1238 users online (273 members and 965 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Police Investigate Bret Michaels Tour Buses For Drugs

DeKalb County Police Investigate Bret Michaels Tour Buses For Drugs

Thursday, July 22, 2010

(AUBURN) - Two tour buses belonging to entertainer Bret Michaels were searched by DeKalb County Police late Wednesday night as a traffic stop turned into a drug investigation. Deputy Aaron Long and says he and Corporal Joe McGrade made the traffic stop on northbound I-69 near the 137 mile marker at about 11:30pm. The buses were apparently heading to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan for a Thursday night concert. After getting license and registration information from the drivers, Long and McGrade used their K-9's to conduct vehicle scans. Both K-9's alerted for the smell of narcotics coming from the front bus. Steuben County Sheriff's Department Deputy Adam Miller then arrived with his K-9 to search the second bus which contained Michaels. Dogs belonging to Miller and McGrade both alerted to the presence of narcotics. Police say searches on both buses produced marijuana as well as a quantity of Schedule Two controlled substances in the front bus. Long says charges have been forwarded to the DeKalb County Prosecutors Office for review. None of the bus occupants including Michaels were arrested following the search.

http://www.wlki.com/news.php

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

oh crap, I hope after everything's he's been through recently that he isn't doing drugs

what's a schedule two controlled substance btw?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    oh crap, I hope after everything's he's been through recently that he isn't doing drugs

what's a schedule two controlled substance btw?
    The wikipedia has the list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...drugs_%28US%29

I like Brett and I am going to assume that appropriate prescriptions were found for the narcotics and a script for medical marijuana. Otherwise, arrests should have been made.

A CNN article for interest. He better come up clean considering the massive support he's gained with all of his troubles.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/...id=0P0joYuTbEz

"Schedule II substances are those defined as having a high potential for addiction or abuse, but also have a legitimate medical purpose."

I think he might just have a legitimate medical purpose.

Stuff was found on two different buses. May or may not even be his.

So there was a little weed being used on a tour bus...as long s it wsn't the driver, who really cares?

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Stuff was found on two different buses. May or may not even be his.

So there was a little weed being used on a tour bus...as long s it wsn't the driver, who really cares?
    Hmm this is kind of funny. When it was Little Wayne's bus that got pulled over and the same thing was found on it he was arrested and everybody called him a **** and said he needs to be in jail. Now it's Brett Michaels and the attitude from most people is "so it was a little this or that, who cares." I just find that funny.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
    Hmm this is kind of funny. When it was Little Wayne's bus that got pulled over and the same thing was found on it he was arrested and everybody called him a **** and said he needs to be in jail. Now it's Brett Michaels and the attitude from most people is "so it was a little this or that, who cares." I just find that funny.
    I wasn't aware of the case you speak of, I wouldn't even know Little Wayne if I tripped over him....

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice