GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIMROCK, AZ - Crews in northern Arizona are searching for a 2-year-old boy who went missing from a campground near Rimrock early Sunday.

Yavapai County Sheriff's Office spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn said Syler Newton was last seen around midnight inside a tent while sleeping with family members. The family was reportedly camping at the Beaver Creek Campground southeast of Highway 179 off Interstate 17.

According to D'Evelyn, around 1:45 a.m. the family discovered Syler was missing from his sleeping bag. Family members reportedly searched the area before calling 911 for assistance.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-who-went-missing-from-northern-az-campground

Oh no... that doesnt sound good... hope the sweetie is found safe very soon....

How in the world did a 2 year old manage to unzip a tent in the dark?

I don't see any mention of dogs being brought in, they really should bring dogs in.

Thank god that it has only been in the low 90's there, and it looks like a chance of showers for the next few days.

I hope they find him soon, it has been way to long already....

Oh Good according to this article bloodhounds HAVE been brought in, Prayers ...

...................................................................................................................................................................................
Massive search for toddler who wandered away from campsite near Rimrock

RIMROCK, Ariz. - Search and rescue teams are in the Arizona wilderness looking for a toddler who wandered away from his family.

The search is going on around the Beaver Creek campground just north of Rimrock.

Yavapai County sheriff’s deputies, along with search and rescue personnel, are involved in the search for the missing 2-year-old boy.

3TV has learned the family discovered Syler Newton was missing from his sleeping bag just before 2 a.m. Sunday.

The boy has light brown hair, blue eyes and he was only wearing a diaper. He is about 3 feet tall and weighs approximately 20 pounds.

Dwight Develyn, with YCSO, says, “We're obviously very concerned about a 2-year-old wandering around up in this wilderness area. We've brought in over 50 rescue personnel including bloodhounds, horses, helicopter flyovers by DPS Ranger, ATV, tracking teams and on and on to try and locate this child."

http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-fe...away-from-campsite-near-Rimrock-99205609.html

Syler Newton was camping with his family at the Beaver Creek Campground near Highway 179 off I-17. At some point while everyone was asleep -- he disappeared.

Authorities said the woman who claimed to be Syler's mother is actually in the process of adopting him, so police are trying to locate Syler's biological mother.

Deputies, along with search and rescue personnel, were searching Sunday afternoon for the boy, who was described as having light brown hair, and blue eyes and was wearing only a diaper. He is approximately 3 feet tall and weighs about 20 pounds.
Syler was last seen around midnight inside a tent sleeping with other family members. At about 1:45 a.m., the family discovered he was missing from his sleeping bag. They searched the area briefly and called 911 after failing to locate Syler.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...d-goes-missing-from-family-camp-site-07252010

The boy was camping with his mother, grandmother, 12-year-old sister and 14-year-old brother.
"Syler was last seen around midnight inside a tent while sleeping with other family members," D'Evelyn said.
About 1:45 a.m. Sunday a family member awoke and discovered the boy was missing from his sleeping bag. Family members and other nearby campers searched the immediate area then called 911 about 2:30 a.m., D'Evelyn said. Deputies arrived on scene and searched the area and interviewed nearby campers, but the boy was nowhere to be found.
"It's pretty hot and humid right now," he said. "The terrain and dehydration would be the critical concerns for us." About 50 search and rescue officials are on scene and an Arizona Department of Public Safety helicopter searched from the region from above.
Officials are using ATVs and bloodhounds, which tracked the boys scent for a short distance but didn't find the toddler.
Sheriff's detectives are also present to determine whether "there is any evidence of foul play or any criminal aspects of the incident," D'Evelyn said. "That's routine, especially involving a missing 2-year-old. We want to make sure all our bases are covered."
Officials were also checking with local sex offenders in the area.
"We will be up here until we find this young kid," he added.

Syler Newton was camping with his family at the Beaver Creek Campground near Highway 179 off I-17. At some point while everyone was asleep -- he disappeared.

Authorities said the woman who claimed to be Syler's mother is actually in the process of adopting him, so police are trying to locate Syler's biological mother.

Deputies, along with search and rescue personnel, were searching Sunday afternoon for the boy, who was described as having light brown hair, and blue eyes and was wearing only a diaper. He is approximately 3 feet tall and weighs about 20 pounds.
Syler was last seen around midnight inside a tent sleeping with other family members. At about 1:45 a.m., the family discovered he was missing from his sleeping bag. They searched the area briefly and called 911 after failing to locate Syler.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...d-goes-missing-from-family-camp-site-07252010

BBM Above ...........................

Please tell me that my hinky meter is just fibbin and this baby is ok .......

I don't like the BOLD above ....

OH NO! It's over 90 degrees out there right now with isolated thunderstorms tonight. How frightening for a child.

Question though - how does a toddler manage to get out of his bed, walk around in the dark, unzip the tent, without the others noticing? Drinking? Drugs?

Really looking for some new info on this one.

MOO

Mel

How sad! I pray little Syler is found soon and can't imagine how scared and hungry he is out there.

I can tell you that when I am camping, I hear everything. The littlest sound will wake me (don't like bears, or people who creep in the night)... I guess it is possible, I just find it hard to fathom that a 2 year old would wander out in the dark, let alone get a tent unzipped.

My daughter who is three does not like the dark at all......

I'd like to know more about the campground. Is it lit up. I've been to AZ. Up north it is pitch black at night outside of the stars. I'm trying to imagine how a child would even walk out into the dark in the middle of the night. My almost 8 year old will just now allow the bathroom light off. (No night light or hall light but he wants the bathroom light on down the hall for a little light).

Would a 2 yr old really walk away into a pitch black night?

Please be found safe Syler!

OH NO! It's over 90 degrees out there right now with isolated thunderstorms tonight. How frightening for a child.

Question though - how does a toddler manage to get out of his bed, walk around in the dark, unzip the tent, without the others noticing? Drinking? Drugs?

Really looking for some new info on this one.

MOO

Mel
I can see him getting out of the tent and wandering around, so my question is why take a 2 y/o on a camping trip when they can be that resourceful and get out? :waitasec: MOO

Someone mentioned on another site that if the child was wearing only a diaper, and barefoot, he wouldn't make it very far in rough terrain (which supposedly this area is).

Officials are using ATVs and bloodhounds, which tracked the boys scent for a short distance but didn't find the toddler.
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...issing-camping-yavapai0726.html#ixzz0ukA66WB0

So the bloodhounds tracked the boys scent -- then poof?

My hinky meter just went thru the roof :(

MOO

Mel

Darlin Gal ... your wonderful ! I don't know how you find all these articles right away, but Thank you so much !

This is why I am terrified of camping with small children. I took my youngest to a family camp with us about a year ago when he was about 8 months and didn't sleep soundly the whole time we were there-I held him all night long. I won't do it again until he is older, I think. I waited with my two older children,too, until they were about 5ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong