Sheriff's Office Asks Media for Questions/Presser on July 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
MULTNOMAH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE ACCEPTING MEDIA QUESTIONS REGARDING KYRON CASE
Posted: July 21st, 2010 10:24 AM

Sheriff Daniel Staton and Multnomah County Sheriff's Office understands that the community and media have many questions regarding the Kyron Horman investigation. We can ensure you that our primary goal is to complete a thorough investigation. As stated in prior press releases, there are many decision points which are discussed and filtered among investigators, deputy district attorneys, command staff and other experts. Our detectives and searchers are continuing to follow-up on many leads to include establishing and verifying information relating to Kyron's activities prior to his disappearance.

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office would like to provide the media the opportunity to submit questions they would like answered regarding Kyron Horman case. Please understand and remember this is an ongoing criminal investigation. There will be some questions that cannot be answered based on this fact.

Submit your questions to Kyron.case.questions@mcso.us. This email address will be accepting questions up to 2pm today, July 21, 2010.

A written statement will be released no later than Friday July 23, 2010 based on the questions submitted.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office would also like to announce that a press conference is scheduled for Tuesday July 27, 2010 at the Hanson Building located at 12240 NE Glisan Portland, Oregon. The exact time for this press conference will be announced by Friday July 23, 2010.
Present at this conference will be Chief Deputy Tim Moore and Lead Investigator of the Kyron case Sgt. Lee Gosson. The purpose of this press conference will be to provide an update of the case and respond to questions that were submitted regarding the case.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

You are quick!! =) Thank you for this info! =)

This means they will only accept e-mails from the media?
KATU is making it seem that way..

Good grief. I'm hating all this interview-by-email crap.

I think we should send in questions. Worst they could do is ignore them.

I'm sure we will learns lots and lots of new information...

I'm sure we will learns lots and lots of new information...

Do I detect a note of sarcasm in there...?

I will be glad to hear from LE, though... But if it's a bunch of "no comments," despite this being their idea, I will call them a bunch of teases.

ETA: That is to say, I respect their right to keep silent on cases, but to call a presser and then say "no comment" would be pretty frustrating, IMO.

Do I detect a note of sarcasm in there...?

I will be glad to hear from LE, though... But if it's a bunch of "no comments," despite this being their idea, I will call them a bunch of teases.

ETA: That is to say, I respect their right to keep silent on cases, but to call a presser and then say "no comment" would be pretty frustrating, IMO.

Yes...just a little...I am feeling very cynical about this case today, more so than any other day so far. I think LE should just make their statements as they are not about to answer anything in a PC that anyone really wants to know anyway.

Our detectives and searchers are continuing to follow-up on many leads to include establishing and verifying information relating to Kyron's activities prior to his disappearance.

I don't know why, but this comment stood out loudly to me. LE has said over and over and over that TH was the last person to see Kyron. Why would his activities prior matter? And which activities and when...minutes, hours, days or weeks before?

Here's another thread of unanswered questions from our forumites:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107362"]Unanswered questions about Kyron's case ***LIST ONLY-NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I don't know why, but this comment stood out loudly to me. LE has said over and over and over that TH was the last person to see Kyron. Why would his activities prior matter? And which activities and when...minutes, hours, days or weeks before?

It says they're confirming Kyron's activities prior to his disappearance, not prior to the time at which Terri last saw him. That's indeed very interesting. I wonder how much time they think there was in between when Terri last saw him, and when he disappeared.

Yes...just a little...I am feeling very cynical about this case today, more so than any other day so far. I think LE should just make their statements as they are not about to answer anything in a PC that anyone really wants to know anyway.

I can't comment on that as it's part of the investigation.

I can think of a few dozen questions, but not many that would be answered by LE other than "we can't comment on that because it's part of the investigation."
Well, gee... everything we want to know is part of the investigation, right? So why bother with questions? Just give us what you got and be done with it.

I can think of a few dozen questions, but not many that would be answered by LE other than "we can't comment on that because it's part of the investigation."
Well, gee... everything we want to know is part of the investigation, right? So why bother with questions? Just give us what you got and be done with it.

We can always ask: "Hey, how are you? Coffee in the break room good? How about that fall lineup?"

Maybe they can answer that stuff... Unless it is also part of the investigation.

Did Terri and kaine sext each other? (facetious but gotta wonder)
Why weren't Kyron and his project picked up at school?
How did Kyron and James get along?

I don't know, it's worth a shot.
Q: Have Desiree and Kaine taken and passed polygraphs?
A: yes.
Q: Has TH passed a polygraph?
A: No comment.
Q. Can you verify Kaine's whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared?
A: Yes.
Q: Can you verify TH's whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared?
Q: To you knowledge, has Kaine or Desiree provided LE with false information?
A: No.
Q: What about TH?
Q: Are there cell phone ping reports for TH's phone and if so, where was the phone pinging on the day Kyron disappeared?

These are questions I have. If they were answered the way I wrote above, the answers would be clear regardless of whether they commented or not.
I share frustration with many here. I don't understand the point of tantalizing us with the possibility of answering questions when it is unlikely that LE will be able to answer
the meatier questions. What's the point of this? Just tell everyone that an active investigation is going on, they know how badly the public wants answers, they are working hard but simply cannot comment right now, and then...shut up.

It says they're confirming Kyron's activities prior to his disappearance, not prior to the time at which Terri last saw him. That's indeed very interesting. I wonder how much time they think there was in between when Terri last saw him, and when he disappeared.

Jason Gates: "Detectives working this case is exhaustive...Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared."
http://news.opb.org/article/7622-q-developments-kyron-horman-case/

I can't comment on that as it's part of the investigation.

I actually have hope that LE will provide us with a tidbit, something, no matter how small, that we don't already know. A lot of no comments with a tiny treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth