WI - Priest With Prostate Problem Kicked Out Of Waterpark

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Father Patrick Umberger had a season pass to a children's themed water park. While there he repeatedly followed little boys into the men's room. Eagle eyed employees of Noah's Ark called the cops.

O.K. so this was last year. The diocese said he had a prostate problem. The cops said he had child *advertiser censored* on his computer. Busted. Still he was allowed to keep on Priesting until he just got indicted.

So why would a grown man have a pass to a kid's themed water park? If he had this pee problem did he have to go during Mass? Hello!

http://www.jsonline.com/features/religion/98648789.html

Excellent! Father Pat's Place.

http://frpat.com/frpat.htm

Oh the irony. Click on his "Read My Story Why I Became A Priest"

Also he's computer saavy and self-taught. Interesting. He runs a bunch of websites for the Church.

Snipped from above article ... For crying out loud !!

He was also a Scoutmaster. During his teaching years he was a Lector at Church. In the Fall of 1976, after four years of teaching Instrumental and Vocal Music in Wisconsin and Iowa,

Father Pat is involved in ministering to the people of his parish, young and old alike. teaching weekly at Saint Pat's School and eating lunch with them every day he can. In September of 2006 Father Pat was appointed Bishop LIstecki appointed Father Pat Chaplain to Aquinas Middle School in La Crosse. He continues to serve as Pastor of Saint Patrick Parish in Onalaska and is deeply involved in teaching and the daily life of the 206 students of Saint Patrick School as well as the 450 students in Saint Patrick's Religious Education Program..

Father Umberger is sponsoring a trip to Ireland in October. Now, I wonder what happens there? Can he still go? Will people go with him? If he can't go will folks get their money back?

The way I see it if he has to use the men's room that much as he did following those little kids in that park he'll be taking up the bathroom all the way to Ireland.

Of course this is alleged and he's not been to trial yet, but how does that work? How does this Nun who is co-sponsoring the trip with him feel I wonder about the *advertiser censored* and the water park? Did anyone ask him just what in the heck he was doing having a summer pass to a kid's themed water park?

WWJD?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Onalaska-WI/Ireland-2010-with-Fr-Pat-Umberger/274283627013?v=wall#!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Father confessed to State agents that he had anonymous sex with both men and women. I guess you're not going to cop to having anonymous sex with kids even if you did. What does anonymous mean? They didn't know you were a Catholic Priest?

What in the blue blazin?
http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_15541278

I can't even comment on this or I will blow a gasket. It is unending with the priest pedophiles. There are just so many.

I can't even comment on this or I will blow a gasket. It is unending with the priest pedophiles. There are just so many.
And the Church,my Church,has allowed them to not only get away with it but in many cases has facilitated them in doing so AND continues to do so!!:furious:

Just another reason I find it hard to continue to call myself Catholic.
I got divorced so I am no longer allowed communion but pedophiles are a-ok.
The Church is in such denial......this will never end.

this just floors me every time I hear about something like it - and why do I have to keep hearing about things like it??

I'm not religious but I damn sure have morals. so I dont understand how someone who is supposed to follow a god and be kind could be so horrible.

yet I dont understand how moms with toddlers can kill them or let their boyfriends rape their kids or how men can beat their wives, etc. I feel like I dont understand anything these days.

Filly, I think you are just jumping to conclusions. The good Father Pat was never an altar boy (he can't use that for an excuse), liked to help his grandpa on the farm with the animals, AND played the accordion. Sounds like the all-American boy.

Add to that the fact that he ordered his first computer by mail in 1984 (anxious to research theology no doubt) and was completely self-taught. Never took a computer class. That takes a lot of commitment and fortitude.

He's worked in Day Treatment and done thousands of hours of volunteer working assisting parents fight children's drug use. He sits WITH the children of his parish EVERY day for lunch and is deeply involved in the children's daily lives. Every facet of their daily lives.

He even sings in a Barber Shop Quartet and has visited many many countries and amused the children.

And best of all, he drives a Prius and has a cat, Bugle Boy, which keeps the rodent population down to zero at the rectory.

So does that mean that the Father got eaten by the cat? Good kitty.

(Question for the naive one over here. How does one have anonymous sex? Is that like speed dating? I thought the Pope had to bless all sex.)

And the Church,my Church,has allowed them to not only get away with it but in many cases has facilitated them in doing so AND continues to do so!!:furious:

Just another reason I find it hard to continue to call myself Catholic.
I got divorced so I am no longer allowed communion but pedophiles are a-ok.
The Church is in such denial......this will never end.

DENI(a)L(e) is not just a river in Egypt.

"..diocese attorney James Birnbaum called the water park reports an "unsubstantiated allegation."

"The diocese did not impose any restrictions on Umberger's contact with children, "We've never had a complaint about him," Birnbaum said. http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_15541278?nclick_check=1

Huh, what constitutes a complaint? The water park incident was July 2009. So this year, he is caught with kiddie *advertiser censored* on his computer.... but I'm certain that's a big mistake than can be explained. I know, it down-loaded without his knowledge while he stepped away for one of his frequent restroom breaks. The Catholic Church's legal eagles will keep pedi-priests in business as long as the money holds out & the Vatican has an endless supply of $$$$$$$..... ( A very good friend was molested by his parish priest & this is a sore subject to me.)

