995 users online (180 members and 815 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010.07.24 - The Oregonian: Armchair detectives article

Hello Everyone!

This morning Tricia and I had interviews with a reporter for the Oregonian. We're not sure when the story will be released, but we wanted our wonderful Websleuths family to know about it first.

We talked mostly about Kyron but we talked about other issues also.

Please know that we did our best to express what Websleuths means to us and how much we want to find Kyron, but we don't know how our words will look on paper. When the article comes out, we will open this thread for comments, questions, concerns and even kudos! We hope it will be a positive experience for each and every one of us.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Thank you Kimster.

We both spoke with Kimberly Wilson. My conversation with Kimberly was wonderful.

By the questions she asked I could tell she is getting us. Understanding what we, as in Websleuths, is really trying to do.

As soon as the article comes out we will open this thread. I want to stress that if you have any questions about how I run Websleuths, about the decisions we make, ANYTHING, please ask. I have nothing to hide.

Take Care,
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out our Facebook page
    Follow me on Twitter

Tricia Griffith
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Thanks RubyRed for letting me know the article is out! I'm going to go and read it now.

Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Meet "Kimster," a 51-year-old Eugene-area emptynester with a penchant for Ann Rule's psychological true-crime thrillers.

Griffith is a hobbyist whose Websleuths site has logged over 5 million posts since she bought it in 2004. Her crimeblog doesn't tolerate blatant namecalling and nitpicking and her critics complain that rulebreakers are often banned. But if you have a theory of who did what to whom in the Kyron Horman case, your chatter is welcome, she said. For her part, Griffith is unabashedly suspicious of Terri Horman.

Thank You for your contributions to the article. It was interesting.

We talked a LONG time so I thought there would be more in there that we talked about, but the "jist" of the conversation actually ran through the whole article. It is interesting to see that so many of us are on the same page.

By the way, I said "21" not "51". Joking!

I like the story! Thanks, Kimberly! I hope we hear from you again!

Hinky Hollow
    Wow, I didn't see the words "bored housewives" once!!!!! Way to go Ladies!
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

Wow! What a great article!

She was very interested in Abraham's case when I talked to her. I don't blame her! I was watching that thread when it all came down and it was surreal!

Nothing to see here, move along...
    Interesting, fair article. Nicely done, you guys!

Herding Cats

Good article! Fantastic job, ladies!
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Wow! Great Article!

I've changed the title to go with the article to make our archives easier.

BTW, for those who are new here, Valhall is also a WS member. I loved her quote at the end!!!

I loved that she showed that crime forum members are not just housewives with nothing better to do, but people with real skills, knowledge and intellect! It never ceases to amaze me all the fields of expertise we have here, working together - something you don't always see in the cases we work on in the real investigations. My favorite line was the last one, "Google it!" Trisha, Kimster and Kimberly - THANKS for representing us!!!!!! You did good!

Great going! I really enjoyed the article!

*Very* cool! I emailed Ms. Wilson as well with my thanks for an interesting article.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast