1246 users online (212 members and 1034 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Amish shaken by attempted Buggy robbery

Everyday we say "I just can't believe this !!!"
    I am adding this one to list ....GEEEZZZZZZ

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/L...empted-robbery

Local Amish shaken by attempted robbery

Updated: Tuesday, 13 Jul 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
    Published : Monday, 12 Jul 2010, 5:28 PM EDT

LEON, NY (WIVB) - Sunday morning, an Amish couple fell victim to a terrifying crime in the Southern Tier.
    Tonight we're learning more about the case.
    Usually Amish county in Cattaraugus County is picaresque and quiet. So when a crime like this happens in this small, rural - predominately Amish community - it raises eyebrows.
    "Like the Old West when I was a kid. Bandits on the highway," said Leon resident Bill Scherman when describing yesterday's attempted armed robbery of a young, recently married Amish couple, traveling on a road by horse and buggy.
    Scherman continued, "The car had gone down the road and turned around, and came back and pulled right up in front of them and blocked them right, stopped the horse and buggy."
    Authorities say one of the men in the car pulled a gun on the couple and demanded money.
    The Amish woman's father said, "They saw the flame coming out of the barrel." The woman's father did not want to be photographed but continued, "He had the gun right on them and he asked for the wallet. And then when they told him he doesn't have a wallet he just pointed the gun a little beside her, and he fired."
    Authorities say the suspect vehicle is described as a tan full sized car, with 4 men inside.
    Captain Robert Buchhardt of the Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office said, "After about the third time of him demanding money and their wallets from them they explained to the people in the car that they did not carry wallets and they did not have any money."
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard

Quote Originally Posted by GetSmart View Post
    Everyday we say "I just can't believe this !!!"
    I am adding this one to list ....GEEEZZZZZZ

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/L...empted-robbery

Local Amish shaken by attempted robbery

Updated: Tuesday, 13 Jul 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
    Published : Monday, 12 Jul 2010, 5:28 PM EDT

LEON, NY (WIVB) - Sunday morning, an Amish couple fell victim to a terrifying crime in the Southern Tier.
    Tonight we're learning more about the case.
    Usually Amish county in Cattaraugus County is picaresque and quiet. So when a crime like this happens in this small, rural - predominately Amish community - it raises eyebrows.
    "Like the Old West when I was a kid. Bandits on the highway," said Leon resident Bill Scherman when describing yesterday's attempted armed robbery of a young, recently married Amish couple, traveling on a road by horse and buggy.
    Scherman continued, "The car had gone down the road and turned around, and came back and pulled right up in front of them and blocked them right, stopped the horse and buggy."
    Authorities say one of the men in the car pulled a gun on the couple and demanded money.
    The Amish woman's father said, "They saw the flame coming out of the barrel." The woman's father did not want to be photographed but continued, "He had the gun right on them and he asked for the wallet. And then when they told him he doesn't have a wallet he just pointed the gun a little beside her, and he fired."
    Authorities say the suspect vehicle is described as a tan full sized car, with 4 men inside.
    Captain Robert Buchhardt of the Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office said, "After about the third time of him demanding money and their wallets from them they explained to the people in the car that they did not carry wallets and they did not have any money."
    What kind of backward whacko tries to rob the Amish and if they're from that area they didn't know the Amish don't carry loot on them?

Then again and not pertaining to these poor victims there were a few Amish up in Lancaster, PA dealing meth. Several years ago. They probably had money.

Sad though it happening to people that are nonviolent. Your poor young wife gets a loaded pistol pointed at her?

Hopefully they'll get these guys.

Lightbulb Just the facts maam

So, I think I am a super sleuther. I come across this high speed chase with an Amish buggy. I think "Oh this is what Get Smart posted about"

Levi Detweiler got drunk and led police on a high speed chase in his buggy. I see the same town as the buggy hold up. Has this been confused?

I don't think these are both the same and my brain isn't prosessing. Can there be both high speed chases and hold ups in this community of Amish? I don't know. If so is this a fluke? I don't know?

I had thought about Rumspringa in the last case. Mind ya I didn't know how to spell it save for there's cookies with a name like that springelle's I think.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/..._of_the_da.php

What I would give for a video of the "chase." Tee hee. The cop must of thought he was in the twilight zone.