KH's (alleged) email to co-workers

He asked coworkers not to speak to the media. That was smart -- if they want to talk, they should talk to LE.

He said he will contact Intel's lawyers. That was smart. They need to know about the situation.

Shrug. I don't have a problem with this email. Does it send up red flag for you?

Apologies if this has been posted before.

http://ackerlaw.com/posts/2010/06/07/missing_child__kyron_horman_7

In this (purported) email (which sounds to me pretty realistic) KH is telling co-workers to keep mum and that he intends to talk with Intel legal to get legal advice for them keeping quiet.

I have seen this many times on different places on the net but i'm not sure if it is confirmed legit. I have no reason to doubt that it is. I was actually relieved when i first saw it as it showed someone in the family was doing something to locate Kyron. (we hadn't heard from them). I don't think it is odd to ask people not to talk to the media as we all know how that can take the focus off of the missing child and into the realm of soap opera. I would have found it odd if he had asked not to speak with LE :)

Ironically It has been things KH himself has said/done In the media that grasps attention now. Which makes me reason he knows exactly what he is saying to the media and how it will be portrayed.

Not that i feel that it is sided one way or the other.. meaning either He feels TH is responsible and Le have convinced him & he wants everyone to know Or as some have speculated this was a way to destroy TH publicly as part of a bitter divorce case or other personal reasons. Wish LE would start giving some of those pressers so we had actual confirmed facts but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

iirc there is already an entire thread on this but you may want to pm a mod to make sure?

I have seen this many times on different places on the net but i'm not sure if it is confirmed legit. I have no reason to doubt that it is. I was actually relieved when i first saw it as it showed someone in the family was doing something to locate Kyron. (we hadn't heard from them). I don't think it is odd to ask people not to talk to the media as we all know how that can take the focus off of the missing child and into the realm of soap opera. I would have found it odd if he had asked not to speak with LE :)

Ironically It has been things KH himself has said/done In the media that grasps attention now. Which makes me reason he knows exactly what he is saying to the media and how it will be portrayed.

Not that i feel that it is sided one way or the other.. meaning either He feels TH is responsible and Le have convinced him & he wants everyone to know Or as some have speculated this was a way to destroy TH publicly as part of a bitter divorce case or other personal reasons. Wish LE would start giving some of those pressers so we had actual confirmed facts but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

BBM

I agree with that. But why wouldn't LE talk with the atty's at Intel and ask them to keep quiet? I think there's a reason that Kaine did it for all of us to see.

I don't have a clue what the email might mean. :waitasec:

JMHO WARNING:

This e-mail activity for me is consistent with the way we have seen Kaine behave & approach this problem - as a person on a working team with LE. IMO, Kaine has revealed that he prefers to keep control of his projects and maintain that control by communicating both up the organization, down the organization, and across the organization to keep critical people informed on what he considers a need-to-know basis.

The e-mail's value to me was having a peek at Kaine's penchant for carefully measured words, his direct, factual, but sparsely detailed statements, his confident, almost authoritative writing style, and his working culture. Kaine doesn't use qualifiers. Things are black and white. Kaine does not see the need to support his factual statements. He withholds useful details. He's a need-to-know communicator. He protects information. Doesn't panic. Somewhat detached team player, IMO. LE probably loves the guy.

To me he comes across as well-intentioned but frequently socially awkward.

I see an non-creative type engineer who has of fear of being criticized or challenged. (Thus the with-holding of details.) There may be self-esteem problems here - but it's mostly personality style. Needs to be right. Needs control - probably so no one else will mess things up.

This is not to say Kaine is a bad guy. Everyone has their own personality style. Kaine's is just very visible and untempered due to a relatively low EQ.

The guy just doesn't bother me that much - I know lots of folks like this. Perfectly good folks who never have a clue when a loved one is suffering - until after the fact. At which point, they apply logic and sincerely try to analyze and mathematically solve what is an emotional problem.

((((hugs to all engineer-types, Kaine included))))

JMHO

JMHO WARNING:

This e-mail activity for me is consistent with the way we have seen Kaine behave & approach this problem - as a person on a working team with LE. IMO, Kaine has revealed that he prefers to keep control of his projects and maintain that control by communicating both up the organization, down the organization, and across the organization to keep critical people informed on what he considers a need-to-know basis.

The e-mail's value to me was having a peek at Kaine's penchant for carefully measured words, his direct, factual, but sparsely detailed statements, his confident, almost authoritative writing style, and his working culture. Kaine doesn't use qualifiers. Things are black and white. Kaine does not see the need to support his factual statements. He withholds useful details. He's a need-to-know communicator. He protects information. Doesn't panic. Somewhat detached team player, IMO. LE probably loves the guy.

To me he comes across as well-intentioned but frequently socially awkward.

I see an non-creative type engineer who has of fear of being criticized or challenged. (Thus the with-holding of details.) There may be self-esteem problems here - but it's mostly personality style. Needs to be right. Needs control - probably so no one else will mess things up.

This is not to say Kaine is a bad guy. Everyone has their own personality style. Kaine's is just very visible and untempered due to a relatively low EQ.

The guy just doesn't bother me that much - I know lots of folks like this. Perfectly good folks who never have a clue when a loved one is suffering - until after the fact. At which point, they apply logic and sincerely try to analyze and mathematically solve what is an emotional problem.

((((hugs to all engineer-types, Kaine included))))

JMHO

I concur.... this is my boyfriend to a tee, I can be crying and he sits there cuz he doesn't have a clue as what to do, everything needs to be logical not emotional... (the best man I have ever been with)

People describe me in very much a similar manner. So they find it quite puzzling when I go all girly on them and get emotional. Better to keep them on their toes with :)

i agree with what emma said above. when i first read this email, very early on, i did take a pause and say, hmmmmm. but then i decided its not all that odd. i only have 10 coworkers, so i would notify them personally, or have the manager do it, but i really think that in this day and age i would ask them to not talk to any media until the crisis is over. intel is a huge company and this is the way they handled it. apparently it worked because nobody from intel has come forward. jmo, imo, mho and all that jazz ;)

People describe me in very much a similar manner. So they find it quite puzzling when I go all girly on them and get emotional. Better to keep them on their toes with :)

I will vouch for your very high EQ any day, dear debs. Also your high LQ. (Logic quotient.)

Do you argue with yourself all day the way I do? :blushing: It's a curse. No. :trout: It's a blessing. No. It's hormonal. No. It's real. No. It's simple. No. It's very complicated. No... :banghead:

I will vouch for your very high EQ any day, dear debs. Also your high LQ. (Logic quotient.)

Do you argue with yourself all day the way I do? :blushing: It's a curse. No. :trout: It's a blessing. No. It's hormonal. No. It's real. No. It's simple. No. It's very complicated. No... :banghead:

it's the only way I ever win every argument, dear Emma.

Emma, I concur with what you said, especially this bit snipped here: "Kaine doesn't use qualifiers. Things are black and white. Kaine does not see the need to support his factual statements. He withholds useful details. He's a need-to-know communicator. He protects information. Doesn't panic. Somewhat detached team player, IMO. LE probably loves the guy."

Key--he withholds useful details. Ah huh.

And that thing about LE probably loves him--I've thought so all along, and that worries me. Mix that in with the fact that DY is married to a cop, and you get a volatile mix of anti-TH stuff being perhaps too easily accepted. At one point I moved from nattering to myself about LE working with Kaine to nattering that it seemed like they were working for Kaine. Yea, that was a cranky moment!

And I also think that once KH makes his mind up, from that point on, that is Holy Writ. I doubt that he's ever wrong--at least in his world. And I think he sweeps people along with him by that detail-oriented, authorative persona, and manipulates things by the precise withholding of information as he chooses and see fit. I think that to him, "team" means any group that allow him to do things his way and get ahead.

I also think that KH doesn't believe that vengeance is the Lord's, but his. Look how quickly he moved against DY when he got Kyron, and look how quickly he moved against TH--and marshalled all his resources, including LE--to set things up the way he thought was right.

This would be just personal stuff except that his personality, DY's cop husband, etc. have created a situation, IMHO, in which LE may have followed more than led. Again, just my opinion.

Well maybe it's just me but I think it is just plan weird. Both Kaine and Terri seemed awfully worried about the media too early on for my taste.

I don't know why any one with a missing child would ask anyone to be quiet. How would you even be focusing enough on something like that to e-mail anyone? Seems to me the only thing you would be thinking about was your CHILD. Not what might come out about you. pppfffftttttt.

I don't know why any one with a missing child would ask anyone to be quiet. How would you even be focusing enough on something like that to e-mail anyone? Seems to me the only thing you would be thinking about was your CHILD. Not what might come out about you. pppfffftttttt.

IMO Kaine's child was missing, he hadn't figured out all the logistics, FBI swarming his property, Intel owns his computers, FBI telling him he'll be needed and to make other work arrangements and they will need to review his digital info and talk to Intel, marriage was rocky, wife having PPD issues, folks at Intel might have known, Kaine worked at work and at home day of disappearance, Intel is his alibi, Intel colleagues would be interviewed by FBI about Kaine & family, LE says to everyone they interview, talk to us not media...what a nightmare, my head hurts thinking about Kaine's state of mind the day he wrote the e-mail...it still doesn't bother me...

y'all can laugh at me later, perhaps. :innocent:

Both TH & KH made those statements within the first few days of K going missing (albeit via different venues).

It struck me as preemptive damage control.

I found this email odd...a few questions, which may have been addressed before, if so I apologize (1) Who's Becky? (2) who orginally generated the email? (3) how would this email as it looks here be going out to his Intel Group? (4) was this an actual email or something posted on Acker's website ? (5) He's honcho enough to contact Intel's legal ??? (6) lastly, what I love, he did not politely ask anyone not to talk to the media, he specifically said DO NOT....oh, I just thought I was through...as an employer of over 100 people, if something like this occurred within my work force family here, any email correspndence to my employees would be from me.....jmo....

iirc there is already an entire thread on this but you may want to pm a mod to make sure?

I have looked, and this is the closest one I could find. I think there is a lot of email discussion in this one:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106920"]Was Kaine at home or work the day that Kyron disappeared? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back