

That boy -- getting him home or getting justice in his name -- is really the only thing that matters. Everything else is white noise, not news.

[/This says it all,and so so well!

Thank you Anna Griffin!

What is so sad is that if it weren't for all the drama his story would probably would have faded by now.

{{{KYRON}}}

We are still praying for you, sweet boy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    The problem is that all this talk about who lives where and who took pictures of what distracts from another central fact:

Amen!!

sleuthy sleutherson is offline Love is patient, love is kind, love is not envious, boastful, arrogant or rude
    Yes, where is Kyron, that is really all that matters. I don't care about TH and her awful taste in sexting her husbands friend. I don't know if Kaine was having an affair but if so, shame on him. And I really don't fault TY for voicing her opinion, she is his mom and I'm sure has plenty of venting to do about TH being the other woman in her son's life.

This is unfortunatley what happens when someone goes missing, everyones dirty laundry gets aired for the whole world to see, it's out there for us to analyze & criticize and the focus of the most important issue, where is and what happened to Kyron gets lost in all this mess of finger pointing and broken family issues.
    Our lives begin to end the day we become
    silent about things that matter

I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be "happy."
    I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible,
    to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter:
    to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all

Loved the article. So much so, I made the last paragraph my sig.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

Ain't it the sad truth {{{{{{{ Kyron}}}}}}}} where are you baby boy?? You are sooo missed
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    What is so sad is that if it weren't for all the drama his story would probably would have faded by now.
    I completely agree with you. I disagree with Anna Griffin's article in that respect...this has kept Kyron on front pages and that is good for Kyron. I don't think his disappearance was ever going to become Natalee Holloway, very few do, so no matter how unseemly this is there is still very important good coming out of it.

Also, whether you agree with the strategy or not, the tabloidesque side of the story may suit LE's efforts to put the screws to Terri.

I think all this is definitely a mixed bag, not a clear-cut good or bad thing.

But what can you do? I mean, the reasons for not letting out info is that LE is ON Kyron's disappearance. So, what does that leave for news? Salacious details. It doesn't get my sleuthy bug a-goin', but it does add to gossip and talk. So, where does that leave sleuthing? Nowhere. I lurk for this reason. I want Kyron home.
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

kileyizzle is offline ♥ we have but two lives. The life we learn with, & the life after that ♥
    wow.. absolutely beautiful article.. it needed to be said.

Sadly - Even with a child in the balance - the news is just the same as any other television show and it's plots for ratings - Scandals sell... There will be positive and negatives with media coverage as without.

As long as Kyrons face is still being seen that is all that matters - Because the last thing anybody is going to think about when and if they see his face is the private lives of his parents...

just beautiful.. story

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast