Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsail Girl View Post
    I understand how you feel Keyboard Cat. She was such a lovely little girl and apparently her grandparents adored her. I heard on the radio this morning a family friend of the grandparents said the grandfather especially is devastated. I have not hear a word of her bio dad and not much from the bio mom.

ETA - her bio dad is in jail for drugs according to the link above. I just didn't read it all before I posted it LOL
    Why didn't the mother leave the child with grandparents when she went for training?

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Why didn't the mother leave the child with grandparents when she went for training?
    I have no idea why she didn't. I'm reading any and every thing I can find but don't have the answer to that yet.
    FYI - If I make a typo I call it a Brain Fart. Till you go thru brain surgery you really can't appreciate that saying.
    As always my posts are just my opinion...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Topsail Girl For This Useful Post:

I have no idea why she didn't. I'm reading any and every thing I can find but don't have the answer to that yet.
    We have a story after story on this board where a woman hooks up with some guy, leaves him to babysit/supervise/watch the child (children), and it doesn't end up well for the child (children). With minor variations. It's just so sad.

This story made me sick to start with, but the latest has me in need of some ginger ale.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7994619/

"Man accused of torture says he 'lost it'"

Story states that he whipped her with a cord after she defecated on the mattress they were sharing.

What would cause a child to do that? Sexual assault.

Story also states her father is "in Wake county jail on unrelated charges."

Here is her Dad's previous history- http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/...lts&listpage=1

It was for B&E in 2003. I would assume Wake jail is similar.
    Last edited by zelmajane; 07-20-2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Dad info
    "The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinensen

7. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to zelmajane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    Her mother must be outraged (she's away on mil training) -- maybe there's a special foxhole for the perp she's got in mind
    The mother seems to have had better options than to leave her precious Teghan in a barn with no bathroom or running water. She chose to leave her with a 21 yo man with guns, drugs, alcohol, and an air mattress for them to sleep together.

I hope that the DA is looking at charges for the mother akin to what Amanda Young was convicted on in the death of 4 yo Emma Thompson.

There was an article (iirc ABC affiliate), in the comments the mother's aunt said that Teghan was suppposed to stay with the mother's sister and she doesn't know why that didn't happen.

ETA

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=7563955

comments #1 and #20, it sounds like it was Teghan's aunt, sister of the father, that was going to watch Teghan.
    Last edited by fhc; 07-20-2010 at 06:47 PM.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

A listener on the radio program this morning suggested that the mother was told Teghan would be cared for in the home. Again this was from a caller who claimed to be "in the know" about the situation. Still, fhc, I agree with you totally!! She had to have known about his "bi-polar" situation and most likely his criminal past. The case is far from closed and I suspect mom will be in some sort of trouble before it is all said and done.
    FYI - If I make a typo I call it a Brain Fart. Till you go thru brain surgery you really can't appreciate that saying.
    As always my posts are just my opinion...

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Topsail Girl For This Useful Post:

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=1991

Alot of good info here and many of us share Ms. Thomas' sentiments.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7994619/

A man accused of torturing a 4-year-old girl who later died told detectives he "lost it" and whipped the girl with a cord after she urinated and defecated in the bed they were sharing, according to search warrants released Tuesday

Johnston County investigators seized an array of items from the barn where Richardson and Teghan were staying, the 2001 GMC pickup Richardson used to take the girl to the hospital and the house where Richardson's grandparents live. The barn, which is on the grandparents' property, has no running water or bathroom.

Items seized included an air mattress, a condom wrapper, a shotgun, a rifle, ammunition, knives, a camera, duct tape pieces, a green, leafy substance, drug paraphernalia, guitar string and a drop cord, according to a warrant
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:

Yes, mom must be outraged. But I want her charged with child endangerment for leaving her daughter with a virtual stranger living in a barn with no running water.

JMO.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Yes, mom must be outraged. But I want her charged with child endangerment for leaving her daughter with a virtual stranger living in a barn with no running water.

JMO.
    on an air mattress, no less, with a man that she's known for only 6 flippin' months!!

I noticed that the search warrant also included a search of this POS room that he had in his parents main house. WHY wasn't she staying there???

Such a beautiful little girl. It's times like this that I hope I'm right in believing there is a pit in hell just for POS's like this one.

Rest with the angels Teghan, I'm so sorry people failed you.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HockeyGirl For This Useful Post:

I'm incredible sad for what happened to this little girl. Incredibly, incredibly sad. Rest in peace, sweetie. I'm so sorry.
    "I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life."
    Rest in peace, Ethan Stacy and Aja Johnson.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RoseWhite For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    We have a story after story on this board where a woman hooks up with some guy, leaves him to babysit/supervise/watch the child (children), and it doesn't end up well for the child (children). With minor variations. It's just so sad.
    Yes Jenny and that is why I feel strongly about having the signature I have.
    Too many babies suffer, I know this will be unpopular, but I wish it was illegal to leave a small child in the care of a boyfriend/girlfriend.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

26. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Vegas Bride For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast