Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheriff's Office Asks Media for Questions/Presser on July 27

Sheriff's Office Asks Media for Questions/Presser on July 27

MULTNOMAH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE ACCEPTING MEDIA QUESTIONS REGARDING KYRON CASE
    Posted: July 21st, 2010 10:24 AM

Sheriff Daniel Staton and Multnomah County Sheriff's Office understands that the community and media have many questions regarding the Kyron Horman investigation. We can ensure you that our primary goal is to complete a thorough investigation. As stated in prior press releases, there are many decision points which are discussed and filtered among investigators, deputy district attorneys, command staff and other experts. Our detectives and searchers are continuing to follow-up on many leads to include establishing and verifying information relating to Kyron's activities prior to his disappearance.

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office would like to provide the media the opportunity to submit questions they would like answered regarding Kyron Horman case. Please understand and remember this is an ongoing criminal investigation. There will be some questions that cannot be answered based on this fact.

Submit your questions to Kyron.case.questions@mcso.us. This email address will be accepting questions up to 2pm today, July 21, 2010.

A written statement will be released no later than Friday July 23, 2010 based on the questions submitted.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office would also like to announce that a press conference is scheduled for Tuesday July 27, 2010 at the Hanson Building located at 12240 NE Glisan Portland, Oregon. The exact time for this press conference will be announced by Friday July 23, 2010.
    Present at this conference will be Chief Deputy Tim Moore and Lead Investigator of the Kyron case Sgt. Lee Gosson. The purpose of this press conference will be to provide an update of the case and respond to questions that were submitted regarding the case.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

You are quick!! =) Thank you for this info! =)

This means they will only accept e-mails from the media?
    KATU is making it seem that way..

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:

I wonder if they would accept questions from us if we could quickly come up with a 'Top Ten Questions' list.

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Good grief. I'm hating all this interview-by-email crap.

I think we should send in questions. Worst they could do is ignore them.

7. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

I'm sure we will learns lots and lots of new information...
    Just my opinion, of course.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Here are our questions for reporters to ask Kaine and Desiree. I'm gonna snag some and send them in. Of course, since these are to LE, I'll have... just a few additional questions.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108903"]Questions for Reporters to Ask Kaine, Desiree, & Tony***LIST ONLY*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I'm sure we will learns lots and lots of new information...
    Do I detect a note of sarcasm in there...?

I will be glad to hear from LE, though... But if it's a bunch of "no comments," despite this being their idea, I will call them a bunch of teases.

ETA: That is to say, I respect their right to keep silent on cases, but to call a presser and then say "no comment" would be pretty frustrating, IMO.

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    Do I detect a note of sarcasm in there...?

I will be glad to hear from LE, though... But if it's a bunch of "no comments," despite this being their idea, I will call them a bunch of teases.

ETA: That is to say, I respect their right to keep silent on cases, but to call a presser and then say "no comment" would be pretty frustrating, IMO.
    Yes...just a little...I am feeling very cynical about this case today, more so than any other day so far. I think LE should just make their statements as they are not about to answer anything in a PC that anyone really wants to know anyway.
    Just my opinion, of course.

15. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

This reporter from KATU is accepting questions from the public on her Twitter:

http://twitter.com/anitakissee

Her professional page on KATU, for those who want to review her credentials before sending questions:
    http://www.katu.com/about/people/reporters/3517961.html

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

You can also submit questions right on The Skanner's news article, under the article, in the Comments section:

Tell Us Your Questions for the Sheriff on Kyron Case

http://www.theskanner.com/article/view/id/12885

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Our detectives and searchers are continuing to follow-up on many leads to include establishing and verifying information relating to Kyron's activities prior to his disappearance.
    I don't know why, but this comment stood out loudly to me. LE has said over and over and over that TH was the last person to see Kyron. Why would his activities prior matter? And which activities and when...minutes, hours, days or weeks before?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Here's another thread of unanswered questions from our forumites:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107362"]Unanswered questions about Kyron's case ***LIST ONLY-NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    I don't know why, but this comment stood out loudly to me. LE has said over and over and over that TH was the last person to see Kyron. Why would his activities prior matter? And which activities and when...minutes, hours, days or weeks before?
    It says they're confirming Kyron's activities prior to his disappearance, not prior to the time at which Terri last saw him. That's indeed very interesting. I wonder how much time they think there was in between when Terri last saw him, and when he disappeared.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Yes...just a little...I am feeling very cynical about this case today, more so than any other day so far. I think LE should just make their statements as they are not about to answer anything in a PC that anyone really wants to know anyway.
    I can't comment on that as it's part of the investigation.

