1396 users online (263 members and 1133 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do you think is going to happen in court 7-19-2010?

We have a court appearance tomorrow? Will it be postponed?

What do you think is going to happen???

He will plea,or it will be continued..

Hi Nurselady! Good to see you!

I'm afraid it will be continued also. <sigh>

Unless they show "grounds" for a continuance; I don't think it will and being the arrogant person he is I would be "highly" surprised he would plea bargain unless he is too scared info regarding Haleigh will come out.

He wont get it continued, didn't they just try that a few weeks back?

I think Monday will be selecting jurors, and trial will start tuesday and wrap up that day.

Or he will plea.

Or he could ask for a trial by judge and not have a jury trial. At that point the trial will move forward and the judge will decide the guilt degree and the sentence as well.

Personally I think if Shoemaker is smart that is what he will have him do. Those videos, particularly the one where he talks to the Undercover Cop about being the guy that has the missing daughter, is just dam*ing in my eyes and I think that a jury would feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingmeds View Post
    Or he could ask for a trial by judge and not have a jury trial. At that point the trial will move forward and the judge will decide the guilt degree and the sentence as well.

Personally I think if Shoemaker is smart that is what he will have him do. Those videos, particularly the one where he talks to the Undercover Cop about being the guy that has the missing daughter, is just dam*ing in my eyes and I think that a jury would feel the same way.
    I agree, he would fair better with a judge than a jury. I think the people in that area are sick and tired of the people involved in this case and probably very frustrated and maybe even angry that this little girl, Haleigh had not been found and brought home. It will at the very least be very interesting tomorrow.

I agree that a bench trial is his best option. Otherwise, he'll plea. Things have been too quiet. Shoemaker's a good PR man, and if he were planning to bring the case before a jury, I think some little tidbit of something that paints Ron in a favorable or sympathetic light would've been released to the media. At any rate, I know I'll be peeking in from my iPhone tomorrow, anxiously awaiting the results.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I also think a jury trial could do RC more harm than good. The evidence is solid, and jurors will be from the area so will be acutely aware of Haleigh, and also of the fact that RC still had custody of Junior at the time he was arrested. I realize there are some Ron-Groupies around that think he can do no wrong, but the state is not going to let any of them on the jury. So, jury trial is too risky, IMO.

As for tomorrow, I am thinking something will happen that brings forth another continuance. Ugh!
    Last edited by krkrjx; 07-18-2010 at 11:01 PM.

He will plea if the State offers one. There is no other option for him, imo. GMA has done all of his talking for him with her letter. I can't see him taking it to Jury. I believe he will try every trick in the book to get this decision postponed. From the beginning, Shoemaker has been looking for a deal and offering him up for a witness against others, as long as he gets to wait it out and all the others are sentenced before him.

Always the Drama Queen..

I do not know what is going to happen tomorrow I just hope it is finished with, these sentencing of these people are taking way to long for my liking. Does anyone know what time it starts at? I will be here tomorrow but on my cell phone cause I have to work in the morning.
    I love my Grandma.
    Time for the playoffs lets go Habs.

9:00am is the time for court but if there are others (and there are) we don't know when his case will be heard.

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!
    Well it's my birthday so I hope whatever happens is awesome!!!

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep -Romans 12:15

Posts are my opinion only. Please direct all complaints to the Borg DebraAngel

He will take his chances with the judge, I think, thats why GGS has been writing the judge IMO... Which if thats true, I hope someone asks that judge to step down. UNLESS the state has made him an offer to testify against Misty, but if thats the case than Ron will be up $h1t creek without a paddle if she pleas... Maybe they are wanting him to testify against Misty in Haleighs case..... OHHHHH Wait I just had a brain fart.... What if the SA is waiting til Misty and Ron and Tommy all have felonies on thier records before pressing charges against them for murder. Remember in CA case the state wanted the check charges on CA record before the trial, because who wants to put a 18 year old girl on death row who doesnt have any priors..... HMMM maybe
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

If Shoemaker is smart he will have asked that Ronald be dressed in a suit. Also, by now someone should have groomed him on his demeanor, like the cocky way he stands and that always present smirk on his face.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast