2010.07.26 - Kyron Horman case featured on Dateline

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotslass

Reaction score
The show will air Monday, July 26, 2010 at 10:00 p.m./ET.

The following are excerpts from the show.

went missing:

KATE SNOW: You’ve been informed that she was trying to hire someone to murder you.

//

KAINE HORMAN: I didn’t believe it at first. It was something that I couldn’t even wrap my head around at the time–

//

SNOW: There’d been no indication in your marriage–

KAINE HORMAN: No.

SNOW: –that things were that bad or that she was upset with you.

KAINE HORMAN: No.

//

SNOW: Do you fear for your safety now, Kaine? For your daughter?

KAINE HORMAN: I fear for my daughter.

//

SNOW: Do you think she is capable of hurting a child?

KAINE HORMAN: If you asked me before this situation, my answer’s no. Based on what I know now, I don’t know.

//

KAINE HORMAN: I think anything is possible, based on the way things have gone over the past few weeks.

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=8279

RE: Tony reveals to “Dateline” that the police asked Terri Horman to submit to a polygraph more than once:

TONY YOUNG: I thought something must not be right. Something must not be allowing them to check her off the list.

:waitasec: I thought she had come home and told everybody on and on how she failed the polys. I don't understand what he was confused about. He's LE - shouldn't he know that LE doesn't rule out people who keep failing polys? I don't get this.

KATE SNOW: Is it possible, though, that she was just nervous, that she didn’t pass her lie detector test with flying colors because she was emotional or upset or–

TONY YOUNG: // There’s more to it than just that. // The information that you’re giving, does it does it hit your ear and sound right? Does it make sense? //

Okay. I don't get this either. The LDT machine senses that something doesn't hit its ear right? And that gives an electronic 'fail' signal?

I'm just not understanding this stuff.

KATE SNOW: Is it possible, though, that she was just nervous, that she didn’t pass her lie detector test with flying colors because she was emotional or upset or–

TONY YOUNG: // There’s more to it than just that. // The information that you’re giving, does it does it hit your ear and sound right? Does it make sense? //

Okay. I don't get this either. The LDT machine senses that something doesn't hit its ear right? And that gives an electronic 'fail' signal?

BBM

You surely didn't expect anything in this case to make sense did you? :)

Since it is my understanding TY and DY were staying at the house for a period of time after Kyron was reported missing I suspect TY is referring to some things she may have stated that just didn't ring true...Didn't make sense...JMO

Coincidence that the LE presser is scheduled the day after Dateline airs?

BBM

Come join the club & please pass that bottle!:Banane35:

They filmed this about 2 weeks ago, so I doubt there will be much new in it. We will probably be aware of anything that is in this show...

Kate Snow was asking him if it's possible TH was just nervous, sparking a fail on her LDT.

TY was answering Snow's question by asking her to imagine she was the person administering the LDT, to show her that nervousness wasn't the only thing LE was looking at during the test. TY was saying LE also listen carefully to see if the information the person is giving during the LDT sounds plausible, seems to make sense.

In other words, even if she was nervous enough to spike a fail on the test, her answers should have made sense when compared to the stuff LE already knew. Her answers likely did not make sense or fit with the facts they already had.

Bumping the Dateline thread to remind people to set their DVRs.

I have to admit, I wish the Dateline show would air a couple of days after tomorrow's press conference:

There will be a press conference on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 regarding the case of missing Kyron Horman. The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office will hold the press conference at 2:00 p.m.

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=8302

Who knows what gaps might be filled in...

Bumping the Dateline thread to remind people to set their DVRs.

I have to admit, I wish the Dateline show would air a couple of days after tomorrow's press conference:

Who knows what gaps might be filled in...

Just set it and added a reminder to my phone:)

Those clips in the OP are in the Today Show video I just posted in the Today's News thread. Same news outlet - NBC - so they're apparently sharing video clips.

What I understand is that Tony is trying to explain why his hink meter was going off as pertains to Terri's timeline that day and he is doing so during the LDT answer. Interviewer asks about whether its possible Terri failed out of nervousness. Tony is not answering that question but rather explaining why he, personally, thinks there is both hink and stink in Terri's account.

ETA From Tony's perspective, her accounts just don't hit the ear right and he supposes they didn't hit the ear of the LDT examiner right either.

What I understand is that Tony is trying to explain why his hink meter was going off as pertains to Terri's timeline that day and he is doing so during the LDT answer. Interviewer asks about whether its possible Terri failed out of nervousness. Tony is not answering that question but rather explaining why he, personally, thinks there is both hink and stink in Terri's account.

ETA From Tony's perspective, her accounts just don't hit the ear right and he supposes they didn't hit the ear of the LDT examiner right either.

Yes, I noticed he didn't answer the question. Why didn't he?

Keep in mind these are quotes taken out of context of the complete conversation. I think it will make more sense when heard in whole.

The interviewer is asking about the lie detector but Tony is thinking beyond that.

Tony isn't talking about the Lie dectector in my opinion. He is saying it is more than just that. Meaning he sensed something else in her

When read in full it makes more sense. The follow up question was

"She isn't making any sense?"

"Not from the information I heard from her."

BBM IMO he isn't talking about the lie detector at all because he is locking in on what he heard from her.

Complete quote below.

KATE SNOW: She wasn’t making sense?

TONY YOUNG: Not from the information I heard from her.

I won't speculate too much because I wholeheartedly believe you must be cautious in forming opinions when quotes are taken out of context; however, if the suspicion of Terri is based on the feelings of people who don't seem to have liked her anyway, and perhaps resented her because she was Kyron's primary caretaker, then I'm going to be more firmly on the fence than I was when I woke up this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10