I can think of a few dozen questions, but not many that would be answered by LE other than "we can't comment on that because it's part of the investigation."
    Well, gee... everything we want to know is part of the investigation, right? So why bother with questions? Just give us what you got and be done with it.

28. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    I can think of a few dozen questions, but not many that would be answered by LE other than "we can't comment on that because it's part of the investigation."
    Well, gee... everything we want to know is part of the investigation, right? So why bother with questions? Just give us what you got and be done with it.
    We can always ask: "Hey, how are you? Coffee in the break room good? How about that fall lineup?"

Maybe they can answer that stuff... Unless it is also part of the investigation.
    Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 07-21-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typo: I don't know my "ask" from a hole in the ground

Did Terri and kaine sext each other? (facetious but gotta wonder)
    Why weren't Kyron and his project picked up at school?
    How did Kyron and James get along?

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xin For This Useful Post:

I don't know, it's worth a shot.
    Q: Have Desiree and Kaine taken and passed polygraphs?
    A: yes.
    Q: Has TH passed a polygraph?
    A: No comment.
    Q. Can you verify Kaine's whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared?
    A: Yes.
    Q: Can you verify TH's whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared?
    Q: To you knowledge, has Kaine or Desiree provided LE with false information?
    A: No.
    Q: What about TH?
    Q: Are there cell phone ping reports for TH's phone and if so, where was the phone pinging on the day Kyron disappeared?

These are questions I have. If they were answered the way I wrote above, the answers would be clear regardless of whether they commented or not.
    I share frustration with many here. I don't understand the point of tantalizing us with the possibility of answering questions when it is unlikely that LE will be able to answer
    the meatier questions. What's the point of this? Just tell everyone that an active investigation is going on, they know how badly the public wants answers, they are working hard but simply cannot comment right now, and then...shut up.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    It says they're confirming Kyron's activities prior to his disappearance, not prior to the time at which Terri last saw him. That's indeed very interesting. I wonder how much time they think there was in between when Terri last saw him, and when he disappeared.
    Jason Gates: "Detectives working this case is exhaustive...Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared."
    http://news.opb.org/article/7622-q-d...n-horman-case/

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    I can't comment on that as it's part of the investigation.
    I actually have hope that LE will provide us with a tidbit, something, no matter how small, that we don't already know. A lot of no comments with a tiny treat.

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:

Okay, I sent off the following questions in the vain hope that they will be answered:
    Q: Have Desiree and Kaine taken and passed polygraphs?
    Q: Has Terri Horman passed a polygraph?
    Q. Can you verify Kaine's whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared?
    Q: Can you verify Terri's whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared?
    Q: To you knowledge, has Kaine or Desiree provided LE with false information?
    Q: What about Terri Horman?
    Q: Are there cell phone ping reports for TH's phone and if so, where was the phone pinging on the day Kyron disappeared?
    Q: Did Terri Horman use a sitter for the baby on the day Kryon disappeared and if so, during what time period?
    Q: Did anyone see Kyron at the school after the science fair and if so, at what time?
    Q: Did anyone see Terri Horman drive away from school on the day Kyron disappeared and if so, when?
    Q: Are you actually, physically searching for Kyron at this time, as in searching woods, bodies of water, properties, etc.?
    Q: Should the local public be searching their own properties for evidence or for Kyron?
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Yep, last known person to see him before he disappeared. I wonder how much time LE thinks there is between the point in time at which she saw him, and when he disappeared.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Q: When are you going to stop playing games and either clear Terri Horman or name her a suspect?

Obviously this question by email thing is not just Kaine being a control freak.... the Sheriff's department likes the idea too.

Chief Deputy who? and Sgt who? will be at the press conference?! Seriously, new people every time. HOW are we supposed to read them when they are new? Gates and Staton we have "gotten to know" a bit. Why the new guys?

Grrrr.

MULTNOMAH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE ACCEPTING MEDIA QUESTIONS REGARDING KYRON CASE
    Posted: July 21st, 2010 10:24 AM
    Submit your questions to Kyron.case.questions@mcso.us. This email address will be accepting questions up to 2pm today, July 21, 2010.

A written statement will be released no later than Friday July 23, 2010 based on the questions submitted.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office would also like to announce that a press conference is scheduled for Tuesday July 27, 2010 at the Hanson Building located at 12240 NE Glisan Portland, Oregon. The exact time for this press conference will be announced by Friday July 23, 2010.
    Present at this conference will be Chief Deputy Tim Moore and Lead Investigator of the Kyron case Sgt. Lee Gosson. The purpose of this press conference will be to provide an update of the case and respond to questions that were submitted regarding the case.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

ONLY presser I'm interested in hearing at this time is Kyron had been found..Hopefully alive..JMO

46. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast