658 users online (87 members and 571 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hornsby on Steph Watts

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/profile...s-up-with-this

First 'on demand' episode.

I swear, Hornsby can take material that I already know and give it such an interesting spin.

His thoughts:

* Defense is in the tank. Baez's big payday never panned out, $200,000 for two years of work on a case like this isn't very much. Baez is simply tired. Mason might have been one heck of an attorney one or two decades ago, but he's way past his sell date and this ain't nearly as much fun as he thought it was gonna be. There's nothing for them to do now except simply slog on to the end.

* Kronk's wife's testimony will probably come in. If not, it would almost surely lead to a successful appeal.

* Cindy's testimony was carefully scripted, after meeting with Baez.

* Da Judge was bored during the hearing. Per Hornsby, he can't say, 'lookie, I'm gonna take a break and go drink a CoCola while y'all boys argue. Lemme know when you're finished, and I'll come back and rule.'

* His most interesting -- all and all, this is a very simple case. It's not complicated.

* Jeff Ashby is one of the stars of the State's stable.

* So is LDB.

* The third guy is very good, too.

* Baez doesn't have the attributes of a successful trial lawyer (Blaise's comment -- Ya think?). He is not nimble, he is not quick on his feet, he is not witty, he is not likable. (Blaise's comment -- he ain't the smartest bulb on the tree, either.)

VERY entertaining hour. I've got a warm 'n fuzzy that Hornsby still lurks here. I feel his spirit. If I misquoted, I am confident he will pop up.

Blaise
    YOU PEOPLE ATE CHILI WITHOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaise View Post

I swear, Hornsby can take material that I already know and give it such an interesting spin.

His thoughts:

* Defense is in the tank. Baez's big payday never panned out, $200,000 for two years of work on a case like this isn't very much. Baez is simply tired. Mason might have been one heck of an attorney one or two decades ago, but he's way past his sell date and this ain't nearly as much fun as he thought it was gonna be. There's nothing for them to do now except simply slog on to the end.

* Kronk's wife's testimony will probably come in. If not, it would almost surely lead to a successful appeal.

* Da Judge was bored during the hearing. Per Hornsby, he can't say, 'lookie, I'm gonna take a break and go drink a CoCola while y'all boys argue. Lemme know when you're finished, and I'll come back and rule.'

* His most interesting -- all and all, this is a very simple case. It's not complicated.

* So is LDB.

* Baez doesn't have the attributes of a successful trial lawyer (Blaise's comment -- Ya think?). He is not nimble, he is not quick on his feet, he is not witty, he is not likable. (Blaise's comment -- he ain't the smartest bulb on the tree, either.)

VERY entertaining hour. I've got a warm 'n fuzzy that Hornsby still lurks here. I feel his spirit. If I misquoted, I am confident he will pop up.

Blaise

Yes,this was an excellent show!!!!

Drat, I step away from the computer and miss RH's no holds barred take on things.

I know a little of his bio but somewhere down the line he's a Yorkshireman.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS.../Chapter9.html

The Yorkshireman has, no doubt, a way of speaking his mind very freely, and telling you what he thinks, even if his opinion be never so contrary to your own; what others would let you know by an innuendo or side-wind, he makes known to you without the slightest reserve or disguise. However unpleasant this habit may be at times, it has its advantages; you at least know where you are with them; you can always tell whether a Yorkshireman likes or dislikes what you do; he as good as tells you. I must add, however, that this bluntness of manner is more marked as between Yorkshiremen and strangers than as between themselves.

Crap, I missed it!

I do have to give HUGE KUDOS to Richard Hornsby!!! He is a lawyer's lawyer! This man has the ba**s to come right out and say he thinks Baez is a moron! Gotta love it!!!

Wonder what Richard thinks of Baez moving his chair to the center of the aisle while CA was being questioned by the SA? Was Baez "threatening" or "scared"?
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere!" MLK, Jr.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    I heard the last half of the show when it was airing live. Mr. Hornsby did a very good job. I'm glad he's finally coming around to my way of thinking. You reminded me that I haven't listened to the first half yet. Maybe later.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapshooter View Post
    Crap, I missed it!

I do have to give HUGE KUDOS to Richard Hornsby!!! He is a lawyer's lawyer! This man has the ba**s to come right out and say he thinks Baez is a moron! Gotta love it!!!

Wonder what Richard thinks of Baez moving his chair to the center of the aisle while CA was being questioned by the SA? Was Baez "threatening" or "scared"?
    kinda makes one reflect back to the "zip it" comment he made during the depos with Morgan & Morgan.....
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    kinda makes one reflect back to the "zip it" comment he made during the depos with Morgan & Morgan.....
    I'm sure it was so he could be seen by CA when she was testifying so he could throw signals to her

Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    IIRC, those were the depos last summer with LDB. Baez was not there for the Morgan depos. And I think the zip it comment was regarding the photos of Caylee, lol. All of that is out in public now, but I'll bet he'd still like us to all "zip it" with regards to that subject, lol.
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire

Talking

LOL - Baez saying "Zip It"!

Pot calling Kettle Black........

Say, how bored would we all be if someone like RH or NeJames had been the Defense lawyer instead of Baez. Instead of watching The Keystone Cops we'd be watching the Clash of the Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by Trapshooter View Post
    Crap, I missed it!

BBM

Yes! And, I'd love to know what HHJP thought about it as well!

It Was Ancient Aliens!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaise View Post

His thoughts:

* So is LDB.

Blaise
    I think the hardworking taxpayers on the jury are going to come to court with the good, old fashioned common sense of Mr. Hornsby, therefore, justice will prevail. He has been on the show several times with interesting takes on things. One of my favorites is August 8, 2010. He sure cuts through the nonsense. God bless the jury foreperson, in advance!
    Last edited by The World According; 10-16-2010 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyLu View Post
    Drat, I step away from the computer and miss RH's no holds barred take on things.

I know a little of his bio but somewhere down the line he's a Yorkshireman.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS.../Chapter9.html

The Yorkshireman has, no doubt, a way of speaking his mind very freely, and telling you what he thinks, even if his opinion be never so contrary to your own; what others would let you know by an innuendo or side-wind, he makes known to you without the slightest reserve or disguise. However unpleasant this habit may be at times, it has its advantages; you at least know where you are with them; you can always tell whether a Yorkshireman likes or dislikes what you do; he as good as tells you. I must add, however, that this bluntness of manner is more marked as between Yorkshiremen and strangers than as between themselves.
    I am also from Yorkshire

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by For The Kids View Post
    I am also from Yorkshire
    Sorry for the OT but I'm making your delicious pudding for dinner

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

Quote Originally Posted by For The Kids View Post
    I am also from Yorkshire
    While I've never visited Yorkshire, it's one of the places I would love to spend some time. Many of my ancestors are from the villages of Fridaythorpe, Westow, and Wheldrake in Yorkshire. Most of my Yorkshire ancestors came to the U.S. via Canada in the 1840's and 1850's. I've been looking online to find pictures of the villages where they lived and the churches they attended in Yorkshire. From what I've seen, it's a beautiful place.
    My posts are my opinion..........

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    While I've never visited Yorkshire, it's one of the places I would love to spend some time. Many of my ancestors are from the villages of Fridaythorpe, Westow, and Wheldrake in Yorkshire. Most of my Yorkshire ancestors came to the U.S. via Canada in the 1840's and 1850's. I've been looking online to find pictures of the villages where they lived and the churches they attended in Yorkshire. From what I've seen, it's a beautiful place.

We live in Hull which is in East Yorkshire but my husband works in Fridaythorpe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast