683 users online (62 members and 621 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 573
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,817

    IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

    Please continue here:

    thread 3



    Originally posted by Tricia. Carrying over to the new thread.



    Dear Websleuths Members,

    We have a problem with this discussion. I know we can work it out so the discussion can continue without us having to pull the thread for review or having to ban people.



    The only people who need to be verified are those who actually know the main people involved. If you are good friends with Beth's kindergarten teacher then you do not need to be verified. If you are best friend's with Beth's best friend's cousin, you do not need to be verified.

    If you know and have contact with any of the main people in the case and you want to post about it then you need to be verified. Or if you work directly with any of them. My point is it needs to be direct social or business contact for you to be verified.

    You need to be verified if you say you are related to the main people involved in the case.

    The verification process is very simple. I have to know your real name and talk to you on the phone. NO ONE will have the information but me.

    Let me stress that this verification process is not perfect and people can slip through but short of hiring a private detective this is the best we can do.

    If someone who is verified posts something you must always understand that there is a chance, even though they have been verified, that they may not be who they say they are. It's the chance we have to take.


    Please email me if you feel you want to post about your personal experience in the case and need to be verified. tgrif@xmission.com



    We do not allow Gossip and that's how we differ from the other websites.

    Definition of Gossip; "A person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others. "

    I disagree a bit with the official definition. You can gossip just once in your life and it can have devastating effects. You don't need to be habitual.

    We deal in facts and theories as long as the theories are not ridiculous or state as fact that someone is guilty of a crime when they have not been convicted. We look at the evidence and information provided to us (mostly) by the main stream media and discuss it. That is what we do.



    In the Casey Anthony case her lawyer is named Jose Baez. People call him "Jose Bozo." We put a stop to it because it does nothing to advance the discussion.

    In cases such as Beth's where the news is now down to a trickle it is difficult to keep the conversation going. It's time like this where posters tend to get personal and argue.

    Please, as owner I really want to keep Beth's case out there, but I will pull the thread and the discussion if the rules cannot be followed.

    Take a look at our TERMS OF SERVICE


    But I'll make it easy for you.

    Don't be a jerk.
    Don't call anyone a name.
    Don't gossip
    Be respectful
    Don't drag names of innocent people out and plaster them all over the Internet.
    Do post and discuss and theorize and enjoy yourselves.

    If you have any questions feel free to email me or PM me.
    tgrif@xmission.com

    Sincerely,
    Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com
    __________________
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-23-2015 at 04:32 AM. Reason: fixed broken links
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,817
    Additional rules and info.

    No sleuthing WS members. Please do not ask who, or speculate our members identities. We value our members privacy.

    What everyone wishes to discuss or reveal about their true identities outside of the WS forum is ok. However that should be a personal decision based on what personal information one is willing to share or reveal about themself online.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    Under NO circumstances is it permitted to bring any spillover fights, disagreements or complaints FROM FaceBook or other social networking sites or forums to Websleuths. Your concerns with other forums need to be addressed with the admin or moderators at those forums not at Websleuths.

    This is a discussion forum where ALL opinion within TOS is acceptable. Theories will be presented, people will disagree. If you disagree with a theory reply respectfully with why you disagree. Do not complain about the direction the thread is moving or the theories being presented. If you believe a post is of concern do not quote and requote it, use the alert button and let the moderators take care of it.

    Members who are repeatedly violating TOS after receiving pms regarding problematic posts will be recommended for time outs.

    Thank you

    Cubby
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    224
    Haha I almost never found this I am not use to finding things on WS yet


    Hmm

    I totally agree we have 3 interest to look at, I have never felt was just JW, IMO just seem like the two of them are sitting back and letting her take all the heat. I always look at the ones sitting back watching.

    I know very little about NR but if you missed my post on part 3 page 16 #387 you might want to look at it while you are catching up on the thread.

    Welcome Jeni, also great to have another viewpoint

    You ask a question in the other thread if BB was ever verified as being in Mt Vernon & Centrailia area yes it has been verified she did go down south that weekend.

    Cubby did you by chance go to the fundraiser last night? Just wondered what your take on the event was if you did?

    I was told no press showed for the event
    Last edited by Paschein; 07-17-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: added comment

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mt.Vernon,IL
    Posts
    133
    Paschein.....If it is allowed and you don't mind could you explain all the astrology info. to those of us out here that don't understand. I know nothing at all about it. I have read it but just don't understand all the terms used. Thank you

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Getting the facts
    Posts
    2,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Paschein View Post
    Haha I almost never found this I am not use to finding things on WS yet


    Hmm

    I totally agree we have 3 interest to look at, I have never felt was just JW, IMO just seem like the two of them are sitting back and letting her take all the heat. I always look at the ones sitting back watching.

    I know very little about NR but if you missed my post on part 3 page 16 #387 you might want to look at it while you are catching up on the thread.

    Welcome Jeni, also great to have another viewpoint

    You ask a question in the other thread if BB was ever verified as being in Mt Vernon & Centrailia area yes it has been verified she did go down south that weekend.

    Cubby did you by chance go to the fundraiser last night? Just wondered what your take on the event was if you did?

    I was told no press showed for the event
    BBM

    Doesn't seem that strange that the media did not show up to me. There is nothing new to report.

    It would have been nice if a article or news clip could have been shown on some of the area TV stations to maybe breath some fire into this case. But with little information from LE the media has nothing interesting to report and I would assume they do not want to waste air time or news print on the story which is sad but the truth. I'm wondering if LE was present. I would assume not since they would not want to make a question and answer session out of the fund raiser or put themselves in that position. But I could be wrong.

    There is also a post on the discussion area of the fb page under family fundraiser that suggest the turn out at the fundraiser was less then maybe anticipated.

    I can say....I it would have been nice if there were MORE (Paraphrased)
    Last edited by Joe Friday; 07-17-2010 at 12:33 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Paschein View Post
    Haha I almost never found this I am not use to finding things on WS yet


    Hmm

    I totally agree we have 3 interest to look at, I have never felt was just JW, IMO just seem like the two of them are sitting back and letting her take all the heat. I always look at the ones sitting back watching.

    I know very little about NR but if you missed my post on part 3 page 16 #387 you might want to look at it while you are catching up on the thread.

    Welcome Jeni, also great to have another viewpoint

    You ask a question in the other thread if BB was ever verified as being in Mt Vernon & Centrailia area yes it has been verified she did go down south that weekend.

    Cubby did you by chance go to the fundraiser last night? Just wondered what your take on the event was if you did?

    I was told no press showed for the event
    Did not attend the fundraiser. I'm in DuPage and an SP with a little one so getting a sitter doesn't happen that often. Maybe the next one. I do hope it was a success!
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,817
    Quote Originally Posted by snowzbunny View Post
    Paschein.....If it is allowed and you don't mind could you explain all the astrology info. to those of us out here that don't understand. I know nothing at all about it. I have read it but just don't understand all the terms used. Thank you
    The forensic astrology discussion has to stay in that thread/forum.

    For those of you interested here is the link.

    Forensic Astrology - BETH BENTLEY last heard from 5/23/2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-28-2015 at 10:34 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
    BBM

    Doesn't seem that strange that the media did not show up to me. There is nothing new to report.

    I would have been nice if a article or news clip could have been shown on some of the area TV stations to maybe breath some fire into this case. But with little information from LE the media has nothing interesting to report and I would assume they do not want to waste air time or news print on the story which is sad but the truth. I'm wondering if LE was present. I would assume not since they would not want to make a question and answer session out of the fund raiser or put themselves in that position. But I could be wrong.

    There is also a post on the discussion area of the fb page under family fundraiser that suggest the turn out at the fundraiser was less then maybe anticipated.

    I can say....I it would have been nice if there were MORE (Paraphrased)

    I agree about breathing some fire into this case with media attention. Something is going on with the media ignoring this case. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is enough interest in this case to warrant more media attention.

    With regards to the fundraiser possibly being less than anticipated. Respectfully, people are struggling right now with a poor economy. I think it is hard to get people very interested in making donations with the knowledge of Beths spending habits. Since this is a victim friendly forum, I won't further comment on the financial situation of Beth and her family.

    JMHO
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mt.Vernon,IL
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    The forensic astrology discussion has to stay in that thread/forum.

    For those of you interested here is the link.

    Forensic Astrology - BETH BENTLEY last heard from 5/23/2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Thanks Cubby..........I have read that forum, just don't completely understand what I read. Was hoping someone could explain that understands it a little better. Sorry for asking, I didn't know that wasn't allowed! Thank you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,817
    Asking is ok snowzbunny. No need to apologize. I'd rather someone ask.... and always say the only dumb questions are the ones not asked.

    It is good to remind our members Beths case has other threads at WS. The forensic astrology thread I previously linked as well as the following.

    Missing persons family support and info only.
    IL IL - Beth Bentley - 41 years old - Woodstock - 23 May 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community



    IL Bennedetta "Beth" Bentley TIMELINE AND MEDIA LINKS - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-28-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    27
    I have my opinion about our local newspaper her in the north. There is SO much they do not report on, so much that never gets into the newspaper at all, not even a hint of so many things that go on here. I have questioned this for years. I was happily surprised the fundraiser DID get into the newspaper, becuz my personal experience is too often even events do not get reported about before they occur.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Paschein
    This is why she can't be located by her cell phone, my understanding is if you remove the battery, if it was distroyed, in water..etc they can not ping it and locate her.
    After the fact was told had the family gotten another phone and transfer Beth's number to this phone within 3 day, any text message information could have been saved. After 3 days all that is lost in space."
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hmm
    ***Do you know if BB used i-tunes?***


    I am carrying over from last thread. There is a specific reason I am asking if she used i-tunes on her i-phone.

    Perhaps she loaded songs before trip.

    I will disclose why I ask after question is answered.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer_cb View Post
    I have my opinion about our local newspaper her in the north. There is SO much they do not report on, so much that never gets into the newspaper at all, not even a hint of so many things that go on here. I have questioned this for years. I was happily surprised the fundraiser DID get into the newspaper, becuz my personal experience is too often even events do not get reported about before they occur.
    Can you tell me what paper the fundraiser got in? Maybe I can find an online version?

    Spoke to AGM a bit ago seems the fundraiser went better than expected many new faces so that is good, I was happy to hear about that.


    Hmm I will ask about the iTunes because I am not sure

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    108

    Spooning, new druggie term

    I have a dear friend who is not a member here, so she asked me to add "her input" regarding Beth's March 17 facebook comments. My friend use to be a drug user, and often had bad trips, she and her bbf's would check into hotels to party, several times she overdosed, and her more "experienced" friends would lay her on her side (so if she vomited she would not choke), then they would take turns spooning with her to keep her body warm, rubbing her back and stomach, making her sip gatoraid, sometimes for hours, or until the next day. She told me the next day they would sometimes make crude jokes about "sleeping" together, or "spooning" all night, kinda like it was another term for "I Od'ed".

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mt.Vernon,IL
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Paschein View Post
    Can you tell me what paper the fundraiser got in? Maybe I can find an online version?

    Spoke to AGM a bit ago seems the fundraiser went better than expected many new faces so that is good, I was happy to hear about that.


    Hmm I will ask about the iTunes because I am not sure
    It was the Northwest Herald, it was on the FB wall down on the left hand side, under LINKS. It was in yesterday July 16 paper.

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 09:32 PM
  2. Replies: 202
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 12:36 AM
  3. Replies: 564
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 09:43 AM
  4. Replies: 538
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 11:07 PM
  5. Replies: 510
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 10:09 AM

Tags for this Thread