WA - Mary Kay Letourneau and Vili Fualaau

LovelyPigeon

Former Member
Reaction score
Fualaau asks court to lift no-contact order
By Christine Clarridge and Michael Ko
Seattle Times staff reporter

Within hours of Mary K. Letourneau's release from prison for having sex with a student, the young man petitioned the court to lift the lifetime no-contact order imposed on her when she was convicted in 1997. In the motion, Vili Fualaau's attorneys argue that the no-contact order was put in place to protect a minor but no longer serves a purpose.
"Mr. Fualaau is now 21 years old," the three-page document says. "He does not fear Mary K. Letourneau."

The King County Prosecutor's Office is reviewing the motion, spokesman Dan Donohoe said, and had not decided whether to agree to it or request a hearing before a judge.

Friends and lawyers have speculated that Letourneau's main goals upon her release would include reconnecting with both children she had with Fualaau. She has been allowed frequent supervised visits with the two girls, now 7 and 5, who are being raised by Fualaau's mother.
--->> http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001997181_letourneau05m.html

I can't imagine that the contact ban can be continued since both parties are now adults and consenting.

This is the final paragraph--a case I hadn't been aware of:

Another local (Seattle) teacher, Mark Blilie, was convicted of rape after a sexual relationship with a student. He was a 39-year-old married teacher at Kirkland Junior High School when 13-year-old Toni Pala was his student. After he served more than three years for the crime, Pala asked the court in 2000 to lift the no-contact order, and a short while later the two were married.

August 6
Judge lifts no-contact order between Letourneau, Fualaau
By Michael Ko
Seattle Times staff reporter

King County Superior Court Judge Linda Lau, who in 1997 sentenced Mary K. Letourneau to 7 1/2 years in prison, this morning dissolved the no-contact order between Letourneau and the student she was convicted of raping, Vili Fualaau.
Lau's order allows Letourneau to have "unrestricted contact" with Fualaau, now 21, paving the way for the reunion both have been seeking since Letourneau was released from prison Wednesday.

Neither the Department of Corrections nor the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office objected to the possible reunion, leading to Lau's ruling.
--->>

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001998399_webletourneau06.html

Local woman writes about doing time with Letourneau
Former prison friend now lives in county

By PAT MUIR
Christina Dress, who lives near Kittitas, is one of the only people to see Mary Kay Letourneau since the former school teacher was released from prison last week after serving 7 1/2 years for having an affair with a 12-year-old student, Dress said.

The two became friends while Dress, 38, was serving time for bank fraud in the Washington Corrections Center for Women in Gig Harbor, she said. While in prison Dress and fellow inmate Tama-Lisa Johnson wrote a book, "Mass With Mary," about Letourneau, smuggling pages out a few at a time, Dress said.

"She's doing great," Dress said. "She looks really, really good. She looks good free. You know, I had never seen Mary free. She looks radiant."

The two have known each other since Letourneau's first week in prison in 1998.

"She stood out like a sore thumb," Dress said. "She just looked different. She was, for one thing, very attractive. She was very polite. She just looked very straight-laced."
--->>

Letourneau has made no secret of her desire to reunite with Fualaau, with whom she had two children. Dress said Letourneau's just playing it safe right now, trying to avoid to the spotlight, staying with friends of friends near SeaTac.

"She desperately wants to see him," Dress said. "But she wants to make sure the kids are her first priority." --->>

http://www.kvnews.com/articles/2004/08/14/news/news01.txt

She desperately wants to see him," Dress said. "But she wants to make sure the kids are her first priority." --->>

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Since when? She never cared about any of her kids before! Did she learn how to care about her children in prison?

This case reminds me of the Oprah show on sexual seduction of teens. It really stressed how victims and society can confuse what the "relationship" really is cuz what is being down is sometimes welcomed by the victim. It stressed how confusing sex is for a young person. Sex feels good, not violent brutal sex, but sex in general. If you are a 12 yr old boy having sex with a women .... man he really thinks this is love......but it is really a crime and the seduction of it hides a lot of this.

This case is so sad. Six children involved. A young man who is going to have to see his abuser in one form or the other for the rest of his life....jeez what a mess.

I think its amazing the differences between children in general. I've got a 24 year old son and an 11 year old son and I couldn't imagine either of them being interested in females at 11 or 12 years of age. I'm sure that some people will claim that we've got a "Leave it to Beaver" kind of life whereas others are not as sheltered and maybe that's part of the reason that this boy's mother was not as outraged as most of us are. In some countries, boys aged 11 or 12 are carrying machine guns and in other countries, boys this age are the sole support for large families. I just don't see why in America, any child needs to grow up this quickly.

Mary befriended this boys mother.....I have heard her speak with great sadness about that betrayl. Mary really did a number on this family. Now this women is raising these two girls for her too..........

MysteryMomma said:
Mary befriended this boys mother.....I have heard her speak with great sadness about that betrayl. Mary really did a number on this family. Now this women is raising these two girls for her too..........

What?? Was the mother a dish rag? I don't mean to be flippant about this, I just don't understand what a female could say to me that would make it okay for her to be in my 12 year old's pants.

Here's my 800th post...

I just read the tabloid (while waiting in line, of course, at W-M) and it had excerpts from MKL's letters to Villi while she was incarcerated.

She sounded like an absolute nut. Honestly, if the letters are real, the woman really is far more ill than I would have thought. She sends a 14 y/o advice on how to be a father, she talks about being together, she writes about how others misunderstand their love, she writes about his Samoan culture.

According to the tabloid, he never once wrote her back. Says a lot, doesn't it?

Guess he was too busy getting arrested for drug use and attempting to steal a car. Poor kid, and I do mean that.

As for the 39 y/o teacher marrying his former student, I am speechless.

Jeana (DP) said:
What?? Was the mother a dish rag? I don't mean to be flippant about this, I just don't understand what a female could say to me that would make it okay for her to be in my 12 year old's pants.

Mary became friends with Villi's mom before she seduced Villi. I think so she could have easier access to him. His mom worked two jobs and has other children...she isn't perfect but Mary was a trusted friend and former teacher of her sons, I think she really thought Mary just wanted to help him. And if I remember correctly both Villi and Mary acted like Villi was coming over to hang out with Mary's oldest child not to be with Mary.....there are so many layers of manipulation here.....truely sick stuff....

Villi's mom also is ambivalent towards Mary due to the two grand daughters. She has said how can she hate Mary when she is the mother of your grand children........What a mess...

"This is not a small-time love crime -- I'll find my way over the fence here and shoot him myself," Mary Kay rages in a jailhouse letter to Faavae Fualaau, the older brother of her baby-faced Romeo, Vili Fualaau.

"Don't let any foreign ho' b**** in the house. They can't look at and play with our beautiful babies and then think they can ride the (bleep) that created them. "Enough of that, tell him 'Recess is over.'"

Read more here
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/stories/feature.cfm?instanceid=62227

well i am sure she will honor her marriage vows and children like she did first time around...after all, being bi-polar is an excuse for anything. don't know about you guys, but as an adult woman, i always find 6th graders attractive sexually, and want to have babies with them.

And Fulau Did not finish high school. Id say likely because of the added responsibilities placed on him by having children at such an early age.

Where are the children? Thought the grandmother still had them, guardianship, she seemed to be the person who assumed the physical responsibilities for raising the children, has that changed? As far as marriage, both are adults and can do whatever they like now, I suppose, the whole thing is so bizzare never did figure it out. Just hope the children resulting from this sordid story are okay.

peggy said:
Where are the children? Thought the grandmother still had them, guardianship, she seemed to be the person who assumed the physical responsibilities for raising the children, has that changed? As far as marriage, both are adults and can do whatever they like now, I suppose, the whole thing is so bizzare never did figure it out. Just hope the children resulting from this sordid story are okay.

according to the article, grandmother still has the children, but the father has stated that they may go to court and attempt to get custody

from Larry King Live Oct 11, 2004:

KING: Do you and Vili want to get married?

LETOURNEAU: Yes, we do. Yes.

KING: Are you going to?

LETOURNEAU: Yes, we are.

KING: Nothing stops you, right? You can get married. He's of age, you're of age.

LETOURNEAU: Yes. It's our plan.

KING: I asked you before (UNINTELLIGIBLE) Is this a wedding ring, an engagement ring?

LETOURNEAU: This is my first ring before -- before I went into prison, during the relationship. This I recently got.

KING: This second ring looks like a wedding ring.

LETOURNEAU: Yes.

KING: Is it?

LETOURNEAU: That is an engagement ring.

KING: You're engaged?

LETOURNEAU: Uh-huh.

KING: Do you have a date?

LETOURNEAU: Not that we're talking about, no.

KING: You mean publicly? Do you have one non-publicly?

LETOURNEAU: We have a time frame but not a specific date.

KING: But you are going to get married.

LETOURNEAU: Uh-huh.

Much more in full transcript, and a lot about her relationship with all 6 of her children:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0410/11/lkl.01.html

Reactions: Emi
Don't know whether this is accurate, but here it is:

Letourneau, ex-pupil to wed after prison
February 14, 2005

SEATTLE -- Mary Kay Letourneau plans to marry the former sixth-grade pupil with whom she had two children, months after her release from prison for raping him, according to an online bridal registry.

Letourneau, 43, and Vili Fualaau, 22, set a wedding date of April 16, according to their registry at a department store. Letourneau served 7 1/2 years on a 1997 conviction for raping Fualaau, who has said in the past that he hoped to wed his former teacher.

"It's been long overdue," Noel Soriano, a friend of the couple, told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer in a story published Monday. "It's going to be fabulous, seeing them get hitched finally."

A lawyer for Fualaau and a friend of Letourneau did not immediately return calls Monday seeking further comment.
--->>
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/02/14/letourneau_ex_pupil_plan_to_wed_april_16/

not sure if this is the right place for this or not.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,154604,00.html

Once-forbidden lovers Mary Kay Letourneau (search) and her former sixth-grade student Vili Fualaau (search) sound like any soon-to-be newlyweds as they prepare for their nuptials.
The former Washington state teacher is already bubbling about her dress: "It's perfect for my body. It has just the right lines and is simple."

At 22, he's thinking more about what kind of work he'll need to support his ex-jailbird 42-year-old fiancée and their two kids: "Something in graphic designs, industrials, maybe design houses."

The pair spill their guts on segments of TV's "Entertainment Tonight" and "The Insider" starting Thursday. The shows will also document the couple's wedding, which will feature some of Letourneau's older kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back