2010.07.24 - The Oregonian: Armchair detectives article

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Hello Everyone!

This morning Tricia and I had interviews with a reporter for the Oregonian. We're not sure when the story will be released, but we wanted our wonderful Websleuths family to know about it first. :)

We talked mostly about Kyron but we talked about other issues also.

Please know that we did our best to express what Websleuths means to us and how much we want to find Kyron, but we don't know how our words will look on paper. When the article comes out, we will open this thread for comments, questions, concerns and even kudos! We hope it will be a positive experience for each and every one of us.

:grouphug:

Thank you Kimster.

We both spoke with Kimberly Wilson. My conversation with Kimberly was wonderful.

By the questions she asked I could tell she is getting us. Understanding what we, as in Websleuths, is really trying to do.

As soon as the article comes out we will open this thread. I want to stress that if you have any questions about how I run Websleuths, about the decisions we make, ANYTHING, please ask. I have nothing to hide.

Take Care,
Tricia

Meet "Kimster," a 51-year-old Eugene-area emptynester with a penchant for Ann Rule's psychological true-crime thrillers.

Griffith is a hobbyist whose Websleuths site has logged over 5 million posts since she bought it in 2004. Her crimeblog doesn't tolerate blatant namecalling and nitpicking and her critics complain that rulebreakers are often banned. But if you have a theory of who did what to whom in the Kyron Horman case, your chatter is welcome, she said. For her part, Griffith is unabashedly suspicious of Terri Horman.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/armchair_detectives_true-crime.html

Thank You for your contributions to the article. It was interesting.

We talked a LONG time so I thought there would be more in there that we talked about, but the "jist" of the conversation actually ran through the whole article. It is interesting to see that so many of us are on the same page. :)

By the way, I said "21" not "51". :floorlaugh: Joking! :wink:

I like the story! Thanks, Kimberly! I hope we hear from you again! :highfive:

Wow, I didn't see the words "bored housewives" once!!!!! Way to go Ladies!

She was very interested in Abraham's case when I talked to her. I don't blame her! I was watching that thread when it all came down and it was surreal!

Interesting, fair article. Nicely done, you guys!

Best-
Herding Cats

I've changed the title to go with the article to make our archives easier.

BTW, for those who are new here, Valhall is also a WS member. I loved her quote at the end!!!

I loved that she showed that crime forum members are not just housewives with nothing better to do, but people with real skills, knowledge and intellect! It never ceases to amaze me all the fields of expertise we have here, working together - something you don't always see in the cases we work on in the real investigations. My favorite line was the last one, "Google it!" Trisha, Kimster and Kimberly - THANKS for representing us!!!!!! You did good!

Great going! I really enjoyed the article!

*Very* cool! I emailed Ms. Wilson as well with my thanks for an interesting article.

We talked a LONG time so I thought there would be more in there that we talked about, but the "jist" of the conversation actually ran through the whole article. It is interesting to see that so many of us are on the same page. :)

By the way, I said "21" not "51". :floorlaugh: Joking! :wink:

I like the story! Thanks, Kimberly! I hope we hear from you again! :highfive:

Great job Kim and Tricia! You make us proud!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

You know, this is honestly my way of living my dream. I want to go to school for Criminal Justice, but life has not allowed that to happen. I have to take care of my mother, and when I get home in the evenings I have three wonderful kids I have to take care of, and my hubby is going to school for software engineering and works a full time job. So life doesn't allow me to follow my dreams RIGHT NOW, but WS gives me a way to still at least feel as though I am doing something to help. I remember Abraham Shakespears case. I didn't have much time to participate but I read it every day, I was SHOCKED when DEE first came on here acting like her own child, and was defending herself. The guys here that were working on that case were AWESOME.

I honestly beleive we do a lot of good here and I think that LE checks here regularly, as it helps that we do a lot of leg work, for free. Strivkly because we all have a heart to help. Of course they verify what we findout but you know free labor is always the best.

So Congrats to all my fellow WS, although we come here for love not recogition it is nice to see we are appreciated to some extent. Thanks to Tricia for giving us an outlet. Thanks to Kimster and ALL the mods who give so much to make this possable.

PSSST.........

Check out the comment section of the article quickly before its removed, theres talk about a Jury meeting Monday from D's cousin.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back