TX - Zain, 5, & Faryaal Akhter, 2, strangled, Irving, 19 July 2010 *Insanity*

I saw that other case just a few minutes ago. I'm just at a loss for words right now. The poor children. :cry:

For whatever reason, seems a lot of this kind of cases are happening in Tx.

For whatever reason, seems a lot of this kind of cases are happening in Tx.

I know! I just came from the husband and wife Murder/Suicide thread. What is going on???!!

Saiqa Akhter, 30, is being held in the Irving Jail on suspicion of capital murder in the death of 5-year-old Zain Akhter, who was killed Monday afternoon at the Wind Tree Apartments in the 3300 block of Esters Road.

A second child, 2-year-old Faryaal Akhter, was critically injured in the attack. She is being treated at Children's Medical Center, where family members say she remains on life support.

From above link. Just getting the pertinent data in the thread.

I don't get it...Why is it that her family notices things are amiss with her and get her no help??? THis is the second time a woman from the middle east has killed her child and the family has known there was something wrong.

I consistently ask about my nieces and talk to them to see how things are going. If anything seemed amiss, I would get the police involved.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ing/stories/072210dnmetirvingmom.4a86487.html

Irving girl dies; mother to be arraigned today in brother's death

A 2-year-old Irving girl has died after an attack in which her mother is accused of strangling her and her 5-year-old brother.
Saiqa Akhter

Faryaal Akhter died about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Children's Medical Center, according to the Dallas County medical examiner's office.

The girl's mother, 30-year-old Saiqa Akhter, is to be arraigned on a capital murder charge this morning in the death of her son Zain, who died Monday.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ing/stories/072210dnmetirvingmom.4a86487.html

Irving girl dies; mother to be arraigned today in brother's death

A 2-year-old Irving girl has died after an attack in which her mother is accused of strangling her and her 5-year-old brother.
Saiqa Akhter

Faryaal Akhter died about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Children's Medical Center, according to the Dallas County medical examiner's office.

The girl's mother, 30-year-old Saiqa Akhter, is to be arraigned on a capital murder charge this morning in the death of her son Zain, who died Monday.

From your link:

An Irving mother accused of strangling her two children with an antenna wire told a 911 operator that she killed them because they were "not normal."

Saiqa Akhter "Both are autistic," she said. "I don’t want my kids to be like that. I want normal kids."

I'm fairly certain that Faryaal and Zain would have like to have a "normal" mom.

You have got to be kidding me??? This is just plain crazy and evil...

May the kids R.I.P..

Rest in Peace little ones.

I read about these poor children last night. There will never be a justified reason this Mother did what she did.

I did wonder though, how isolated was she? Did she have any support at all? Did she even know there was support available to her?

These children didn't have to die. But I had wondered if there might have not been enough support for her within that community and/or assistance with having two Autistic children?

This is a heartwrenching story, and I can't excuse her actions, but having heard many Mothers speak to the lack of support in caring for their autistic children if there could have been a way to avoid this tragedy?

Bless these babies.

It's a mess. I heard on HLN or somewhere that they had recently moved from a heavily immigrant apartment complex to a new home. Apparently, she had lots of friends where she was at before. She was also reported to be a doting mother. Finally, an uncle of the kids says the two year old did not have autism.
People with special needs kids need support. But there are millions of such parents and obviously they do not off their kids. I think the lady has other issues like mental problems, isolation and perhaps cultural shame about her son. But, I don't know for sure.

There were times I wanted to die while raising my autistic son. But I didn't wish the same for HIM! There is something seriously wrong with that woman! :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSYSIV
Back