740 users online (83 members and 657 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    I will make sure NOT to watch ET Thursday.
    Little by little people will see the insanity of this Celeb/Criminal thing. It's so wrong to reward the same people with fame that we have just punished.

Edited to include this:
    email ET here
    Let them know you will not be watching.

Sudzi

Jules, we boycott "Gotti" too. I think that woman should be in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Jules, we boycott "Gotti" too. I think that woman should be in prison.
    I agree - she's disgusting!

that says it all
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

I keep thinking that I've now heard everything!!!!! BUT THIS IS SICK. IT IS GROSS AND THE MEDIA SHOULD BE ASHAMED. OMG NO MORALS????? If the tables were turned and this was a MAN MARRYING HIS VICTIM..... OH DOLLY!!!!!!! There would be court cases against these stations! THis is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by blueclouds
    I keep thinking that I've now heard everything!!!!! BUT THIS IS SICK. IT IS GROSS AND THE MEDIA SHOULD BE ASHAMED. OMG NO MORALS????? If the tables were turned and this was a MAN MARRYING HIS VICTIM..... OH DOLLY!!!!!!! There would be court cases against these stations! THis is disgusting.
    How could there be court cases? The boy is of legal age now. The media's purpose is to make money and as long as they find an audience they'll keep cranking out the slime. And they WILL find an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by csds703
    I'm just curious if your opinion would be the same if this had happened to your daughter with a male teacher?
    Hi, that's a fair question. I would have been madder than a hatter at the time that my child was 12, who wouldn't have been? However, once the prison term was done and I saw they were going back together as adults I'd accept it, even if I didn't like it. What good would I be doing for any of us to do anything else?

After 21 it's their life, no one else's. Will those who oppose it admit they loved each other if they stay married until death parts them? I doubt it. I wish the best to them. That's all. Each case has it's own set of circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Serra
    Hi, that's a fair question. I would have been madder than a hatter at the time that my child was 12, who wouldn't have been? However, once the prison term was done and I saw they were going back together as adults I'd accept it, even if I didn't like it. What good would I be doing for any of us to do anything else?

After 21 it's their life, no one else's. Will those who oppose it admit they loved each other if they stay married until death parts them? I doubt it. I wish the best to them. That's all. Each case has it's own set of circumstances.

True Ruth. In my opinion, however, since child molesters cannot be rehabilitated, they should either be in prison for life or shot.

Television stations will do anything for ratings. I have no desire to watch it and I won't.

True Ruth. In my opinion, however, since child molesters cannot be rehabilitated, they should either be in prison for life or shot.
    You are so much kinder than I am. I can't even put down in writing what I would want done.

I think that at age 12 that poor kid was so traumatized tht he does think he loves her.
    IMO this is just the result of her abuse.
    Many vicitms react similair. (they like there abuser)

It is just a normal sign of abuse in many cases.
    I am absolutley infuriated by this.

How dare the media glorify this?

And I'll take it one step further. If this had been a male teacher and a male student NOONE would think this ok regardless of time served.

This women should not be permitted to live in society.
    She is a pedophile of the worst kind.
    Because now she is justifying her sickness.

If it had been my 12 year old.......... Well lets just say some gators in the closest pond would have been well fed.
    And I would happily go to prison myself KNOWING no other 12 year old would be a vicitm.

I am BEGGING all of you to PLEASE boycott these television shows. We've got to draw the line someplace and NOT feed into these horrible tabloids.

Totally, one hundred percent agree with you, Jeana! I can't imagine watching this. YUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally
    How could there be court cases? The boy is of legal age now. The media's purpose is to make money and as long as they find an audience they'll keep cranking out the slime. And they WILL find an audience.
    You can sue for indecency and inappropriate material. At least in Canada, we can go through the CRTC for certain shows to be stopped.

I mean come on, this is sick!!!!!!! WHO CARES if he's legal age. THE ONLY REASON THIS IS SENSATIONALIZED IS BECAUSE IT'S A WOMAN.... MARRYING HER VICTIM.

AGAIN, IF a man did this, raped a 12 year old, got her pregnant with HIS CHILDREN 2X'S..... and now wanted to marry her on TV??? The uproar.

This chick should have never ever been allowed around him again.

controversy

No shortage of controversy on this one. If shows such as this one got very low ratings when showing this type of material, they would abandon it in favor of celebrity news that garnered better ratings. And if hardly anyone followed this type of news, then the shows would gradually disappear.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

Quote Originally Posted by blueclouds
    You can sue for indecency and inappropriate material. At least in Canada, we can go through the CRTC for certain shows to be stopped.

I mean come on, this is sick!!!!!!! WHO CARES if he's legal age. THE ONLY REASON THIS IS SENSATIONALIZED IS BECAUSE IT'S A WOMAN.... MARRYING HER VICTIM.

AGAIN, IF a man did this, raped a 12 year old, got her pregnant with HIS CHILDREN 2X'S..... and now wanted to marry her on TV??? The uproar.

This chick should have never ever been allowed around him again.
    I totally agree!!! This wedding is disgusting! Figures Ruth would stick up for her, she defends Scott Peterson too!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast