740 users online (157 members and 583 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Kaine attends 3 hours of meetings at sheriff's office

Kyron's dad attends 3 hours of meetings at sheriff's office

Posted on July 21, 2010 at 11:45 AM

The father of missing seven-year-old Kyron Horman attended three hours of meetings at the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office Tuesday.

KGW’s live truck was parked outside the sheriff’s office as Kaine Horman entered the building around 6 p.m. and left around 9 p.m. However, Kaine told KGW on the way out that he did not wish to comment on the three hours of meetings he had just attended.

Lt. Mary Lindstrand, a spokeswoman with the sheriff’s office, also told KGW she would not comment on why Kaine was there Tuesday.

Late Wednesday morning, Sheriff Daniel Staton released a statement to the media promising he was working to complete a thorough investigation, even if he could not elaborate on all the details.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyrons...-98945234.html

Wow...three hours?!? That's a long time.
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

I wonder what it was about, and I wonder why he didn't want to make any comment at all.

Three hours is a long time. He was probably exhausted and frazzled and wanting to get home to baby K.

It didn't say, but I wonder if DY and TY were there. And if not, why not?
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

If it was just him for that long,sounds like questioning and a polygraph.Were there any video of him leaving?I would like to see his demeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    IDK - did they return to their home (IIRC) 4-5 hours away or are they staying in town? Perhaps 6pm is too late for them to meet on a work night with such a long drive home.

ETA: It is also possible LE just wants to talk to everyone separately to try to square accounts before moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    BEcause for this meeting, the focus was completely on Kaine. Cops do not do group interrogations. They separate witnesses.

It's also possible that DY and TY were on speakerphone, or will be briefed separately since they are so far away. Though 3 hours seems like a long time for an update, unless there are new developments or leads.

Of course, it's also possible that the tide is turning and they are putting others under the microscope!

Well, LE has said all along, when they have spoken, that "everyone is a POI".
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by winterrose View Post
    If it was just him for that long,sounds like questioning and a polygraph.Were there any video of him leaving?I would like to see his demeanor.
    I just checked the raw video page. Nothing yet.

Maybe it was just questioning about his soon to be ex-wife or discussing his grand jury testimony with him? Kaine's activities on June 4th were videotaped by numerous security cameras in Intel's parking lot and inside the building. ( No, I don't have a reference on the exact number of surveillance cameras at Intel. Use common sense. )

Quote Originally Posted by xin View Post
    BEcause for this meeting, the focus was completely on Kaine. Cops do not do group interrogations. They separate witnesses.
    I think the issue is, though, that we don't know if this was a meeting (re: case update) or an interrogation, as such. I don't want to speak for Surfie on this, but that's what I got out of his/her question. "Meeting" is a careful (yet ambiguous) word, IMO.
    Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 07-21-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: didn't want to assume OP's gender

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    Maybe it was just questioning about his soon to be ex-wife or discussing grand jury testimony with him? Kaine's activities on June 4th were videotaped by numerous security cameras in Intel's parking lot and inside the building. ( No, I don't have a reference on the exact number of surveillance cameras at Intel. Use common sense. )
    I was offline for a religious holiday earlier this week, and I have been having trouble keeping up with the volume of threads. Is this how they know for sure he was at work all day on June 4th? (I just ask b/c I didn't see any clear info on that in the thread on this topic, and that was going to be one of my questions I wanted to ask LE for their statement/presser.)

ETA: I'm going to take another leaf through the thread on this issue and see if I can catch myself up. I thought I'd link it in case anyone else was interested:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106920"]Was Kaine at home or work the day that Kyron disappeared? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I didn't look up the link for you, but the KGW newscast last night included video of KH leaving the Sheriff's office.

He's already taken and passed a polygraph....IIRC....maybe going over Terris cell phone records....her computer activity....her sexting activity
    IMO

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast