Atlanta lawyer wins $11 million lawsuit for family in botched circumcision

:( Poor little guy will have to live with the damage for his entire life. I too am glad the clamp is off the market. I won't say anything else for fear of starting a circumcision war.

I found an excerpted training video in the use of this particular clamp. It only shows two of the steps in using it, but it is easy to see how this could happen with this device. The video is not graphic. It is the one in the box at the top of the page.

I've done a detailed study of the history of circumcision from a Judeo-Christian perspective. It is interesting to note that full excision of the foreskin did not appear until after the Roman conquest, when young Jewish men would try to appear uncircumcised, and the rabbis determined the full foreskins should be removed to prevent hiding their Jewish identity. Previously, it was a small wound. The religious symbolism is achieved with the flow of blood, not the amount of skin removed. In the Christian era, Christ's sacrifice fulfilled the symbolism so that it is no longer written on our bodies, but our hearts.

Not trying to start an argument, but sharing a little relevant history I have learned over the years.

Plenty of kids saw my 3 year old's privates....we had a hard time keeping him in clothing. At daycare, they are all potty training at that age and, believe me, they check out each other's privates!

Thank goodness! We have enough hang ups about naked bodies in our culture.

Let's let 3-year-olds run around naked and then teach them to be really repressed when they are 6.

:( Poor little guy will have to live with the damage for his entire life. I too am glad the clamp is off the market. I won't say anything else for fear of starting a circumcision war.

Maybe they will be able to to some surt of surgery to fix it? It is amazing what they can do these days.

Maybe they will be able to to some surt of surgery to fix it? It is amazing what they can do these days.

That would be awesome - and you are right that cosmetic surgery has come such a long way. The article did say that he will be able to have intercourse, so that's good.

:croc: blah, blah, blah, SCM! :blowkiss:

If it makes you feel better, your nephews assure me that they don't remember a thing!

Anywhooo, poor guy. I hope they can "fix" it.

LMAO! You know me...just trying to start trouble because it's obvious that the Mods don't have enough to do here! :dance:

I know it's exceedingly rare for something like this to happen during a circumcision. It's so sad though. Call me tomorrow! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back