1485 users online (284 members and 1201 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Where are the children? Thought the grandmother still had them, guardianship, she seemed to be the person who assumed the physical responsibilities for raising the children, has that changed? As far as marriage, both are adults and can do whatever they like now, I suppose, the whole thing is so bizzare never did figure it out. Just hope the children resulting from this sordid story are okay.

Quote Originally Posted by peggy
    Where are the children? Thought the grandmother still had them, guardianship, she seemed to be the person who assumed the physical responsibilities for raising the children, has that changed? As far as marriage, both are adults and can do whatever they like now, I suppose, the whole thing is so bizzare never did figure it out. Just hope the children resulting from this sordid story are okay.
    according to the article, grandmother still has the children, but the father has stated that they may go to court and attempt to get custody
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

from Larry King Live Oct 11, 2004:

KING: Do you and Vili want to get married?

LETOURNEAU: Yes, we do. Yes.

KING: Are you going to?

LETOURNEAU: Yes, we are.

KING: Nothing stops you, right? You can get married. He's of age, you're of age.

LETOURNEAU: Yes. It's our plan.

KING: I asked you before (UNINTELLIGIBLE) Is this a wedding ring, an engagement ring?

LETOURNEAU: This is my first ring before -- before I went into prison, during the relationship. This I recently got.

KING: This second ring looks like a wedding ring.

LETOURNEAU: Yes.

KING: Is it?

LETOURNEAU: That is an engagement ring.

KING: You're engaged?

LETOURNEAU: Uh-huh.

KING: Do you have a date?

LETOURNEAU: Not that we're talking about, no.

KING: You mean publicly? Do you have one non-publicly?

LETOURNEAU: We have a time frame but not a specific date.

KING: But you are going to get married.

LETOURNEAU: Uh-huh.

Much more in full transcript, and a lot about her relationship with all 6 of her children:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...11/lkl.01.html

Don't know whether this is accurate, but here it is:

Letourneau, ex-pupil to wed after prison
    February 14, 2005

SEATTLE -- Mary Kay Letourneau plans to marry the former sixth-grade pupil with whom she had two children, months after her release from prison for raping him, according to an online bridal registry.

Letourneau, 43, and Vili Fualaau, 22, set a wedding date of April 16, according to their registry at a department store. Letourneau served 7 1/2 years on a 1997 conviction for raping Fualaau, who has said in the past that he hoped to wed his former teacher.

"It's been long overdue," Noel Soriano, a friend of the couple, told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer in a story published Monday. "It's going to be fabulous, seeing them get hitched finally."

A lawyer for Fualaau and a friend of Letourneau did not immediately return calls Monday seeking further comment.
    --->>
    http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar..._wed_april_16/

Letournea child lover wedding to be televised

not sure if this is the right place for this or not.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,154604,00.html

Once-forbidden lovers Mary Kay Letourneau (search) and her former sixth-grade student Vili Fualaau (search) sound like any soon-to-be newlyweds as they prepare for their nuptials.
    The former Washington state teacher is already bubbling about her dress: "It's perfect for my body. It has just the right lines and is simple."

At 22, he's thinking more about what kind of work he'll need to support his ex-jailbird 42-year-old fiancée and their two kids: "Something in graphic designs, industrials, maybe design houses."

The pair spill their guts on segments of TV's "Entertainment Tonight" and "The Insider" starting Thursday. The shows will also document the couple's wedding, which will feature some of Letourneau's older kids.

I am BEGGING all of you to PLEASE boycott these television shows. We've got to draw the line someplace and NOT feed into these horrible tabloids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I am BEGGING all of you to PLEASE boycott these television shows. We've got to draw the line someplace and NOT feed into these horrible tabloids.
    I'm with you Jeana
    We were watching TV last night when they showed a teaser for the interview. Mary Hart and Jann Carl were talking about the interview and all the time Jann spent with them like it was Brad and Jenn.
    This is not a Celeb wedding, this woman is a sexual offender of the worst kind!!
    Would we all turn in to see what flowers other perverts are using in their wedding bouquets? I don't think so.

Sudzi

Quote Originally Posted by Sudzi
    I'm with you Jeana
    We were watching TV last night when they showed a teaser for the interview. Mary Hart and Jann Carl were talking about the interview and all the time Jann spent with them like it was Brad and Jenn.
    This is not a Celeb wedding, this woman is a sexual offender of the worst kind!!
    Would we all turn in to see what flowers other perverts are using in their wedding bouquets? I don't think so.
    I agree. Not only are the televising this sickening event, but it's being portrayed as a happy ending. Her other children will be a part of this circus as well. In my opinion, the abuse continues.

Any word on whether they are televising the honeymoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Any word on whether they are televising the honeymoon?
    They would have to hand out barf bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudzi
    I'm with you Jeana
    I'm sorry, but child predators don't strike just one victim in their entire lives. These two (and I'll grant you it's odd) have more than proven they want to be together. She did her time for jumping the gun while he was a minor, and that debt is done. They are now both adults and relationship has lasted a long time. I hope they stay married once they get that way. There are already two children as a result of this relationship and we can hope good things for their sakes. I hope Mary is working towards making some ammends to her other children as well.

This was not a case of sexual child abuse in it's usual form. I agree she should have left him alone until he was of age, but they do seem to care about each other. He doesn't look like a man being held against his will. I know this won't be a popular point of view, but it's as I see it, and only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Serra
    I'm sorry, but child predators don't strike just one victim in their entire lives. These two (and I'll grant you it's odd) have more than proven they want to be together. She did her time for jumping the gun while he was a minor, and that debt is done. They are now both adults and relationship has lasted a long time. I hope they stay married once they get that way. There are already two children as a result of this relationship and we can hope good things for their sakes. I hope Mary is working towards making some ammends to her other children as well.

This was not a case of sexual child abuse in it's usual form. I agree she should have left him alone until he was of age, but they do seem to care about each other. He doesn't look like a man being held against his will. I know this won't be a popular point of view, but it's as I see it, and only my opinion.
    I'm just curious if your opinion would be the same if this had happened to your daughter with a male teacher?

The boy was 12 years old. Not even a teenager. If that's not "sexual child abuse" in its "usual form," then I'd like for you to tell me what is. Just because she didn't tie him down doesn't mean its not child abuse. Michael Jackson didn't tie down his victim(s) either, but he's on trial nonetheless.

Is there a usual form of sexual abuse, and because it's not "usual" it's ok? HELLO??? the boy was 12 years old!
    She is a convicted sex offender, my point remains that they are not celeb's and not what I expect to see when I tune into Entertainment Tonight.

Sudzi

I gotta say I was more than a bit disturbed that Entertainment Tonight would make such a big deal about their upcoming wedding. As someone said, they are not celebrities and to make such a big deal about it is like saying what she did was ok. NOT!

I will make sure NOT to watch ET Thursday.

Ya know, I also won't watch A&E's Growing up Gotti for the same reason. Why does the media insist on making celebrities out of criminals. Granted, Gotti's grandkids (so far) have not commited any crimes, but why give them a TV show just because their grandfather was responsible for hiring many people murdered?

I don't get it....

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast