retired military remote viewer submits report to LE; investigator following up on it

nursebeeme

Reaction score
http://www.kptv.com/video/24337141/index.html
(video)

http://www.kptv.com/gooddayoregon/24337416/detail.html
(article)

Edward Dames, a retired remote viewer who once worked with the Army, worked with his team for three weeks to try to determine the physical location of the missing boy, who has not been since June 4 at Skyline School in northwest Portland.
Dames said the missing boy is located on private property roughly 10 miles south of the school.
"He's not where police are searching," he said. "(He's) not in the water and not that far away."

A remote viewer is a specialized psychic once used by the CIA and U.S. military during the cold war. Dames was the inspiration for the movie "The Men Who Stare At Goats."
He said he uses a mental technique to locate a missing person's geographic location and then goes out into the field to find the target. However, Dames said he's unable to do so in this case because he said the boy is on private property, which can present unknown dangers for his team.
Dames' report was sent to the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, which is the lead agency in the criminal investigation.
Multnomah County deputies confirmed they received the report, which Dames said pinpoints Kyron's location within 60 feet. A spokeswoman with the sheriff's office said an investigator is examining leads from the report and following up on anything it generates.

Major Edward A. Dames, United States Army (ret.), is a decorated military intelligence officer and an original member of the U.S. Army prototype remote viewing training program. He served as both training and operations officer for the U.S. government’s TOP SECRET psychic espionage unit.
http://www.eddamespredictions.com/about

more on "the men who stare at goats":
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Men_Who_Stare_at_Goats[/ame]

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

That having been said, I must say with regret that I don't put much stock in "remote viewing." And if I were that guy, I am not sure I would be happy people were publicizing that he inspired The Men Who Stare at Goats.

ETA: Though, hey, I am glad someone is following it up - you never know what will be the lead that does the trick, right? (Even though this saddens me, as it shows LE really has no idea where Kyron might be located or what exactly happened to him. MOO.)

This is an interesting twist. Hope it helps.

I wish people in the area would search their property. He probably will be found with someone fixing something on their property, walking or hiking.

While I don't know much about remote viewing, I am happy to see that investigators are at least looking into it. You just never know.

Come home safely to us lil Kyron....

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

That having been said, I must say with regret that I don't put much stock in "remote viewing." And if I were that guy, I am not sure I would be happy people were publicizing that he inspired The Men Who Stare at Goats.

ETA: Though, hey, I am glad someone is following it up - you never know what will be the lead that does the trick, right? (Even though this saddens me, as it shows LE really has no idea where Kyron might be located or what exactly happened to him. MOO.)
his army unit inspired the book/movie on "the men who stared at goats".... I also am not sure I put stock into it, but glad that LE is following up on his report. What I do put stock into, is that this is something that the military puts stock into... and that says something to me...

ETA: I also agree with Ruby that people need to check their own properties and if all this media report does is get people out and looking.... I think that is great.

his army unit inspired the book/movie on "the men who stared at goats".... I also am not sure I put stock into it, but glad that LE is following up on his report. What I do put stock into, is that this is something that the military puts stock into... and that says something to me...

ETA: I also agree with Ruby that people need to check their own properties and if all this media report does is get people out and looking.... I think that is great.

BBM

I agree - has there been such an appeal from LE? In most of the cases I've watched, there has been at least a "be on the look out for anything strange on your property" note. I don't recall if anything like that has happened in this case, but perhaps I just missed it. Perhaps this report will inspire the folks around to do so, if they haven't already.

I've never seen a case with so little news on the actual search before. So, in that respect, I am glad of this report. At least it's something search-related.

I wish people in the area would search their property. He probably will be found with someone fixing something on their property, walking or hiking.

That's exactly how Morgan Harrington, the 20 year old that disappeared from a Metallica concert in Virginia in 10/09, was found in 1/10....by a farmer repairing fences.

Well this is definately an intresting twist. I didn't think LE put much stock into psychics, hell for that matter I didn't know that the army used psychics, that alone is intresting. Hey I'm all for anything that helps find Kyron, there is that one psychic that helps LE and she is what inspired the show Medium, can't think of her name something Dubois.

Well this is definately an intresting twist. I didn't think LE put much stock into psychics, hell for that matter I didn't know that the army used psychics, that alone is intresting. Hey I'm all for anything that helps find Kyron, there is that one psychic that helps LE and she is what inspired the show Medium, can't think of her name something Dubois.

BBM

I don't think the US Army uses them any more. It was a Cold War measure in response to reports that the Russians were developing various psychic weaponry and powers, and the US spent some time exploring its applications and value.

Some interesting history and findings here:
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing[/ame]

10 miles south of school...........do we have a map that can be transferred over?
I do not know how to do it........TIA

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5272065&postcount=18"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Kyron Horman - Portland, Oregon MEDIA AND IMAGES LINKS[/ame]

yikes 10 miles

The only problem with it being private property is if the perp owns the property and knows darned good and well where he has Kyron. This would take some way of getting search warrants or an accidental finding by a someone "trespassing" through the area, hunters, teens, you get the idea.

Still, it is a good suggestion just in case Kyron is on someone's property and that person has no idea.

I have Metzger by way the crow flies (straight 10 miles South)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back