1078 users online (218 members and 860 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559

    Thumbs up Man Helps Catch Burglar From 90 Miles Away!!

    Linkage



    Man Watches Burglary 90 Miles Away; 2 Arrested
    Son In Jacksonville Calls Police About South Daytona Incident

    POSTED: Friday, July 16, 2010
    UPDATED: 7:21 pm EDT July 16, 2010

    SOUTH DAYTONA, Fla. -- A man and woman were arrested Thursday in a burglary of a South Daytona home after another man watched the break-in from Jacksonville via a surveillance camera, police said....

    When you read about what they stole it becomes more perplexing.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,164
    what are xanax & oxycodone prescribed for? just wondering why an elderly couple (their son who watched it is 57 according to the link) would have that in their home

    & why the suspect would only take 1/2 a tablet of each ... wonder if he knows them at all

    once again, drugs wreak havoc

    and I want one of those cameras - only $300? a great investment

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    what are xanax & oxycodone prescribed for? just wondering why an elderly couple (their son who watched it is 57 according to the link) would have that in their home

    & why the suspect would only take 1/2 a tablet of each ... wonder if he knows them at all

    once again, drugs wreak havoc

    and I want one of those cameras - only $300? a great investment
    Xanax is an anti-anxiety med, oxycodone is a painkiller. They're both commonly abused drugs.

    Wow, what a string of lucky events in this story!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by reen View Post
    Xanax is an anti-anxiety med, oxycodone is a painkiller. They're both commonly abused drugs.

    Wow, what a string of lucky events in this story!
    Why not take the whole bottle?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Why not take the whole bottle?
    Who knows WHAT these two were thinking...they also stole fake gold jewelry!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by reen View Post
    Who knows WHAT these two were thinking...they also stole fake gold jewelry!
    OT, but I'd hate to be somebody who has to answer the phones for one of those places that sends you money for gold jewelry. I'd bet A LOT of people send in gold plated crap and think it's real gold. JMO



Similar Threads

  1. AL - Dog: Man's Best Friend? Not when he Helps Police Catch You
    By PastTense in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2014, 10:40 PM
  2. Law and Order fan helps catch criminal
    By kittenish in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 11:48 PM