Casey's hair & court attire

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
On TruTv right now there is a case where the female defendant made a motion prior to trial to be able to apply makeup prior to entering the courtroom each day. Her request was granted.

During a discussion of this - someone on the TV show mentioned that Casey Anthony had obtained special permission to "have her hair done" prior to each of her court appearances. Has anyone else ever heard of this in regard to the Anthony case?

This discussion would have taken place yesterday on either TrueTV, JVM Issues, Nancy Grace show or the Joy Behar Show. Anyone else here catch this?

And what exactly I wonder would "get your hair done" mean while you are in jail? There's a beauty salon? How DO prisoners get their hair cut in the local county jail, if anyone knows? Presumably everyone gets to look decent and well-groomed when they go to court?

Interesting. I remember reading Robyn (I think) the inmate that was ICA's "cookie" was allowed to cut ICA's hair one time. I am sure this is not allowed and have always wondered how they go about getting their hair cut in jail.

It was a commentator this morning, Wednesday, who said that the state paid for KC to have her hair done before court appearances. I heard this on InSessions commenting on the current murder trial because of a request by the defendant to have access to makeup.

Does ICA have the option to get her hair cut in the jail salon? I think it is weird if Cookie was allowed to be running around in a jail with shears. I've always wondered about this subject, too.

MC had her hair braided by a fellow inmate. She and KC seem to be in a contest of who can grow their hair the longest to hide behind in court.

It doesn't look like they do more than wash/dry it at the most, or just comb/spray it at the least. She needs a cut, the ends look raggy to me. I have no problem with her getting it fixed, or having access to make up. She should be able to present herself in the way that she & her lawyers have chosen.

If I was a taxpaying citizen of Florida and I was paying for any type of makeup artist/hair beautician to beautify this XXXXXXXXXXXX for her court appearance, I would be searching for my pitchfork and torch! Give her a non-disinfected comb and call it "good enough".

The STATE pays for her to "get her hair done"?
That's crazy.:crazy:
for real.

:cow:

I'm sure the defense have given KC instructions on how her hair should be worn to soften her image, but her long hair and pretty face and dainty hands all fill me with horror, I don't like looking at her, I think of the charges and the evidence against her and have an image of a cold face and silky hair gleaming in the sunshine and delicate hands tossing a decomposing murdered baby into a swamp and it detracts mightily, never has 'pretty is as pretty does' seemed so devastatingly true.

It was a commentator this morning, Wednesday, who said that the state paid for KC to have her hair done before court appearances. I heard this on InSessions commenting on the current murder trial because of a request by the defendant to have access to makeup.

WOW!! I am not happy to be paying for her hair to be styled for court. If she wants to have those services she should pay for it with her own money. Did the JAC approve this? Does JP know this?

I don't know about Florida, but in Cali defendants have the right to be presentable. They do have full salons in prison....I don't know about jail.....if you look at several male trials, you'll see that they clean them up for their court appearances....shaves, hair cuts, etc., wish I could remember the most recent one where the defendant was heavily bearded with long scraggly hair......he was in custody and arrived in court looking entirely different......short hair, business suit, clean shaved.....they must have to provide the same services for women because their presentation is part of their defense....FWIW

Does ICA have the option to get her hair cut in the jail salon? I think it is weird if Cookie was allowed to be running around in a jail with shears. I've always wondered about this subject, too.

MC had her hair braided by a fellow inmate. She and KC seem to be in a contest of who can grow their hair the longest to hide behind in court.

This is probably part of the reason the CO was fired. Letting the inmates have inappropriate contact.

Interesting. I remember reading Robyn (I think) the inmate that was ICA's "cookie" was allowed to cut ICA's hair one time. I am sure this is not allowed and have always wondered how they go about getting their hair cut in jail.

he he, can you imagine LE giving inmates scissors? I remember when Scott Peterson got his hair buzzed -- I'm sure compliments of his attorney. They (atty's) must have something worked out so she can get her hair "did" before court.

ps: I find it kinda funny that we have a thread to discuss Caysey's hair :)

Hugs,

Mel

ETA: now I'm curious how she shaves her legs/underarms. hmmmm....