I will just say that there are pedophiles in every religion, not just the Catholics.

Astrella--I was born and raised a good Baptist girl and can vouch for that statement!! Every religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, profession, and socio-economic level. They are every where, sadly.

I am just continuously flabbergasted by the audacity of some pedophiles. So many are outrageous self-promoters, aren't they? I sometimes think they honestly believe that they can balance the good they do with the evil they commit.

I will just say that there are pedophiles in every religion, not just the Catholics.

Mea culpa. You are absolutely correct. Re-reading my previous comment, my tone was harsh & acusatory. I apologize to you Astrella & anyone else I offended. I am truly sorry for having been so insensitive.

ETA: to Astrella, I wanted to apologize on your page too, but it's not set up for messages. I hope you return to this thread & find this.

Yep, I can't tell you how many "Youth Pastor" assaults children threads I've started. Lots of them. If I see it I post it.

NoZ I am very sorry for your dear friend.

VespaElf if you're not remarried you can still go to communion I believe. Just thought I'd fill you in.;) The Church doesn't recognize divorce. Then again you could pay for an annulment. I think that's how it was explained to me.

Mea culpa. You are absolutely correct. Re-reading my previous comment, my tone was harsh & acusatory. I apologize to you Astrella & anyone else I offended. I am truly sorry for having been so insensitive.

ETA: to Astrella, I wanted to apologize on your page too, but it's not set up for messages. I hope you return to this thread & find this.

My post was not directed to anyone, just general comment. Seems like when it is a Catholic priest, a big deal is made out of it but unfortunately these things go on all the time but when it's other religions we don't seem to hear about it as much as the Catholics. IMO, doesn't matter what or who they are they are all looking the same to me.

Not sure what you mean about the messages, I do get pm's so don't know why you had a problem, thanks.

DENI(a)L(e) is not just a river in Egypt.

"..diocese attorney James Birnbaum called the water park reports an "unsubstantiated allegation."

"The diocese did not impose any restrictions on Umberger's contact with children, "We've never had a complaint about him," Birnbaum said. http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_15541278?nclick_check=1

Huh, what constitutes a complaint? The water park incident was July 2009. So this year, he is caught with kiddie *advertiser censored* on his computer.... but I'm certain that's a big mistake than can be explained. I know, it down-loaded without his knowledge while he stepped away for one of his frequent restroom breaks. The Catholic Church's legal eagles will keep pedi-priests in business as long as the money holds out & the Vatican has an endless supply of $$$$$$$..... ( A very good friend was molested by his parish priest & this is a sore subject to me.)

Very sorry this happened to your friend.

There are pedophiles in every walk of life including all religious groups. What sets the Catholic situation apart, IMHO, is the fact the church knew about their priest's behaviors and passed them from church to church for years. Telling a pedophile not to offend doesn't work and never will. And letting them go again amongst the innocent just empowers them. I am sure other denominations are guilty of similar behaviors but, so far, it does not seem on the scale of the Catholic church. This is not a reflection of the devoted that practice their faith in truth and conviction but on an organization, any organization, that sets their "system" as more important than the individuals they serve. Not sure we have any "systems" or organizations that would do any different especially if they feared being honest would cost them power, prestige, and financial liability. It seems to only impact the ones in charge when it directly impacts someone they love.

This particular priest either has offended before or was going to offend. My money is he already has. Kids don't tell until they feel they are safe to do so. A priest has a double seal -- he is an adult and he is a priest. And he can't balance his bad behavior with good behavior to justify what he does wrong.

I think anonymous sex means he is picking up men (boys) or male prostitutes and having sex. No names exchanged -- no relationships required. I guess to him it sounds less sleazy to call it anonymous sex.

Ewww. What a skeevy, pervy guy. It sounds nit-picky, but I do have a problem with the original article describing Noah's Ark as a "kids' water park." I've been to Noah's Ark and it's a full-fledged water park for children and adults, so there is nothing particularly wrong with the guy being there. Obviously, his behavior was bizarre enough to trip security and a reasonable investigation of his activities, but I don't think the media does itself favors when it exaggerates the facts. The truth itself is bad enough. Here's the water park's website: http://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/

BTW, what priest has time to have a season pass anywhere?

BTW, what priest has time to have a season pass anywhere?

Geez, I don't know? What's he busy doing? Saying Mass? Hearing Confession? Annointing the sick?

Looks like this one is busy planning trips abroad. Playing his musical instruments and basically BSing people.

A Judge this week will rule if there's enough evidence to send Father Pat to trial. Let's see how this goes. Who defends him? I think he's going to have to save that Ireland trip money if the Church don't get him a lawyer.

http://wcco.com/wireapnewswi/Judge.to.decide.2.1822702.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back