If I was a taxpaying citizen of Florida and I was paying for any type of makeup artist/hair beautician to beautify this XXXXXXXXXXXX for her court appearance, I would be searching for my pitchfork and torch! Give her a non-disinfected comb and call it "good enough".

Well, I know we seem pretty backwoods here in Florida, but so far no one has overrun the courthouse with pitchforks and torches.

In the eyes of the court, she is innocent, until a jury finds her guilty. She has the right to present herself in a way that is presentable. A dirty, unkempt look might make her "appear" to be guilty.

Now if she showed up with an expensive, amazing looking haircut, or a perm or highlights, I'd be pizzed, but so far it doesn't seem too over-the-top.

JMO. I understand your anger, I really do, but I also believe in the law and the rights that our country has fought for.

Well, I know we seem pretty backwoods here in Florida, but so far no one has overrun the courthouse with pitchforks and torches.
In the eyes of the court, she is innocent, until a jury finds her guilty. She has the right to present herself in a way that is presentable. A dirty, unkempt look might make her "appear" to be guilty.

Now if she showed up with an expensive, amazing looking haircut, or a perm or highlights, I'd be pizzed, but so far it doesn't seem too over-the-top.

JMO. I understand your anger, I really do, but I also believe in the law and the rights that our country has fought for.

BBM: Now THAT was funny :)

I'm bummed that I'm on unemployment (not being paid anymore of course - thanks Congress). But getting my hair done is a luxury I cannot afford. Yet, heres ICA getting her hair done compliments of the state.

Something seems so wrong about that!

MOO

Mel

well, i know we seem pretty backwoods here in florida, but so far no one has overrun the courthouse with pitchforks and torches.

Now if she showed up with an expensive, amazing looking haircut, or a perm or highlights, i'd be pizzed, but so far it doesn't seem too over-the-top.

Jmo. I understand your anger, i really do, but i also believe in the law and the rights that our country has fought for.

ita......

If she was keeping a shorter cut, then yes, she needs to be trimmed and such.
Longer hair.....can't she just shower and wash it and brush it herself?

Ay,ay, ay....No matter how much makeup, how much combing, how much product they use, nothing will detract from the actions that Casey made against Caylee. You can only cover up that "stink" with cologne for only a short while. Hope the jury that is chosen won't be dazzled by her beautiful long tresses and batting eyelashes.

I feel an inmate should be able to shower, shampoo and clean up for their court appearance. Nothing extra. Just the normal way a person would get ready to go to work (I know, a novelty for KC). But as far as having her hair "done", No. She has shampoo, conditioner brush and comb. That is enough.

I can't help but think that I would love to see her hair held in place with duct tape though. I'm not feeling too kindly toward her at this point. :furious:

I think she should be presentable for court but I'm very curious about this. I was in the courtroom at the hearing on the 15th and I thought then that it appeared her hair had been flat ironed so I was wondering how and when that happened. I'm sure she isn't allowed a hot flat iron in jail. There is a bit of a discussion about that on the last couple of pages of [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109629"]this thread[/ame] so I thought I'd just write to Kathi Belich and see if she might know whether or not we tax payers are paying for a stylist for KC. As I said, I think she should be presentable but she can be presentable without having her hair done IMO. Haven't heard back yet (after watching the news I see she is busy with a document dump from another case) but I will let you know when and if I do.

Ay,ay, ay....No matter how much makeup, how much combing, how much product they use, nothing will detract from the actions that Casey made against Caylee. You can only cover up that "stink" with cologne for only a short while. Hope the jury that is chosen won't be dazzled by her beautiful long tresses and batting eyelashes.

LOL -- you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021